Windows 10: Playstation and other game controllers support in XInput.dll

Discus and support Playstation and other game controllers support in XInput.dll in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; From years as I remember people tried to use Playstation controllers in games which reads game controller input through XInput.dll module which does... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Piotr Jahołkowski, Sep 29, 2022.

1. Playstation and other game controllers support in XInput.dll

From years as I remember people tried to use Playstation controllers in games which reads game controller input through XInput.dll module which does not support Playstation controllers. There is some mind-breaking operation with XInput.dll replacement which is loaded instead of original XInput.dll and has ability to read playstation controllers. As I recently found it would not be necessary if XInput was implemented correclty. At https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/win32/xinput/xinput-versions we have described XInput versions of that library which we can found of in "C:\Windows\System

:)

Piotr Jahołkowski, Sep 29, 2022

2. wanting to get bluetooth game controllers xinput dinput??

Does anyone have some suggestions and links of what is good to look for on these things?
    I want Bluetooth as I have a firestick 4K and I can install free games on that.
    I also have a Bluetooth dongle that does work to transfer files from phone to PC to phone, but I dont know if the version matters regarding controllers?? I got that device at least 5 years ago.

I want force feedback in the handles.
    Is it better to use seperate A cell batteries, or an inbuilt one?
    I am thinking really 2 controllers, all on one Bluetooth dongle?

I also read Xinput is newer than Dinput and how does that fit into this picture?
    I read some controllers only do Xinput when using a cable, which I dont think is a good idea.

I also need them to work with windows 7 and 10, android, firestick, dont care about apple

- - - Updated - - -

I found out my Bluetooth device is version 2.

sdowney717, Sep 29, 2022
  3. set up my unofficial playstation controller to steam

i downloaded 3 old tomb raider games, 1 2 and 3, the first one seems to be going well with my generic controller which is a unofficial playstation one but with the other 2 games, it doesn't work, is there any suggestions to this?

Teknosfinest, Sep 29, 2022
  4. Playstation and other game controllers support in XInput.dll

Disable XInput Keyboard/Mouse Simulation?

Okay, so apparently a workaround I found was to go to Device Manager and find the controller, then right click it (HID Compilant Game Controller). Then go to update drivers, pick from a specified list, then choose HID Compilant Device. Not sure if this breaks
    support in some games, I would also prefer an official fix from Microsoft on this as well.

EDIT: Now, for whatever reason, games will detect my left analog stick moving to the right, despite that being the only direction games don't work in now.

EDIT2: Don't try this workaround, any games that require XInput will stop detecting your controller.

RandomAnimeGamer, Sep 29, 2022
Thema:

Playstation and other game controllers support in XInput.dll

1. Playstation and other game controllers support in XInput.dll - Similar Threads - Playstation game controllers

2. Playstation 3 controllers no longer work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Playstation 3 controllers no longer work: I can't figure out how make my wired controllers work. They used to work fine, but now they ARE detected, and the drivers say they are up to date, yet they do not function anymore. They work fine on my ps3. I have spent hours and hours now searching for a solution to no...
  3. Playstation 3 controllers no longer work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Playstation 3 controllers no longer work: I can't figure out how make my wired controllers work. They used to work fine, but now they ARE detected, and the drivers say they are up to date, yet they do not function anymore. They work fine on my ps3. I have spent hours and hours now searching for a solution to no...
  4. Playstation and other game controllers support in XInput.dll

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Playstation and other game controllers support in XInput.dll: From years as I remember people tried to use Playstation controllers in games which reads game controller input through XInput.dll module which does not support Playstation controllers. There is some mind-breaking operation with XInput.dll replacement which is loaded instead...
  5. Playstation and other game controllers support in XInput.dll

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Playstation and other game controllers support in XInput.dll: From years as I remember people tried to use Playstation controllers in games which reads game controller input through XInput.dll module which does not support Playstation controllers. There is some mind-breaking operation with XInput.dll replacement which is loaded instead...
  6. Playstation 4 Controller Keeps Displays On

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Playstation 4 Controller Keeps Displays On: When a Playstation 4 controller is plugged into my computer, the displays remain on even past the time at which they are meant to turn off automatically 10 minutes. I am able to unplug the controller and have the screens turn off as normal, but at times can forget to do so,...
  7. XBOX CONTROLLER RECOGNIZED AS LE XINPUT DEVICE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    XBOX CONTROLLER RECOGNIZED AS LE XINPUT DEVICE: GOOD DAY. I HAD A TROUBLE MAPPING MY XBOX CONTROLLER BECAUSE IT HAS DIFFERENT INPUT BUTTONS AND NAME. IT APPEARS THAT MY XBOX CONTROLLER WAS RECOGNIZED AS A GENERIC GAMEPAD CONTROLLER ON GAMES. I TRIED USING IT ON WIRED CONNECTION AND WAS WORKING FINE, HOWEVER IT WAS NOT THE...
  8. wanting to get bluetooth game controllers xinput dinput??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    wanting to get bluetooth game controllers xinput dinput??: Does anyone have some suggestions and links of what is good to look for on these things? I want Bluetooth as I have a firestick 4K and I can install free games on that. I also have a Bluetooth dongle that does work to transfer files from phone to PC to phone, but I dont know...
  9. Unsure if purchase or not a codesign certificate for custom xinput dll

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unsure if purchase or not a codesign certificate for custom xinput dll: Hi I like to create a custom version of xinput1_3.dll to put in to binary folder where there is the game exe file. My question is: what happen if I sign the dll without a trust organization certificate using only a private key ? Is possible that an application can freeze if...
  10. Playstation controller not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Playstation controller not working: I have an original PlayStation controller hooked up to my Windows 10 pc through an adapter (this one: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000NJBD90/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1). However, when I connect the controller to the pc and try to use it the...