Windows 10: Playing video from an ISO file on Windows 10

Discus and support Playing video from an ISO file on Windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I can mount the ISO file to a drive (e.g. H:) but can't seem to get AutoPlay working for that drive. AutoPlay doesn't show with a right click as it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by CTM99, Mar 26, 2019.

1. CTM99 Win User

Playing video from an ISO file on Windows 10

I can mount the ISO file to a drive (e.g. HPlaying video from an ISO file  on Windows 10 :) but can't seem to get AutoPlay working for that drive. AutoPlay doesn't show with a right click as it does for the physical DVD drive.

(Any other way to play the video content with standard MS win10 software would also be OK.)

:)

CTM99, Mar 26, 2019
  2. jtstory Win User

Playing video .iso files in Windows 10

I have Windows 10. How do I mount and play a video .iso file?

jtstory, Mar 26, 2019
  3. No sound when playing video files on Windows 10

Hi Andrei,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

To have better clarity on the issue, please answer the below-listed questions and get back to us.

1. Are you aware of any changes made to this computer prior to the issue?
    2. When do get the error "this app can't run on this computer"?
    3. Is the sound working fine in Audio files?
    4. What is the make and model number of your computer?

5) What is the format of Video files that you are trying to play? (You may refer to
      File types supported by Windows Media Player).

Meanwhile, download a new video file from the internet and check if the audio is coming from that video file.

Also, copy those video files onto a USB and play them on another computer and check if you are able to hear audio from thos video files.

I suggest you to follow the troubleshooting steps mentioned in Fix sound problems in Windows 10 and check if this helps.

Hope it helps.

Shafeeq_Khan, Mar 26, 2019
  4. HAT
    hat Win User

wont boot into ISO file?

hm I used nero and put the iso on there like anything else
    ill try your suggestions with the .nrg file I no longer have the .iso (threw away)
    i was just curious

Thema:

1. Playing video from an ISO file on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Playing video ISO

2. Transfer Video file won't play on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transfer Video file won't play on Windows 10: So I have connected my Samsung S23 to my PC and transferred files from phone to PC.When I try to play them I get the error code "YOu need a new codec to play this item. codecs help the app read and play different files'2240224_110026' Requires the 'HEVC video Extensions' code...
  3. Playing Video Files From an External Device

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Playing Video Files From an External Device: For video,buffering the video file is copied from phone to pc at temporary location what is that temporary location https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/playing-video-files-from-an-external-device/e3b865d0-871d-4796-978e-5972239b6c71
  4. Playing Video Files From an External Device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Playing Video Files From an External Device: For video,buffering the video file is copied from phone to pc at temporary location what is that temporary location https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/playing-video-files-from-an-external-device/e3b865d0-871d-4796-978e-5972239b6c71
  5. Playing Video Files From an External Device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Windows 10 iso: Lending an iso file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 iso: Lending an iso file: Is it legal to lend someone an iso file that I have installed with the Media Creation Tool downloaded directly from MS website? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-iso-lending-an-iso-file/9914836e-44cb-449b-9121-63b5e5dc3fa1
  7. Windows 10 iso: Lending an iso file

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 iso: Lending an iso file: Is it legal to lend someone an iso file that I have installed with the Media Creation Tool downloaded directly from MS website? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-iso-lending-an-iso-file/9914836e-44cb-449b-9121-63b5e5dc3fa1
  8. Playing Video Files From an External Device

Playing Video Files From an External Device: When I connect a smartphone to the computer and try to play a video file stored inside the smartphone with a video player, the system first copies the entire file to a temporary location and only after that it plays the file. How can a file be played directly without first...
  9. Video and audio files are not playing on Windows 10

Video and audio files are not playing on Windows 10: Video and audio file are not playing in Windows 10 I have tried every possible video and audio player the file working for 30 to 40 sec and stops. I am able to online video without any issue and play high end game but these two video and audio files are not playing. Please...
  10. Playing video .iso files in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Playing video .iso files in Windows 10: I have Windows 10. How do I mount and play a video .iso file? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/playing-video-iso-files-in-windows-10/85958a83-02d7-4828-beee-3756fb53f559