Windows 10: Please bring back Windows Vista or 7

Discus and support Please bring back Windows Vista or 7 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello. Windows Vista was best and most beautiful OS made ever by Microsoft. Vista has ended support in April 2017. Succesor of Vista, Windows 7, was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ZdzisławPiątek, Jul 27, 2018.

1. Please bring back Windows Vista or 7

Hello. Windows Vista was best and most beautiful OS made ever by Microsoft. Vista has ended support in April 2017. Succesor of Vista, Windows 7, was worse, because it was removed avaibility to select visual style and is removed very good programs like Windows Calendar, Photo Galerry and Windows Mail. Also the menu start in Windows 7 has only one Shutdown button instant of two buttons, which was great. Sidebar, which was beautiful, was removed. Control panel and Windows Explorer was better in Vista then on Windows 7, because it was beautiful. Windows 7 have a Show desktop button on taskbar and was removed Classic start menu, which we liked. Windows 8 was bad revolution. The reasons is known:

- Introduced modern apps to PC,

- Moving all classic components, interface and programs to UWP

- Removed classic theme.

Windows 10 has a Windows Update that doesn't ask user, if he want to update system or not, which is a big con for users. UWP apps is buggy, also is sandboxed and isn't have full functionality like Win32 apps, which has less system resource usage and opened to us. Also, I can't run Immersive Settings, when Windows Shell is closed, because running System.Settings.exe has no effect. Seting Settings is harder in UWP Settings than Control Panel, which is available to run easy, and because it is a classic component. Windows 10 is moving away from Win32 apps, closing us to UWP apps. It is a making computer as a mobile phone, which we don't want! Modern menu start have a advertisments and is dirty because it have a tiles. The Windows 7 start menu is clean and it in we can find it, what we want. Personalizing Windows 10 is worst, because it has a lot of bugs. If I set custom style, buttons on a title bar isn't have the same size, when the window is maximized. Also the accent color is visible on the place, where is onecolor rectangle and it is ugly. Also corners of window isn't transparent, which it mades window looks ugly. Ribbon in File Explorer consumes much space, but explorer known from Windows 7 was very good and is clean. Windows 8 was removed Aero glass, which isn't ugly. User have right to personalize his computer, as he want to make it look beautiful. So Microsoft, please bring back Windows Vista, or Windows 7 with programs from vista, improvement and drop UWP apps on Windows for PC!

:)

ZdzisławPiątek, Jul 27, 2018
  2. KainXS Win User

Windows 7 vs XP vs Vista

I think windows 7 is what vista SHOULD have been, still waiting for windows 7

it seems that alot of the suggestions people gave in longhorn were implemented in windows 7 instead of vista, wth

KainXS, Jul 27, 2018
  3. Sonido Win User
    Windows 7 vs XP vs Vista

After Vista Beta 2, they went full on Windows 7.

The reason it's a lot more stable than Vista was at this stage in development is because Windows Vista was made from scratch. Windows 7 is built off of Windows Vista. Windows 7 is what Vista was supposed to be, but it was rushed out for the interm release.

Sonido, Jul 27, 2018
  4. Please bring back Windows Vista or 7

Windows 7 vs XP vs Vista

you can thank ballmer for that, vista was rushed out to make a quick buck, ballmer didnt listen to the dev's and testers who where saying "this isnt ready yet", just yet more proof that hes a money guy not a geek.......money guys never listen to geeks, and it ends up costing them money!!!!

Rebo&Zooty, Jul 27, 2018
Thema:

Please bring back Windows Vista or 7

1. Please bring back Windows Vista or 7 - Similar Threads - Please bring Vista

2. Please bring back the Windows Mobile

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Please bring back the Windows Mobile: I am waiting for Windows 11 mobile https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/please-bring-back-the-windows-mobile/efaf7a36-2789-44f3-88c8-dae1e50f91a6
  3. Please bring back the Windows Mobile

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Please bring back the Windows Mobile: I am waiting for Windows 11 mobile https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/please-bring-back-the-windows-mobile/efaf7a36-2789-44f3-88c8-dae1e50f91a6
  4. Please Bring Back This Slideshow Option

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Please Bring Back This Slideshow Option: I just recently got a Windows 11 laptop, and I'm really irritated that the option for slideshows was removed. To specify, I'm talking about the one where you can open up a picture folder, and up on the toolbar I think that's the right term there was an option to start a...
  5. Please Bring Back This Slideshow Option

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Please Bring Back This Slideshow Option: I just recently got a Windows 11 laptop, and I'm really irritated that the option for slideshows was removed. To specify, I'm talking about the one where you can open up a picture folder, and up on the toolbar I think that's the right term there was an option to start a...
  6. Please bring back Aero Glass!

in Windows 10 Customization
    Please bring back Aero Glass!: Lots of people are complaining, it's not just me, but please bring back full transparency, it looked so awesome in Windows 7! It is literally the sole reason why Windows 7 is my best operating system, and not only that, just go search up "aero glass Windows 10", look at how...
  7. Bring back Windows 7

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bring back Windows 7: Microsoft, we are tired with Windows 10. I don't like UWP. Please bring back Windows 7. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bring-back-windows-7/15491d4d-a7bc-4bc4-8b8e-2732a77aaf42
  8. Bringing Vista gadgets to 10?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Bringing Vista gadgets to 10?: I was wondering if it's possible to bring the gadgets from Vista to 10? I know why they were discontinued but that was for custom gadgets people made and not Microsofts. I found this site here: 8GadgetPack - Gadgets for Windows 10 / 8.1 / 8 but I wanted to know if any of...
  9. Ms PLEASE bring back ISO's again

in Windows 10 Support
    Ms PLEASE bring back ISO's again: Hi there This "update in place" mechanism is a PAIN if it fails during the process -- this means you actually have to restore the previous image of your OS (if you have one), remedy the error and start again. Mine failed because I was nearly out of HDD space for the OS...
  10. Ms please bring back W8 search !!!

in Windows 10 Support
    Ms please bring back W8 search !!!: Hi there I have to agree with other posters who say the current W10 search is an absolute DOG - also the fact that I can hardly read the start menu (text size for me too small and I've found no way so far of being able to increase the size of the start menu itself - other...