Windows 10: Playing Switch/ PS4 on my primary monitor (HDMI) means no sound coming from my secondary...

Discus and support Playing Switch/ PS4 on my primary monitor (HDMI) means no sound coming from my secondary... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So not sure if this is the appropriate place to ask this but I might as well. I currently have my headphones plugged into my primary monitor... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/aladdin142, May 28, 2020.

1. Playing Switch/ PS4 on my primary monitor (HDMI) means no sound coming from my secondary...

So not sure if this is the appropriate place to ask this but I might as well.

I currently have my headphones plugged into my primary monitor (headphone jacks on PC cause too much static) and my secondary monitor plugged into my primary using HDMI. This all works perfectly fine when using my PC, I can hear sound coming from either monitor just fine through my headphones.

Now to my question, I want to play games on my primary monitor (Switch/ PS4) and currently have my Switch plugged into my primary monitor using HDMI. Now when I change over to that HDMI display mode (so I can see my Switch screen), the sound cuts off from anything I'm playing on my secondary monitor (Youtube or whatever). So in the end I can only hear things from my secondary monitor if the display mode on my primary is set to my usual PC setup. The second I swap display modes to HDMI to play games on my primary monitor, I get no sound from my secondary (although my primary has sound still, of course since my headphones are plugged into it).

Hope that all wasn't too convoluted. I basically just play to play console games on my primary monitor while watching videos on my PC (secondary monitor) and hear sound coming from both at the same time.

Thanks for any advice!

submitted by /u/aladdin142
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/aladdin142, May 28, 2020

2. No sound to monitor from PS4 using HDMI

For a couple months now I've had no sounds from my PS4 to my All in One PC using an HDMI connection. I've tried restarting both my computer and the PS4, as well as replacing the HDMI cable. I get video fine but there is no audio with I switch my input to
    HDMI to play on my PS4.

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

ShaneLetts, May 28, 2020
  3. No sound to monitor from PS4 using HDMI

Thank you for your reply. The make and model of my computer is HP All-In-One Desktop R4C6NS5 27-p041 Edition. Both the PS4 and the PC only have 1 HDMI port so I can't try another port to see if it will work. I still have audio from my computer when using
    it as a computer, it's only when I press the HDMI button on the back of the monitor and it switches to my PS4 screen that I have no sound. It worked find for over a year, then suddenly stopped, I don't remember doing any significant updates or patches prior
    to the issue occurring. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

ShaneLetts, May 28, 2020
  4. Ajhmain Win User

Playing Switch/ PS4 on my primary monitor (HDMI) means no sound coming from my secondary...

The taskbar locked to bottom of secondary monitor moves to the primary monitor whenever primary monitor is switched on.

See the title.

I have the taskbar locked at the bottom of the secondary monitor so the primary monitor is completely empty for watching movies, games TV etc.

Whenever I turn the primary monitor on, the taskbar immediately jumps from the bottom of the seconday monitor over to the bottom of the primary monitor. I then need to untick the 'Locked' option on the taskbar, drag it back to the secondary and tick 'Locked'
    again.

The taskbar disrupts desktop icons on the primary and any application running on the primary monitor at the time and quite frustrating.

Primary monitor is an Asus PB328, connected via Display Port to the PC.

Secondary monitor is a Samsung 24 connected via DVI to the PC.

I expect the taskbar to remain where I place it when locked, regardless of monitors been switched on or off.

The sequence of turning on the primary and secondary monitors has no impact. As soon as the primary monitor (Asus on DP) is turned on, the locked taskbar moves to the primary display, regardless of whether the Samsung is on or not.

Ajhmain, May 28, 2020
Thema:

Playing Switch/ PS4 on my primary monitor (HDMI) means no sound coming from my secondary...

1. Playing Switch/ PS4 on my primary monitor (HDMI) means no sound coming from my secondary... - Similar Threads - Playing Switch PS4

2. My folder alway open on a secondary monitor HDMI

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My folder alway open on a secondary monitor HDMI: First of all I am super piece by this company YES Microsoft who pretend to bring innovation which actually just a big piece of cosmetic **** on top of pile of **** which is the succession of all windows since 7.I have a 3 screen configurations. 1 HDMI, 2 DP. Primary is on...
  3. My folder alway open on a secondary monitor HDMI

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My folder alway open on a secondary monitor HDMI: First of all I am super piece by this company YES Microsoft who pretend to bring innovation which actually just a big piece of cosmetic **** on top of pile of **** which is the succession of all windows since 7.I have a 3 screen configurations. 1 HDMI, 2 DP. Primary is on...
  4. How to switch between two HDMI ports on my secondary computer monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to switch between two HDMI ports on my secondary computer monitor: I have an HP Alienware laptop with one HDMI port on the back. It is connected via HDMI cable to an HP Pavilion 27c curved monitor that I'm using as a secondary screen. That monitor has two HDMI ports on the back of it. I have an iPhone 11 Pro Max and a lightning to HDMI...
  5. How to switch between two HDMI ports on my secondary computer monitor

How to switch between two HDMI ports on my secondary computer monitor: I have an HP Alienware laptop with one HDMI port on the back. It is connected via HDMI cable to an HP Pavilion 27c curved monitor that I'm using as a secondary screen. That monitor has two HDMI ports on the back of it. I have an iPhone 11 Pro Max and a lightning to HDMI...
  6. Windows wrongly moved to primary monitor when switching on secondary monitor, and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows wrongly moved to primary monitor when switching on secondary monitor, and...: First issue: When I switch my secondary monitor off, nothing changes good.However, when switching back on, all windows are moved to the primary monitor!!!That's stupid. I would accept if that happend when switching off, but not when switching back on!!!Secondary issue: The...
  7. Windows wrongly moved to primary monitor when switching on secondary monitor, and...

Windows wrongly moved to primary monitor when switching on secondary monitor, and...: First issue: When I switch my secondary monitor off, nothing changes good.However, when switching back on, all windows are moved to the primary monitor!!!That's stupid. I would accept if that happend when switching off, but not when switching back on!!!Secondary issue: The...
  8. Windows wrongly moved to primary monitor when switching on secondary monitor, and...

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. No sound coming from my TV through HDMI

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No sound coming from my TV through HDMI: The problem I am having is that my JVC TV is not picking any sound at all from my Desktop but if I plug a speaker in the headphone jack, the headphone jack picks the sound but not my JVC TV through HDMI which is what I need. My TV is a JVC with an HDMI port where I connect...
  10. No support for hardware to play my PS4 in my secondary monitor?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    No support for hardware to play my PS4 in my secondary monitor?: Mods: Please move this to wherever you feel is the correct section (if this isn't it). Thanks. I have two pieces of hardware which I used to switch my secondary monitor, where I can play PS4 and switch it to do what I need in it. It worked fully in 7, but it won't work in...