Windows 10: Playing online games makes my wifi slow down to less than 1mb/s for entire network

Discus and support Playing online games makes my wifi slow down to less than 1mb/s for entire network in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; When I go to play an online game on my desktop PC my internet for everone in the house slows down massively to less than 1mb/s. When I'm not gaming the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by monggggggg, Apr 27, 2020.

1. Playing online games makes my wifi slow down to less than 1mb/s for entire network

When I go to play an online game on my desktop PC my internet for everone in the house slows down massively to less than 1mb/s. When I'm not gaming the internet is fine getting 15mb/s. This only happens when I am play games on my pc, playing them on my laptop is fine.

Would this be a hardwhere or a softwhere issues as it only happens when I use my PC but effects speeds of every device on the network masivly.

Its probably a long shot but does anyone know how to fix this issue. I cant use my new pc :

:)

monggggggg, Apr 27, 2020
  2. Marby Rey Win User

Wifi Very Slow

Hi,

The following are some reasons that may cause of the slow WiFi connection.

• Corrupted or incompatible drivers.
    • Missing updates.
    • Network connection settings.
    • Hardware or software problems.
    • Inappropriate distance from the router or obstruction.
    • Interference with other devices.

To isolate the concern, have you checked if the issue persists with other devices? For now, we suggest that you follow the troubleshooting steps provided in this
    article.

Marby Rey, Apr 27, 2020
  3. Playing games is very slow

I have recently installed windows 10 and have tried to play some of my old favorite computer games,(Diciples, age of empires, stronghold) and they run so slow I can't even play them. Any suggestions?

Moved from Community Participation Center

Original title: playing games

MarkAllen5525, Apr 27, 2020
  4. Playing online games makes my wifi slow down to less than 1mb/s for entire network

No Sound while playing games.

Hi Marbea,

For us to further isolate the issue, please clarify the following:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • Did you receive any error messages?
    • Are you experiencing the issue when playing games only?
    • Is the issue the same when playing a different game? What game are you trying to play?

Meanwhile, you can check and try performing the troubleshooting steps provided in this

article
    . Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Lov Dollente, Apr 27, 2020
Thema:

Playing online games makes my wifi slow down to less than 1mb/s for entire network

1. Playing online games makes my wifi slow down to less than 1mb/s for entire network - Similar Threads - Playing online games

2. Wifi fails when playing online games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi fails when playing online games: Hello, i've been having issues lately with either my wifi or the desktop as when operating it normally, the wifi works out fine but when playing an online game, usually it will cause it to lag for a few minutes before disconnecting entirely usually something like " network X...
  3. Wifi fails when playing online games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi fails when playing online games: Hello, i've been having issues lately with either my wifi or the desktop as when operating it normally, the wifi works out fine but when playing an online game, usually it will cause it to lag for a few minutes before disconnecting entirely usually something like " network X...
  4. Speedtest slows down my entire pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Speedtest slows down my entire pc: when i run speedtest through the browser and the app,my entire pc slow down and my mouse pointer moves very slowand when i run speedtest while running any other app that has sound ,the sound glitches/stutters .why?my pc specs:i7 4600Ugpu :nvidia gefore GT 720m8gb ram500gb hdd...
  5. Speedtest slows down my entire pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Speedtest slows down my entire pc: when i run speedtest through the browser and the app,my entire pc slow down and my mouse pointer moves very slowand when i run speedtest while running any other app that has sound ,the sound glitches/stutters .why?my pc specs:i7 4600Ugpu :nvidia gefore GT 720m8gb ram500gb hdd...
  6. Speedtest slows down my entire pc

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. My wifi adapter disappears when playing online games

My wifi adapter disappears when playing online games: Hello all, I have a problem with my laptop Asus Tuf Gaming A15. When I play online games, my wifi adapter always disappears. When I check in the device manager, the wifi adapter is always hidden and I have to uninstall and reinstall it so I can use my wifi again. I don't know...
  8. File transfer rates less than 1mb/s between internal drives

File transfer rates less than 1mb/s between internal drives: After spending hours trawling the internet and microsoft forums for a solution I have finally found one. In short the problem is incredibly slow transfer speeds between two internal hard drives. It starts off for each file at a speed I would expect, over 50mbps, then...
  9. OneDrive sync makes computer's internet slow down and then lose WiFi connection entirely

OneDrive sync makes computer's internet slow down and then lose WiFi connection entirely: Every time I need to do a OneDrive sync with many files, it kills my WiFi connection. I have seen others complain about this too. Does anyone know what can be done to mitigate or fix this? Thank you...
  10. Network copying slows down entire system

Network copying slows down entire system: Been trying to copy 50gb from my synology to a USB hd disk. This causes the entire system to not respond well.. If I hit the pause button on the copy window everything works again perfectly. So I tested to a local Hard Drive.. Same copy movement. No issues then. So the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. when i open an online game my wifi goes down