Windows 10: Please bring back Manual email setups - Thunderbird , Outlook etc !!!!

Discus and support Please bring back Manual email setups - Thunderbird , Outlook etc !!!! in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hi there The rediculous idea of "automating" email account set ups is Bonkers -- in Thunderbird the only way to get back to any sort of manual setup... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by jimbo45, Aug 8, 2019.

1. jimbo45 Win User

Please bring back Manual email setups - Thunderbird , Outlook etc !!!!

Hi there

The rediculous idea of "automating" email account set ups is Bonkers -- in Thunderbird the only way to get back to any sort of manual setup (remember you could have separate inbound and outbound mail servers with different user id's (logon id's) and passwords) is to "poodlefake" the setup with a bonkers non email address such as L: [email protected] and then you will gert access to the manual screens.

Outlook 2016/2019 also makes manual setup rediculously hard to do unless you know about the run outlook.exe command with the profiles parameter.

Why not on the setup screens simply have Manual setup as an option.

Anyway for those using Thunderbird with non standard email accounts e.g not those common ones such as gmail.com or whatever can still get back to proper manual screens as follows.

1) On account creation select use existing email address
    2) enter a B/S one e.g L: [email protected] and leave password blank
    3) then hit next
    4) EUREKA -- Manual setup screens !!!!!!!

Please bring back Manual email setups - Thunderbird , Outlook etc !!!! [​IMG]

Cheers

jimbo

:)

jimbo45, Aug 8, 2019
  2. Jason Win User

Moving email from Thunderbird to Outlook

IS there a quick and easy way to move 3 years worth of emails from Thunderbird to Outlook 2016?

The email is setup as POP3.

So far my only idea has been to create or some how setup the same account as IMAP let the emails sync back up and then let them sync back down in Outlook.

Sounds painful but I am trying to avoid spending money on an application that may or may not work.

Jason, Aug 8, 2019
  3. qubit Win User
    How to install outlook express on windows xp with explorer 8?

This is an awkward problem to solve and one I don't think is worth the time and effort.

The OP would be better off either using a modern webmail service like gmail or outlook.com or using a modern email client like Windows Live Mail like FX-GMC suggested or Thunderbird from Mozilla. If nothing else, Outlook Distress was notorious for corrupting its data files and losing all your email in one easy step. Not worth it.

qubit, Aug 8, 2019
  4. Please bring back Manual email setups - Thunderbird , Outlook etc !!!!

Group Email In Outlook 2016? Need Help!

The screen shot looks like that's where she would CREATE a new group. What is on the "Send/Receive" tab?

Check this site out...

How to Create Custom Groups in Outlook 2016

After step 7, it tells you how to send to a group.

nolafotoknut, Aug 8, 2019
Thema:

Please bring back Manual email setups - Thunderbird , Outlook etc !!!!

1. Please bring back Manual email setups - Thunderbird , Outlook etc !!!! - Similar Threads - Please bring Manual

2. Please bring back the Windows Mobile

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Please bring back the Windows Mobile: I am waiting for Windows 11 mobile https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/please-bring-back-the-windows-mobile/efaf7a36-2789-44f3-88c8-dae1e50f91a6
  3. Please Bring Back This Slideshow Option

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Please Bring Back This Slideshow Option: I just recently got a Windows 11 laptop, and I'm really irritated that the option for slideshows was removed. To specify, I'm talking about the one where you can open up a picture folder, and up on the toolbar I think that's the right term there was an option to start a...
  4. Please Bring Back This Slideshow Option

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Please Bring Back This Slideshow Option: I just recently got a Windows 11 laptop, and I'm really irritated that the option for slideshows was removed. To specify, I'm talking about the one where you can open up a picture folder, and up on the toolbar I think that's the right term there was an option to start a...
  5. Thunderbird as a replacement to Outlook

in Browsers and Email
    Thunderbird as a replacement to Outlook: Hello All, I have Office 2010 on our home PC. Yes, I know it is ancient but it works for my wife and I. I may upgrade to Office 2019 so I can get the latest Excel, Word and Powerpoint but I may use Thunderbird in place of Outlook. I am testing Thunderbird right now with a...
  6. Thunderbird as a replacement to Outlook

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Thunderbird as a replacement to Outlook: Hello All, I have Office 2010 on our home PC. Yes, I know it is ancient but it works for my wife and I. I may upgrade to Office 2019 so I can get the latest Excel, Word and Powerpoint but I may use Thunderbird in place of Outlook. I am testing Thunderbird right now with a...
  7. Please bring back Aero Glass!

in Windows 10 Customization
    Please bring back Aero Glass!: Lots of people are complaining, it's not just me, but please bring back full transparency, it looked so awesome in Windows 7! It is literally the sole reason why Windows 7 is my best operating system, and not only that, just go search up "aero glass Windows 10", look at how...
  8. Thunderbird (now Blunderbird) Manual setup impossible

in Browsers and Email
    Thunderbird (now Blunderbird) Manual setup impossible: Hi there can anyone describe almost in words of 1 syllable how one can set up manual connection for the latest version of Thunderbird (now it's more deserving of the name Blunderbird). Actually DO it first - don't just send a screen shot of the menu -- IT DOESN'T WORK !!!...
  9. MOZ Backup (for backing up Thunderbird eMails) ?

in Browsers and Email
    MOZ Backup (for backing up Thunderbird eMails) ?: Hello, Tried backing up my Thunderbird eMails using MOZ Backup. Always worked just fine on my old pc running W7. Now, with W10 on new pc, I get a warning from my BitDefender Anti Virus program that there "might" be ransomware, as MOZ Baxkup is trying to modify some...
  10. Outlook 2016 Manual Email Account Setup, Office 365 option? & Crashes

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook 2016 Manual Email Account Setup, Office 365 option? & Crashes: Hello Everyone, I am setting up my email accounts in Outlook 2016. I always do a manual setup and on my outlook.com email accounts, I use Exchange ActiveSync. [img] My questions are this. What is this new option of selecting Office 365 and when would I...