Windows 10: please bring back the manilla folder icon

Discus and support please bring back the manilla folder icon in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I've been using windows for 25 years. Until recently, file explorer windows were always represented on the taskbar as simple 'manilla folder' icon.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by LucasChadwick, Oct 6, 2020.

1. please bring back the manilla folder icon

I've been using windows for 25 years. Until recently, file explorer windows were always represented on the taskbar as simple 'manilla folder' icon. Over the last few years these icons have grown more and more dynamic, and less and less recognizable. I have spent many hours searching for a solution to 'force' file explorer taskbar icons to always appear as the familiar manilla folders, and have read countless threads initiated by other people who find these 'dynamic taskbar icons' highly annoying, going back a few years at least. It still isn't clear that anyone at Microsoft understands how simple this problem is: we recognize the manilla folder icon, and we do NOT recognize the desktop/document/downloads/etc. icons. This consumes a few seconds multiple times every single day, but most importantly causes a break in concentration. What was automatic click manilla folder, see files is no more. I was hoping someone at Microsoft or anyone else will come up with a 'simple' way to force manilla folder taskbar icons for all file explorer windows - or at least articulate WHY anyone wants or needs different taskbar folder icons depending on what folder we're looking at. Thanks

:)

LucasChadwick, Oct 6, 2020

2. How to make a Uber Hidden Folder

• Make a new folder.
    • Change the icon to a blank icon. No icon should appear
    • Rename the folder to a blank by pressing "alt + 255." (NOTE: Press 255 on the numpad) No text should appear.
    • Your done! It is uber hidden. *Big Grin please bring back the manilla folder icon :D

PVTCaboose1337, Oct 6, 2020
  3. wolf2009 Win User
    How to make vista display same icon size for all opened folders in explorer ?

i dont think this answers the question , how do i make all icons in all folders appear "Large Icons" .

thx tho .

wolf2009, Oct 6, 2020
  4. psbecker Win User

please bring back the manilla folder icon

Change Folder Icon in Windows 10

I just acquired a new laptop running Windows 10 and am trying to change the icons of the folders in the StartUp "Program" folder so that they would stand out a little better. I used my admin account and followed all the steps listed above, but when I clicked on "Apply", nothing happened. The same basic windows folder icon remained attached to the folder. I also tried to go into Properties and capitalize some of the folder names, but that didn't work either. Looks like something is protecting them, but I cannot figure out what it is much less how to get around this blockage, Any suggestions?

psbecker, Oct 6, 2020
Thema:

please bring back the manilla folder icon

1. please bring back the manilla folder icon - Similar Threads - please bring manilla

2. Please bring back the Windows Mobile

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Please bring back the Windows Mobile: I am waiting for Windows 11 mobile https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/please-bring-back-the-windows-mobile/efaf7a36-2789-44f3-88c8-dae1e50f91a6
  3. Please bring back the Windows Mobile

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Please bring back the Windows Mobile: I am waiting for Windows 11 mobile https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/please-bring-back-the-windows-mobile/efaf7a36-2789-44f3-88c8-dae1e50f91a6
  4. Please bring back the ability to freely arrange icons within folders "DISABLE AUTO ARRANGE"!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Please bring back the ability to freely arrange icons within folders "DISABLE AUTO ARRANGE"!: I just want to "disable" confounding Auto Arrange files within folders in Windows 10. I can't understand that when you leave file/folder icons in the position and order that you want and then Windows decides to mix them up. I'm continually wasting time trying to find lost...
  5. Please Bring Back This Slideshow Option

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Please Bring Back This Slideshow Option: I just recently got a Windows 11 laptop, and I'm really irritated that the option for slideshows was removed. To specify, I'm talking about the one where you can open up a picture folder, and up on the toolbar I think that's the right term there was an option to start a...
  6. Please Bring Back This Slideshow Option

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Please Bring Back This Slideshow Option: I just recently got a Windows 11 laptop, and I'm really irritated that the option for slideshows was removed. To specify, I'm talking about the one where you can open up a picture folder, and up on the toolbar I think that's the right term there was an option to start a...
  7. Please bring back Aero Glass!

in Windows 10 Customization
    Please bring back Aero Glass!: Lots of people are complaining, it's not just me, but please bring back full transparency, it looked so awesome in Windows 7! It is literally the sole reason why Windows 7 is my best operating system, and not only that, just go search up "aero glass Windows 10", look at how...
  8. Please Bring IE Back Into the Office LineUp

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Please Bring IE Back Into the Office LineUp: I can only think MS's decision to remove VBA scripted browsers like Internet Explorer from Office was done out of ignorance and that these young Office programmers have no idea what power they are taking away from internet automation. Please bring IE back, or at least...
  9. Please bring back Windows Vista or 7

in Windows 10 Customization
    Please bring back Windows Vista or 7: Hello. Windows Vista was best and most beautiful OS made ever by Microsoft. Vista has ended support in April 2017. Succesor of Vista, Windows 7, was worse, because it was removed avaibility to select visual style and is removed very good programs like Windows Calendar, Photo...
  10. Ms please bring back W8 search !!!

in Windows 10 Support
    Ms please bring back W8 search !!!: Hi there I have to agree with other posters who say the current W10 search is an absolute DOG - also the fact that I can hardly read the start menu (text size for me too small and I've found no way so far of being able to increase the size of the start menu itself - other...