Windows 10: Please allow UWP apps to disable task bar and title bar popups when in windows fullscreen.

Discus and support Please allow UWP apps to disable task bar and title bar popups when in windows fullscreen. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, This probably requires a combination solution from both Windows and the WinRT team. I posted elsewhere, but it was closed ...... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Gavin.Williams, Sep 29, 2019.

1. Please allow UWP apps to disable task bar and title bar popups when in windows fullscreen.

Hi,

This probably requires a combination solution from both Windows and the WinRT team. I posted elsewhere, but it was closed ...
    https://developercommunity.visualst...apps-to-lock-task-bar-and-title-bar-popu.html

The issue with app & desktop popups is that it shouldn't happen when an app/game is in windowed fullscreen mode because it interferes with edge detection, which is a commonly used technique in games - for example: Starcraft uses the screen edge to scroll the camera - and is also a common incidental occurrence, unrelated to intention.

UWP applications as they currently behave could never have a game like Starcraft. That's a huge problem for the platform. And beyond games that use edge detection, having the task bar or title bar popup in games is generally unacceptable. I've seen Minecraft and Astroneer both suffering popups that are not requested. You're making an assumption that just because the mouse is at the top or bottom of the screen, that we want the bars to popup. That is not the case, it often just happens that that's where the mouse ends up as we move it around. Alt-Tab is already available for switching to desktop if I need it. And games are always closable in software.

Another issue comes from this bad behavior. When the title bar and task bar popup they initiate a HDR <-> SDR switch causing flickering or even the entire video and audio feed dropping out as the color mode switches.

:)

Gavin.Williams, Sep 29, 2019
  2. NaySayer Win User

Fullscreen arrow missing in title bar of Modern apps

So I just noticed that the little diagonal double-arrow at the right of the title bar that you use to run modern/universal apps fullscreen is suddenly missing. The arrow was there when I installed Windows 10 and was still there (afaik) up until a few days ago. Now I just have minimize/restore/close. Does anyone else have this problem?

- CMW

NaySayer, Sep 29, 2019
  3. Remote Desktop UWP App: How can I stop the title bar from popping up?

I'm trying to use the Remote Desktop UWP app right now to connect to remote servers. But I keep running into the following problem:

I'll try to close a window within the remote session, but as I click in the top right corner of the remote session, the RDP app's title bar pops up and I end up closing the entire remote session. This is incredibly annoying and makes the RDP UWP app basically
    unusable.

Is there a way to stop the titlebar from unexpectedly popping up when I'm using the RDP app in fullscreen?

Armin Silvane, Sep 29, 2019
  4. parisj Win User

Please allow UWP apps to disable task bar and title bar popups when in windows fullscreen.

[Feature Request] show stats in title bar

This feature was recently added to v0.5.9 which is great.
    However, in order for it to work I have to be able to minimise GPU-Z to the task bar which I cannot do
    (unless there is a trick to that?)

Currently minimising GPU-Z puts the app in the system tray where the title (caption) bar is not visible thus the sensor monitoring is not possible.

The original idea was to be able to monitor a specific sensor conveniently 'at-a-glance' with the GPU-Z UI minimised to the task bar so it wasn't taking up space on the screen. Sometimes I need to constantly monitor one sensor discretely (like mem usage or temp) and don't want the whole UI permanently on screen blocking the view of my other apps.

I don't know if there was ever a normal 'minimise' option before the minimise to sys tray existed, but it would be nice if there was. A standard 'minimize to task bar' option would enable the caption bar to be used for more discrete monitoring as described above.

parisj, Sep 29, 2019
Thema:

Please allow UWP apps to disable task bar and title bar popups when in windows fullscreen.

1. Please allow UWP apps to disable task bar and title bar popups when in windows fullscreen. - Similar Threads - Please allow UWP

2. Task bar disappears when a fullscreen app runs in the background

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task bar disappears when a fullscreen app runs in the background: Hi,Please read my issue carefully to avoid confusion with the other more common one.When I have a video game running in full screen in the background, the taskbar should be showing since it's in the background and the current window is something else like Google...
  3. Task bar disappears when a fullscreen app runs in the background

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task bar disappears when a fullscreen app runs in the background: Hi,Please read my issue carefully to avoid confusion with the other more common one.When I have a video game running in full screen in the background, the taskbar should be showing since it's in the background and the current window is something else like Google...
  4. Task bar disappears when a fullscreen app runs in the background

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Remote Desktop UWP Autohide Title Bar

Remote Desktop UWP Autohide Title Bar: How do I get the Title Bar to only appear when I hover the mouse over this? Instead of appearing when the cursor touches the top of the screen? [ATTACH] I saw it briefly on another computer, it had a light blue bar over the black, similar to this; [ATTACH]...
  6. Task bar icon popup.

Task bar icon popup.: Hey! I want my task bar icons to popup when my cursor is on the icon. I saw it on my friends computer. I want it on my computer. I can't get help from anywhere. I am currently using windows 10....
  7. Title bar and task bar color

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Title bar and task bar color: [ATTACH] why is the title bar and the task bar not the exactly same color when set? the top bar always appears a little brighter than the start and action center it's the same with transparency effect, the button is always a little darker is it supposed to be this way?...
  8. Allow UWP apps to disable task bar and title bar popups when in full-screen mode.

Allow UWP apps to disable task bar and title bar popups when in full-screen mode.: Hi, This probably requires a combination solution from both Windows and the WinRT team. I posted elsewhere, but it was closed ... https://developercommunity.visualstudio.com/idea/676759/allow-uwp-apps-to-lock-task-bar-and-title-bar-popu.html The issue with app & desktop...
  9. Windows 10 re-sizing task bar and title bar

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 re-sizing task bar and title bar: Hi. I am new to this site. First question: Today for some unknown reason my display sizing went crazy. I managed to re-size the general font but the task bar and the title bar remain extremely small. How do I fix this? 140621
  10. Fullscreen arrow missing in title bar of Modern apps

in Windows 10 Support
    Fullscreen arrow missing in title bar of Modern apps: So I just noticed that the little diagonal double-arrow at the right of the title bar that you use to run modern/universal apps fullscreen is suddenly missing. The arrow was there when I installed Windows 10 and was still there (afaik) up until a few days ago. Now I just have...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. UWP annoying controls at top of window