Windows 10: Playstation controller not working

Discus and support Playstation controller not working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have an original PlayStation controller hooked up to my Windows 10 pc through an adapter (this one:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Stanley P., Mar 19, 2019.

1. Playstation controller not working

I have an original PlayStation controller hooked up to my Windows 10 pc through an adapter

(this one: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000NJBD90/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1).

However, when I connect the controller to the pc and try to use it the d-pad doesn't work. When I go to the control panel and check the controller properties, the d-pad maps to the X Axis / Y Axis instead of mapping to the Point of View Hat like my other controllers.

I plugged the controller into my Steam Link to test if it really was broken, but on the Steam Link, the controller works totally normal. So the controller is completely functional, all the buttons and joysticks work correctly, and the adapter works fine.

I then tried the controller on my windows 7 pc to see if Windows 10 was the problem. But the d-pad still registered as the X-axis / Y axis instead of the Point of View Hat.

I think that there's something wrong with a driver or that I'm missing a driver, I've tried many things but to no avail.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

:)

Stanley P., Mar 19, 2019

2. Can't manage to connect a second Playstation 3 controller

I have 2 Playstation 3 controllers that I would like to use to play games on my laptop. I managed to install the first one following a guide about "ScpServer" to install it as a "Controller XBOX 360 For Windows" and it works perfectly.
    When I try to use the second one it doesn't work. The 4 lights keep flashing and I tried reinstalling the driver using just the second controller but it still won't work.

Do you have any suggestion?
    Thanks!

Gnottino90, Mar 19, 2019
  3. Pavan_N Win User
    Playstation connection to Windows 10

Hi Dean,

Refer the steps below to run a Home group troubleshooter and check if the issue is resolved.

• Type “Troubleshooting” in search bar.

• Select Troubleshooting.

• Click on “Network and Internet”,

• Select “Home Group”.‌ (You might be asked for an admin password or to confirm your choice)

• Click on “Next”, and then follow the instructions on your screen.

As you have mentioned that you are able to share files and folder to other computers as well as Play station 3 provided in a default folder. I would suggest you to be in touch with Play station support.

Refer:
    PlayStation support.

Do let us know if you need further assistance. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Mar 19, 2019
  4. Playstation controller not working

BH-902 and Playstations 3

I've just found the answer. It is possible to get the headset working with the PS3. You have to ensure that it does not find any other bluetooth paired devices when it's turned on.

The procedure is :-

1. Pair the device with your PS3. The headset will lock up once paired. Reset the headset using the charger+power+call button method.

2. Pair the device with your phone. The headset will then show 2 devices in it's paiting list. The phone and "Unknown Device" - the Playstation.

To use with the Playstation, disable Bluetooth on your phone and simply power on the headset. It will show as not connected and sit there scrolling "Searching for latest devices". In fact it will be connected to the Playstation and you can use it perfectly.
    Do not try to manually connect it to the Playstation, this will again crash the headset.

This is very strange operation but seems to work. I hope this is useful for others.

Regards Paul.

Message Edited by herbo on 26-Mar-2008 08:28 AM

herbo---01, Mar 19, 2019
Thema:

Playstation controller not working

1. Playstation controller not working - Similar Threads - Playstation controller working

2. Playstation 3 controllers no longer work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Playstation 3 controllers no longer work: I can't figure out how make my wired controllers work. They used to work fine, but now they ARE detected, and the drivers say they are up to date, yet they do not function anymore. They work fine on my ps3. I have spent hours and hours now searching for a solution to no...
  3. Playstation 3 controllers no longer work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Playstation 3 controllers no longer work: I can't figure out how make my wired controllers work. They used to work fine, but now they ARE detected, and the drivers say they are up to date, yet they do not function anymore. They work fine on my ps3. I have spent hours and hours now searching for a solution to no...
  4. Playstation 3 controllers no longer work

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Playstation and other game controllers support in XInput.dll

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Playstation and other game controllers support in XInput.dll: From years as I remember people tried to use Playstation controllers in games which reads game controller input through XInput.dll module which does not support Playstation controllers. There is some mind-breaking operation with XInput.dll replacement which is loaded instead...
  6. Playstation and other game controllers support in XInput.dll

Playstation and other game controllers support in XInput.dll: From years as I remember people tried to use Playstation controllers in games which reads game controller input through XInput.dll module which does not support Playstation controllers. There is some mind-breaking operation with XInput.dll replacement which is loaded instead...
  7. Playstation 4 Controller Keeps Displays On

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Playstation 4 Controller Keeps Displays On: When a Playstation 4 controller is plugged into my computer, the displays remain on even past the time at which they are meant to turn off automatically 10 minutes. I am able to unplug the controller and have the screens turn off as normal, but at times can forget to do so,...
  8. Playstation 4 Controller Keeps Displays On

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Playstation 4 Controller Keeps Displays On: When a Playstation 4 controller is plugged into my computer, the displays remain on even past the time at which they are meant to turn off automatically 10 minutes. I am able to unplug the controller and have the screens turn off as normal, but at times can forget to do so,...
  9. Playstation 4 Controller Keeps Displays On

10. Playstation 4 controller mic and sound

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Playstation 4 controller mic and sound: Is there any way to plug your headset into the ps4 controller, and have the headset work? thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/playstation-4-controller-mic-and-sound/778f3edc-54ad-4459-b76e-0b665aa026e2