Windows 10: Please add the ability to unlock a locked Microsoft account with an alternative email address

Discus and support Please add the ability to unlock a locked Microsoft account with an alternative email address in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have a Microsoft account that has been locked because I was trying to send an email! When I try to use my phone number to get a security code, I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by SSJ9BKDylan, Dec 23, 2019.

1. Please add the ability to unlock a locked Microsoft account with an alternative email address

I have a Microsoft account that has been locked because I was trying to send an email! When I try to use my phone number to get a security code, I continue to get “Usage limit exceeded. Try again tomorrow.” I want to use an alternate email address to request a code! Please add the ability to unlock a locked Microsoft account using an alternate email address ASAP!

:)

SSJ9BKDylan, Dec 23, 2019
  2. newtekie1 Win User

Unauthorized Emails from my account?

It is more than likely that your email account was hacked, either by a virus sniffing your password, or just simply hacked.

Either way, change your password on your email account. Unfortunately the damage by already be done. They already have your contact list and your email address associated with that contact list. There is nothing stopping them from sending out emails using their own SMTP servers to everyone on your contact list and claiming the emails are from your email address. They don't actually have to have access to your yahoo account or even any yahoo server to send emails to people that come from your address.

newtekie1, Dec 23, 2019
  3. Groggubus Win User
    Changed Microsoft Email Account Address, now locked out of xbox live.

Hi, i have a windows 10 account problem thats stopping me signing into xbox live.

i changed my windows 10 sign in email address on the microsoft account page, i wanted all my accounts to use gmail.

1st, i added my gmail account. Then i made my gmail account my default account email address

That created issues on onedrive, and i didnt want that headache, so i changed my sign in email address back to outlook and removed my gmail account from the accounts page. Now, when i go to settings - accounts, it still displays my gmail address, which is - im sure - why i cant login to xbox live on my pc. The following pic should read (username)@outlook.com, not (username)@gmail.com

Please add the ability to unlock a locked Microsoft account with an alternative email address [​IMG]

Any ideas?

EDIT

when i try and create a local account, i get this issue...

Please add the ability to unlock a locked Microsoft account with an alternative email address [​IMG]

Groggubus, Dec 23, 2019
  4. Please add the ability to unlock a locked Microsoft account with an alternative email address

Changing my Windows 10 email address

Here's how:

• Go to Settings > Accounts
    • Click "Sign in with a local account instead" and complete the steps
    • Go back to Settings and click "Sign in With a Microsoft Account" and use your new email address instead.
    --

Or if you have purchases on that account that you want to keep (games, movies, whatever), an alternative is to simply go to https://account.microsoft.com/profile and choose "manage how you sign-in to Microsoft". There you can simply add your new email address
    as an alternative username (and you can login to Microsoft using any in that list, they're all the "same account" at that point).

Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], Dec 23, 2019
Thema:

Please add the ability to unlock a locked Microsoft account with an alternative email address

1. Please add the ability to unlock a locked Microsoft account with an alternative email address - Similar Threads - Please add ability

2. Activated Office on my alternate Microsoft email address.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Activated Office on my alternate Microsoft email address.: I purchased an online copy of Office from Costco to be installed on my primary Microsoft email address. When I clicked to activate the software, my alternate address was preloaded and I didn't realize it. I need it changed over to my other email address. How can I do this?...
  3. Activated Office on my alternate Microsoft email address.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Activated Office on my alternate Microsoft email address.: I purchased an online copy of Office from Costco to be installed on my primary Microsoft email address. When I clicked to activate the software, my alternate address was preloaded and I didn't realize it. I need it changed over to my other email address. How can I do this?...
  4. Unknown Alternate email Address

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unknown Alternate email Address: Hi,- I recently purchased a new Lenovo Thinkbook laptop- I updated Windows 10 which prompted me to reset the laptop.- Upon resetting I was taken to a screen requesting my Bit Locker recovery key, which I do not know- I logged into my Microsoft Account on another computer and...
  5. Microsoft account email address

Microsoft account email address: Hi,The microsoft account email address that my pc uses for windows 10, has an incorrect email address, and I cannot remember the password to this account.The problem is, I am trying to change this account the correct one. So I have added the correct email address as an...
  6. Where is the option to add the "Alternate (2nd) Recovery Email Address" on this screen? I...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Where is the option to add the "Alternate (2nd) Recovery Email Address" on this screen? I...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/AnyLab404 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/m7gxz8/where_is_the_option_to_add_the_alternate_2nd/
  7. Mistakenly requested alternate email address for Microsoft account

Mistakenly requested alternate email address for Microsoft account: I was researching two function authentication for my Microsoft account and mistakenly requested an alternate email address, and now my account is frozen for 30 days. When I request this change to be stopped I am asked to verify my request using a code sent to my phone....
  8. Microsoft locked *** Email address is removed for privacy *** account. To unlock it they...

Microsoft locked *** Email address is removed for privacy *** account. To unlock it they...: I was trying to log into OneDrive. I suspect Microsoft found an old OneDrive account that I had forgotten about. MSFT has locked the *** Email address is removed for privacy *** account. To unlock it they want to text me a secret code. I don't have a phone. E-mail is not an...
  9. Forgot the Alternate Email Address

Forgot the Alternate Email Address: Hi, I have an alternate email address from 5+ years ago in my account for when Microsoft needed to send me security codes for it to confirm my identity. My problem is that I forgot my alternate email address and when I tried to changed it, Microsoft tells me that now I need...
  10. Cannot Add Email Address as Microsoft Account Alias

Cannot Add Email Address as Microsoft Account Alias: I have been trying to add an email alias to my Microsoft account. Every time I try, I get an error message that says: "There's a temporary problem with the service. Please try again. If you continue to get this message, try again later." The screen capture is below. This is...