Windows 10: Please allow users to make the "SHOW DESKTOP" button bigger.

Discus and support Please allow users to make the "SHOW DESKTOP" button bigger. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; this is TOTALLY ridiculous. the show desktop button is TINY. i've used it since windows 98 and prefer to have it centered on my taskbar somewhere. your... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MadanFlanders, Sep 6, 2018.

1. Please allow users to make the "SHOW DESKTOP" button bigger.

this is TOTALLY ridiculous. the show desktop button is TINY. i've used it since windows 98 and prefer to have it centered on my taskbar somewhere. your alternative of pressing the 'windows' key + w or whatever it was, is stupid too. i play games. the win key is in a horrible spot for that, you're in the middle of a game and u accidently press your win key and you're thrown out to your desktop. i simply remove them from my keyboard. please bring the option to have a BIG SHOW DESKTOP BUTTON back. if you dont....well..."i guess i could burn down the building" =p

-MaD

:)

MadanFlanders, Sep 6, 2018
  2. daroga Win User

Make the desktop peak button by notifications a little bigger?

Hi all!

If there a way to make the button to peak at the desktop (to the right of the notification area) bigger? It seems like it's about 1/2 the size (or less?) than it was in Windows 7. Is there a way to make that bigger again? I've currently got a "Show Desktop" button on the taskbar, but I'd rather just use the one by the notification area.

Thanks!

daroga, Sep 6, 2018
  3. MartyMCP Win User
    'Show desktop' button too small

I know the question has been asked before about making the 'show desktop' button bigger on Windows 10 and I know it can't be made bigger. It's like that "by design".

My question is what design is that? It's a hideous design. I run dual monitors at home and the taskbar is on my left monitor, meaning the button is near impossible to hit. Why is it that so many features that were perfect in Windows 7 were taken out or changed
    in Windows 10?

Can you please implement some way to change it in some way. I know about the keyboard shortcut to show the desktop but I'd simply rather use the button.

MartyMCP, Sep 6, 2018
  4. Please allow users to make the "SHOW DESKTOP" button bigger.

Allow users to rename desktops

Just a suggestion to people who may be able to do something: In the new windows 10 update, Microsoft allowed you to have multiple desktops for doing different things at once, while staying organized. One nice touch to add would be to allow users to rename
    their desktops (one for GAMES, one for WORK, etc.) it's not a lifesaver but it would be useful for people who are not familiar with your layout or to keep even yourself a little more organized.

the tek guy, Sep 6, 2018
Thema:

Please allow users to make the "SHOW DESKTOP" button bigger.

1. Please allow users to make the "SHOW DESKTOP" button bigger. - Similar Threads - Please allow users

2. Is it safe to make SSD partitions bigger, than allowed by windows disk management?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Is it safe to make SSD partitions bigger, than allowed by windows disk management?: I was trying to install Linux along with Windows 10. On my C: drive I have 275 GB of free space, from 60 GB of which I wanted to make a partition for Linux. Windows Disk Management only allows me to make 10 GB partition from my C: drive.I know, that I could bypass that, by...
  3. Is it safe to make SSD partitions bigger, than allowed by windows disk management?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it safe to make SSD partitions bigger, than allowed by windows disk management?: I was trying to install Linux along with Windows 10. On my C: drive I have 275 GB of free space, from 60 GB of which I wanted to make a partition for Linux. Windows Disk Management only allows me to make 10 GB partition from my C: drive.I know, that I could bypass that, by...
  4. Is it safe to make SSD partitions bigger, than allowed by windows disk management?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Show Desktop button shows both my desktops

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Show Desktop button shows both my desktops: [ATTACH] So I have a dual monitor setup and when I click on button to show my desktop both my monitors start showing the desktop making it very awkward. I wanted to be able to see the desktop on just the monitor I clicked on the button and keep the other one open with the...
  6. "Make text bigger" did not make the text of the names of files on my desktop bigger. I...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    "Make text bigger" did not make the text of the names of files on my desktop bigger. I...: [ATTACH] I use a surface book 2 connected to a TV Question in OP Also, I'm trying to make my firefox / chrome/browsers bookmark text larger. What might you try for that? I know the windows 10 settings does affect this but for some reason "Make text bigger" doesn't...
  7. make explorer menu bigger

in Windows 10 Support
    make explorer menu bigger: Hi I set the display scale size to 150% and I increased the text size to 125% so text is clear in all the applications but in explorer the top menu: File, Home, etc... is so small , the file names are cut off ! how I can fix that ? [img] 151869
  8. How do I make my back button bigger?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I make my back button bigger?: When I open a folder the back button is super super small. How can I make it as big as internet explorer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-make-my-back-button-bigger/c68c9e6b-f907-4ee3-9894-c193935ab986
  9. Make taskbar icons bigger?

in Windows 10 Support
    Make taskbar icons bigger?: Hello. I find the new taskbar icons in Win 10 to be annoyingly small. Is there a way to make them appear bigger? Thanks in advance. =) 10367
  10. Make the desktop peak button by notifications a little bigger?

in Windows 10 Support
    Make the desktop peak button by notifications a little bigger?: Hi all! If there a way to make the button to peak at the desktop (to the right of the notification area) bigger? It seems like it's about 1/2 the size (or less?) than it was in Windows 7. Is there a way to make that bigger again? I've currently got a "Show Desktop" button...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 make show desktop button bigger

2. increase size of show desktop button

3. make desktop button on taskbar bigger

4. windows 10 make the show desktop button bigger