Windows 10: Playstation Button Prompt on Windows 10?

Discus and support Playstation Button Prompt on Windows 10? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi all! I've been wondering on various forums across the net trying to find an answer to this. Hopefully I can find it here. I have an issue with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by PlasmaDrone, Jul 23, 2020.

1. Playstation Button Prompt on Windows 10?

Hi all!

I've been wondering on various forums across the net trying to find an answer to this. Hopefully I can find it here.

I have an issue with Controller Configuration. So, I have a PS2 controller that I connect with an adapter to my PC and thus making it detected as a PS3 controller. The issue I'm having is that many games I play that require the controller to use it always has the buttons mapped in-game as generic controller buttons, like "Button 1, Button 2, etc." instead of the Playstation mapping like "X, Square, R1, L2, Start, Select, etc.". Its quite honestly irritating to always have to remember them for specific actions, in-game control mapping, and especially Quick Time Events.

I then checked the Settings for the Controller Configuration on Steam and see that in the Define Layout it shows an XBox controller and the buttons mapped as I wrote in the paragraph before. I attach the images showing it here in Imgur. Please do have a look at them.

Steam Playstation Controller Question - Album on Imgur

• One image shows that it is a PS3 Controller that is detected.
    • One image shows the Controller Layout does not match my PS2/3 controller.
    • One Image shows the Guide Button Chord that shows the exact buttons I want to be displayed in the games.

I already checked Devices and Printers in the Control Panel but over there the options are limited to only testing the buttons and sticks.

I look forward to your answers and help.

Thank you.

Cheers Playstation Button Prompt on Windows 10? :) Playstation Button Prompt on Windows 10? :)

:)

PlasmaDrone, Jul 23, 2020

2. Playstation Button Prompt on Windows 10?

Hi all!

I've been wondering on various forums across the net trying to find an answer to this. Hopefully I can find it here.

I have an issue with Controller Configuration. So, I have a PS2 controller that I connect with an adapter to my PC and thus making it detected as a PS3 controller. The issue I'm having is that many games I play that require the controller to use it always has the buttons mapped in-game as generic controller buttons, like "Button 1, Button 2, etc." instead of the Playstation mapping like "X, Square, R1, L2, Start, Select, etc.". It’s quite honestly irritating to always have to remember them for specific actions, in-game control mapping, and especially Quick Time Events.

I then checked the Settings for the Controller Configuration on Steam and see that in the Define Layout it shows an XBox controller and the buttons mapped as I wrote in the paragraph before. I attach the images showing it here in Imgur. Please do have a look at them.

Steam Playstation Controller Question - Album on Imgur

• One image shows that it is a PS3 Controller that is detected.
    • One image shows the Controller Layout does not match my PS2/3 controller.
    • One Image shows the Guide Button Chord that shows the exact buttons I want to be displayed in the games.

I already checked Devices and Printers in the Control Panel but over there the options are limited to only testing the buttons and sticks.

I look forward to your answers and help.

Thank you.

Cheers Playstation Button Prompt on Windows 10? :) Playstation Button Prompt on Windows 10? :)

PlasmaDrone, Jul 30, 2020
  3. Pavan_N Win User
    Playstation connection to Windows 10

Hi Dean,

Refer the steps below to run a Home group troubleshooter and check if the issue is resolved.

• Type “Troubleshooting” in search bar.

• Select Troubleshooting.

• Click on “Network and Internet”,

• Select “Home Group”.‌ (You might be asked for an admin password or to confirm your choice)

• Click on “Next”, and then follow the instructions on your screen.

As you have mentioned that you are able to share files and folder to other computers as well as Play station 3 provided in a default folder. I would suggest you to be in touch with Play station support.

Refer:
    PlayStation support.

Do let us know if you need further assistance. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Jul 30, 2020
  4. cadaveca Win User

Playstation Button Prompt on Windows 10?

Subsystem ID mismatch

Run atiwinflash from the DOS prompt in Windows. Follow the steps listed in the HD6950 mod article for DOS flashing.

cadaveca, Jul 30, 2020
Thema:

Playstation Button Prompt on Windows 10?

1. Playstation Button Prompt on Windows 10? - Similar Threads - Playstation Button Prompt

2. UAC prompt not showing "YES" button.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    UAC prompt not showing "YES" button.: I cannot change any settings nor can I install or uninstall any apps. As I try to do so the user account control dialogue box/prompt box does not show yes button.Please Help!...
  3. UAC prompt with no 'Yes' button

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    UAC prompt with no 'Yes' button: Refering to a response concerning the absence of the yes button from the UAC prompt on January 23 2017. The proposed solution does not work because halfway through it the UAC prompt appears and - yes you guessed it - there's no 'Yes' button!!! Might be a good idea to check...
  4. PlayStation minecraft

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PlayStation minecraft: Why won't my minecraft microsoft account work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/playstation-minecraft/386d040e-7346-47d4-b29f-4d149e1db94b
  5. PlayStation bug

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PlayStation bug: When i try to sign into my microsoft account on mincraft i do everything correctly but when im done it says its already signed into a different playstation network account but i haven’t used any other playstation accounts....
  6. Connect Minecraft Windows 10 to Playstation Network?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Connect Minecraft Windows 10 to Playstation Network?: Hello, I have the following problem: I would like to play with a friend on a Minecraft server. So far, it's always worked because he did it on his cell phone. But now he wants to switch to a PlayStation Vita. But he can't log in with an Xbox account and I can't log in...
  7. playstation camera

in Windows 10 Gaming
    playstation camera: I have this PlayStation camera, my computer is saying that i don´t have drivers to control this camera. What can i do to start funcioning with this camera in the computer?...
  8. Use of PlayStation Dance Mat on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Use of PlayStation Dance Mat on Windows 10: I have rediscovered Dance Dance Revolution after finding a Playstation 1 Dance Mat and a converter that allows me to use the dance mat on my Windows 10 PC. The only issue I have with the Dance Mat (which has 10 buttons) is that I am unable to press two arrow buttons...
  9. Playstation controller not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Playstation controller not working: I have an original PlayStation controller hooked up to my Windows 10 pc through an adapter (this one: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000NJBD90/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1). However, when I connect the controller to the pc and try to use it the...
  10. Command prompt in Start button bug

in Windows 10 Support
    Command prompt in Start button bug: Hey people, since creators update trying to launch CMD/Powershell with right click on start button just got nothing being launch. Only way i can launch it by other methods. Does someone else find this problem with creators update? Or my system just get corrupted but sfc...