Windows 10: Playstation Executable not detecting 64-bit architecture

Discus and support Playstation Executable not detecting 64-bit architecture in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi, I'm trying to install the PS4 remote play client on my Windows 10 PC. The issue is that the installer is failing, I suspect because when I attempt... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/captjackvane, Nov 25, 2020.

1. Playstation Executable not detecting 64-bit architecture

Hi,
    I'm trying to install the PS4 remote play client on my Windows 10 PC. The issue is that the installer is failing, I suspect because when I attempt to run the RemotePlayInstaller.exe, it is unpacking this file: "RemotePlayInstaller_4.0.0.09240_Win32". I should be running the x64 architecture installer, but cannot get the executable to detect my system settings.

My system specs:
    Dell Latitude 7490
    Processor: Intel Core i7-8650U @ 1.9GHz
    RAM: 16GB
    System Type: 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
    OS: Windows 10 Pro 19041.630, experience pack 120.2212.31.0

I'm not able to find a way to force the playstation site (https://remoteplay.dl.playstation.net/remoteplay/lang/gb/ps4_win.html) to give me the 64-bit installer, so I'm wondering if there's something at my system level that is automatically redirecting the executable to download the 32-bit executable behind the scenes.

Thanks in advance for the help - I've been googling for hours and haven't come across anything useful.

submitted by /u/captjackvane
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/captjackvane, Nov 25, 2020
  2. Ztruker Win User

64-bit architecture not recognized

Did you select the 64 bit version when running Media Creation Tool? Just because it was the 64 bit version does not mean it will automatically download the 64 bit version of Windows 10. You need to choose that and I think the default is 32 bit.

Run it again and look. Make sure you select the right Edition nd Architecture.

Playstation Executable not detecting 64-bit architecture [​IMG]

Ztruker, Nov 25, 2020
  3. 64-bit architecture not recognized

I thought I had made that mistake at first. I went back and re-downloaded the 32-bit tool and made sure that I chose the 64-bit upgrade. The installation completed, but I was left with the 32-bit version again.

tridentone, Nov 25, 2020
  4. pepoluan Win User

Playstation Executable not detecting 64-bit architecture

Windows 10 Upgrade 32-bit to 64-bit

So, Windows 10 Upgrade is being rolled out worldwide, and I have 'reserved' my upgrade.

Currently my computer is running Windows 7 Pro 32-bit. I'm planning to 'upgrade' it to Windows 10 64-bit (via fresh install, of course).

After reading many references, these will be the steps I'll do:

1. Let the "Get Windows 10" app upgrade my OS to Windows 10 32-bit
    2. Note the activation key
    3. Download the Installation Media for Windows 10, but choosing 64-bit instead
    4. Perform a clean install
    5. Reactivate using the activation key in Step #2

(Of course I'll backup my data first.)

However, I still have some questions:

1. On Windows 7, the activation key does not differ between 32- or 64-bit versions. Is it still so with Windows 10?
    2. Will I be able to download a different architecture on Step #3?
    3. Is there anything I need to prepare beforehand?

Thank you for your assistance.

pepoluan, Nov 25, 2020
Thema:

Playstation Executable not detecting 64-bit architecture

1. Playstation Executable not detecting 64-bit architecture - Similar Threads - Playstation Executable detecting

2. Automatic detection of the 32/64 bit character of my executables.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Automatic detection of the 32/64 bit character of my executables.: Some of my C++ code is depending on the 32/64-bit character of my executables. Solving this by #defining "x86" or "x64" will require adjusting the appropriate include file again and again. I tried "x64" without #defining it without any success. Perhaps WIN32/64? I would...
  3. Automatic detection of the 32/64 bit character of my executables.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Automatic detection of the 32/64 bit character of my executables.: Some of my C++ code is depending on the 32/64-bit character of my executables. Solving this by #defining "x86" or "x64" will require adjusting the appropriate include file again and again. I tried "x64" without #defining it without any success. Perhaps WIN32/64? I would...
  4. Why will using any help function in my 64-bits executable kill this executable by an...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why will using any help function in my 64-bits executable kill this executable by an...: In or just before 2020 I detected this problem, described it and asked for help. Even some people recognized it. But no solution was offered and even the future was referenced. Now I have finished developing my project there will remain this ashtonishing difference between...
  5. Using any help function in my 64-bits executable will kill this executable.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Using any help function in my 64-bits executable will kill this executable.: I asked this very same question a few years ago when I detected this fact. Now I have finished developing my project there will remain this ashtonishing difference between the 32 and 64-bits release versions: only the 32-bits executable will show any help from this same...
  6. Using any help function in my 64-bits executable will kill this executable.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Using any help function in my 64-bits executable will kill this executable.: I asked this very same question a few years ago when I detected this fact. Now I have finished developing my project there will remain this ashtonishing difference between the 32 and 64-bits release versions: only the 32-bits executable will show any help from this same...
  7. Lenovo IdeaPad Bit Architecture

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Lenovo IdeaPad Bit Architecture: Hi everyone,I recently ordered a Lenovo IdeaPad Flex 14, which can be found here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/d/lenovo-ideapad-flex-81x1000nus-14-laptop/8t5mdd59gl1g?activetab=pivot:techspecstabI need it to run a program that works best on a 64-bit operating system, and I...
  8. Is thre a way to reveert back to 32 bit architecture from a 64 BIT

in Windows 10 Customization
    Is thre a way to reveert back to 32 bit architecture from a 64 BIT: i AM TRYING TO REVERT BACXK TO SYTEM 32BIT FROM 64 BIT INSTALLATION. i NEED TO DO THIS SO AS TO INSTALL A SCANNEER THAT ONLY WORKS ON THE 32 BIT ARCHTITECTURE....
  9. Unable to activate Windows 10 after upgrade from 32-bit to 64-bit architecture

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Unable to activate Windows 10 after upgrade from 32-bit to 64-bit architecture: Hi all, The problem is that I cannot activate Windows 10 Home 64-bit operating system after a major hardware upgrade (including motherboard and processor) Old PC specs: 32-bit processor (AMD Athlon II) desktop Windows 7 preinstalled, subsequently upgraded to Windows 10...
  10. 64-bit architecture not recognized

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    64-bit architecture not recognized: Hello, I recently upgraded my Windows 8.1 64-bit laptop to Windows 10 via a clean install. Windows 10 installed the 32-bit version, even though I downloaded the 64-bit version of the upgrade tool. I attempted to upgrade to the 64-bit version using the Windows Media...