Windows 10: Playing video on a Windows 10 laptop

Discus and support Playing video on a Windows 10 laptop in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Today I noticed my laptop won't play videos properly (online - YouTube, Facebook videos AND video files on my laptop). By "properly" I mean: sometimes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/PigPanzer, Jul 3, 2020.

1. Playing video on a Windows 10 laptop

Today I noticed my laptop won't play videos properly (online - YouTube, Facebook videos AND video files on my laptop). By "properly" I mean: sometimes the videos will run, but then - when I close and open Chrome again - it will hang at the start (the grey buffer bar will load) or play without sound or show an error message in YT player to restart my computer.

The same goes for video files on my PC. Sometimes it will play the, but mostly it will just hang at 0:00. Sometimes even the system audio won't work.

I updated graphics drivers, scanned the whole thing with various "troubleshooters" but nothing seemed to help. Also reinstalled VLC multiple times.

Does anyone have the same problem and perhaps a solution?

Specs:

• Laptop: HP laptop 14-caxxx
    • CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3500U with Radeon Vega Mobile Gfx
    • Graphics: AMD Radeon Vega 8 Graphics
    • 8,0 GB RAM
    submitted by /u/PigPanzer
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/PigPanzer, Jul 3, 2020
  2. Amit_Sun Win User

video not playing

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. May I know, which video player you are using to play the video?
    2. Are you able to play the video on any other computer?
    3. Are you facing the issue with only specific video or with all the other videos?

This issue could also occur when the USB or SD card is corrupted when you have transferred the video.

Try the troubleshooting methods provided below to further narrow down the root cause of the issue.

Method 1: Try a different video player.

1. Try to use a different USB to transfer the video, if you are playing it on other computer or device.
    2. I suggest you to try a different video player and check if it plays.
    3. You can also check on different device or computer.

Step: Run Windows Media player troubleshooter.

1. Press Windows + R key on your keyboard together.
    2. Copy and paste the below command and run each at a time and follow the onscreen instruction on the troubleshooter
    3. msdt.exe -id WindowsMediaPlayerConfigurationDiagnostic
    4. msdt.exe -id WindowsMediaPlayerLibraryDiagnostic
    5. msdt.exe -id WindowsMediaPlayerDVDDiagnostic
    6. Reboot the computer and check.
    If you still face the issue, reply to this post with more information.

Hope it helps,

Amit Sunar

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Amit_Sun, Jul 3, 2020
  3. When playing downloaded videos on laptop, it lags.

Hi Nelson,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand that the videos are playing with lag in every player. We will help you.

To assist you better, I suggest you to answer the below questions.

• What is the make and model of your PC?
    • From where did you update the display adapter?
    • Did you check playing in Windows media player?
    • Which file format are you trying to play?
    • Is the issue specific to the Video or all the videos?
    Please post to us with more information to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Jul 3, 2020
  4. ZacharyF Win User

Playing video on a Windows 10 laptop

Videos not playing

Hi,

I am also having an issue with my videos not playing on any browser for windows 10. So I followed the steps that you listed for the video option but there is
    no folder called Display Drivers. There are folders called display adapters and disk drivers however. Maybe I should uninstall one of those?

Thanks

Zach

ZacharyF, Jul 3, 2020
Thema:

Playing video on a Windows 10 laptop

1. Playing video on a Windows 10 laptop - Similar Threads - Playing video laptop

2. Snapchat videos won't play on laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Snapchat videos won't play on laptop: So I've transferred some of my Snapchat videos to a USB stick and was just checking they transferred properly, but when I click on them to play on my laptop I get a pop-up message that says "we can't open file name. This may be because the file type is unsupported, the file...
  3. Snapchat videos won't play on laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Snapchat videos won't play on laptop: So I've transferred some of my Snapchat videos to a USB stick and was just checking they transferred properly, but when I click on them to play on my laptop I get a pop-up message that says "we can't open file name. This may be because the file type is unsupported, the file...
  4. Laptop Playing Video While Closed

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop Playing Video While Closed: Yesterday night something creepy happened. I was watching a video on my laptop at 3 am. When I finished, I kept the tab open but closed my laptop to put it on sleep mode. At exactly 4 am, I was woken up by the sound of the same video I was watching playing from my laptop,...
  5. Cannot play iphone videos on laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cannot play iphone videos on laptop: When I try to play an iphone video I have downloaded it says. Missing codec. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-play-iphone-videos-on-laptop/698ad00f-e615-4d5b-bfbc-28b5842cf28d
  6. PLAYING VIDEO IN WINDOWS 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    PLAYING VIDEO IN WINDOWS 10: VIDEOS 720P OR ANYONE CAN'T NO CLEAR DISPLAY.IT'S DRAGGING UP AND DOWN.IT'S SOUND OK https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/playing-video-in-windows-10/774a3787-84ca-4ef7-95f2-32ec83d9c1d4
  7. Videos are playing zoomed in on my laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Videos are playing zoomed in on my laptop: I am having problems viewing videos (for example on news websites) as the picture is constantly zoomed in. I've tried finding answers to this problem online without success....
  8. playing videos with windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    playing videos with windows 10: Hi, Since I upgraded to windows 10 from windows Vista I haven't been able to play videos on my PC including You tube on internet whatever browser I use...
  9. Video not playing in windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Video not playing in windows 10: I have had a problem viewing videos on my laptop for some time. When I play a video the sound works fine but there is no picture. I have tried opening the videos with several players i.e. power DVD Windows Media Player Quick Time etc. but none work However, if I open one...
  10. videos will not play in windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    videos will not play in windows 10: I just upgraded to windows 10 without any installation problems or error massages. However I soon discovered that I am unable to play any videos including any that are on youtube. When I do click on one i get distorted audio, no video playback and IE crashes. I was...