Windows 10: Please Bring IE Back Into the Office LineUp

Discus and support Please Bring IE Back Into the Office LineUp in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I can only think MS's decision to remove VBA scripted browsers like Internet Explorer from Office was done out of ignorance and that these young Office... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JOHN A RICHTER, Sep 18, 2018.

1. Please Bring IE Back Into the Office LineUp

I can only think MS's decision to remove VBA scripted browsers like Internet Explorer from Office was done out of ignorance and that these young Office programmers have no idea what power they are taking away from internet automation. Please bring IE back, or at least re-make this eunuch called "Edge" VBA compatible.

As a federal govt. employee with very extremely tight security controls I am limited to software packages considered "safe" for us. Office products have been a godsend to me. I've been able to reduce tasks to a mere fraction of time using internet automation with VBA and Excel scripting. Almost all of our work apps are internet based, and so the need for Office automation is critical to me.

We recently moved to Windows 10 and I discovered you have decided to scrap Internet Explorer, replacing it with "Edge" which is not VBA compatible.

IE 11 was packed into our new computers during this most recent change so for now I am able to continue running my VBA scripts. But what about 2 years from now when it's time for us to get the next upgrade? I fear Internet Explorer won't be available then. And because of our security needs I won't be able to use other software packages to automate these tasks.

Please bring IE back or make Edge vba scripting possible.

Moved from Excel / Windows 10 / Office 2016

:)

JOHN A RICHTER, Sep 18, 2018
  2. Brink Win User

Bringing Office to everyone

Source...

Brink, Sep 18, 2018
  3. Kari Win User
  4. cadaveca Win User

Please Bring IE Back Into the Office LineUp

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue Please Bring IE Back Into the Office LineUp :p

cadaveca, Sep 18, 2018
Thema:

Please Bring IE Back Into the Office LineUp

1. Please Bring IE Back Into the Office LineUp - Similar Threads - Please Bring Office

2. Please bring back the Windows Mobile

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Please bring back the Windows Mobile: I am waiting for Windows 11 mobile https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/please-bring-back-the-windows-mobile/efaf7a36-2789-44f3-88c8-dae1e50f91a6
  3. Please bring back the Windows Mobile

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Please bring back the Windows Mobile: I am waiting for Windows 11 mobile https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/please-bring-back-the-windows-mobile/efaf7a36-2789-44f3-88c8-dae1e50f91a6
  4. Please Bring Back This Slideshow Option

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Please Bring Back This Slideshow Option: I just recently got a Windows 11 laptop, and I'm really irritated that the option for slideshows was removed. To specify, I'm talking about the one where you can open up a picture folder, and up on the toolbar I think that's the right term there was an option to start a...
  5. Please Bring Back This Slideshow Option

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Please Bring Back This Slideshow Option: I just recently got a Windows 11 laptop, and I'm really irritated that the option for slideshows was removed. To specify, I'm talking about the one where you can open up a picture folder, and up on the toolbar I think that's the right term there was an option to start a...
  6. Please bring back Aero Glass!

in Windows 10 Customization
    Please bring back Aero Glass!: Lots of people are complaining, it's not just me, but please bring back full transparency, it looked so awesome in Windows 7! It is literally the sole reason why Windows 7 is my best operating system, and not only that, just go search up "aero glass Windows 10", look at how...
  7. please bring back the manilla folder icon

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    please bring back the manilla folder icon: I've been using windows for 25 years. Until recently, file explorer windows were always represented on the taskbar as simple 'manilla folder' icon. Over the last few years these icons have grown more and more dynamic, and less and less recognizable. I have spent many hours...
  8. Please bring back Windows Vista or 7

in Windows 10 Customization
    Please bring back Windows Vista or 7: Hello. Windows Vista was best and most beautiful OS made ever by Microsoft. Vista has ended support in April 2017. Succesor of Vista, Windows 7, was worse, because it was removed avaibility to select visual style and is removed very good programs like Windows Calendar, Photo...
  9. Ms PLEASE bring back ISO's again

in Windows 10 Support
    Ms PLEASE bring back ISO's again: Hi there This "update in place" mechanism is a PAIN if it fails during the process -- this means you actually have to restore the previous image of your OS (if you have one), remedy the error and start again. Mine failed because I was nearly out of HDD space for the OS...
  10. Ms please bring back W8 search !!!

in Windows 10 Support
    Ms please bring back W8 search !!!: Hi there I have to agree with other posters who say the current W10 search is an absolute DOG - also the fact that I can hardly read the start menu (text size for me too small and I've found no way so far of being able to increase the size of the start menu itself - other...