Windows 10: Please can someone help? I can either boot into Windows or have a GPU driver but not both.

Discus and support Please can someone help? I can either boot into Windows or have a GPU driver but not both. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I believe the update yesterday has caused me some problems I can't fix, and my computer is massively important to me right now. Sorry for the lengthy... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by VersuS_Zeke, May 13, 2020.

1. Please can someone help? I can either boot into Windows or have a GPU driver but not both.

I believe the update yesterday has caused me some problems I can't fix, and my computer is massively important to me right now.

Sorry for the lengthy post, or if this is in the wrong place... I won't be offended if it's deleted, but if it is, please could you point me at where I should go?

Yesterday evening I turned on the pc and it posted fine but failed to boot into Windows repeatedly, then failed the Startup Repair process before eventually giving the BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO error message. I then tried booting into safe mode which thankfully worked, so I tried repairing then resetting the installation via USB which both failed - it wouldn't even let me reinstall Windows. I eventually ended up having to format my drive and reset my bios to default before putting the settings back again to get it to install it wouldn't install with the default bios settings. When it was installed all seemed fine until I installed my GPU driver again, when it restarts during the install the same BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO issue reappears, every time, no matter what I do.
    With a bit of research it looks like what changed was a Windows update. My software and drivers were up to date, by comparison to most users my system is **** immaculate previously used very low spec gear and I tend to be a bit over ambitious, and I don't think anything other than Windows and Bitdefender have permission to update on their own.

Since then I have tried, in no particular order because I'm tired and my brain hurts:
    - Uninstalling the suspected problem update
    - A fresh Win10 install and not downloading the suspected update
    - A different GPU driver that I've previously used without issue
    - Ccleaner between driver installation attempts
    - Both DDU and AMD's cleanup tool for removal
    - Re-seating my GPU and RAM
    - Windows and GPU driver installation in safe mode
    - Installing Windows and GPU without secondary SSD secondary is MBR, boot is GPT, thought it was worth a go
    - Various command prompt commands both from the failed Auto-Repair screen and USB* This is where it gets wierder
    - Changing Secure-boot options in UEFI
    - Praying to every higher being I can think of.

*Attempting to enter the command prompt stuff is seemingly insanely hit and miss, I fully accept I'm something of a noob here, but it's like C:\ isnt always being recognised as a the drive where the OS lives, and it doesn't think it's on the other SSD either. Initially I thought I was entering incorrect details, but it's unable to put me into system32 or anything associated to it. Also when attempting a bootsec\ bootfix it says I don't have permission.
    That aside, nothing has made any difference. The timing of the failures has even seemingly remained unchanged throughout, making me think I've not even touched on where the issue is with my haphazard fumbling.
    My system specs are:
    Asrock b450 mITX/AC
    Ryzen 3600
    16gb 3200mhz 2x8gb
    Rx 5500xt 8GB
    Corsair Force MP510 480gb nvme, boot drive
    Kingston A400 960gb
    550w PSU

:)

VersuS_Zeke, May 13, 2020
  2. Monk.e83 Win User

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, May 13, 2020
  3. GPU driver stopped working. I need help

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand your concern as the GPU driver stopped working, which stopped working after the AVG update. We appreciate your effort in troubleshooting the issue and providing us the detailed information about it.

Let’s try a complete clean install of the GPU driver, please refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows key + R. This will open
      Run. Alternatively, you can go to Start and search for ‘Run’.
    2. In Run dialog box, type ‘devmgmt.msc’ and hit
      Enter.
    3. Expand Display adapters.
    4. Right click on the NVidia driver and click on
      Uninstall.
    5. Now check the box Delete the driver software for this device.
    6. Click on Uninstall.
    7. Do not restart the PC.

Download the latest drivers for the graphics card from NVidia
    website
    , select Auto Detect your GPU, once you download the drivers perform a clean install of drivers by following the steps mentioned below

1. Navigate to the location where the driver is downloaded (Usually it should be in the
      Downloads folder).
    2. Double-click on the driver to
      run it.
    3. Click on OK to start extracting the driver packages.
    4. Accept the License agreement and proceed further.
    5. Under Install options select
      Custom (Advanced)
      and click on Next
    6. Check the box next to
      Perform clean install and click on Next
    7. Follow the onscreen instructions.

Let us know how it goes.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, May 13, 2020
  4. Please can someone help? I can either boot into Windows or have a GPU driver but not both.

Windows 7 wont install drivers

i dont think anyone here understands what your asking either when its nearly a 90% english dominated Tech forum.
    Step 1
    reinstall windows from scratch
    Step 2
    install all drivers from the cd that came with the god damn motherboard *common sense*
    Step 3
    update windows
    Step 4
    install misc etc crap like flash java etc etc
    Step 5
    Install GPU drivers
    Step 6
    go back to using your pc without issue.

crazyeyesreaper, May 13, 2020
Thema:

Please can someone help? I can either boot into Windows or have a GPU driver but not both.

1. Please can someone help? I can either boot into Windows or have a GPU driver but not both. - Similar Threads - Please someone help

2. Can someone help me please?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can someone help me please?: On my windows 10 Lenovo G585 I'm at 75% to 100% CPU usage and 90% to 100% Disk. I have tried deleting everything from this laptop but I'm at a loss. Can someone help me please? You need to know anything just ask....
  3. can someone please help?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can someone please help?: I have been communicating with someone that goes by EmilyS726 , the option to reply has seem to run out. I really need help with One Drive. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-someone-please-help/a378caa5-ed59-4702-b19c-9c0b12ab8bbd
  4. can someone please help?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    can someone please help?: I have been communicating with someone that goes by EmilyS726 , the option to reply has seem to run out. I really need help with One Drive. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-someone-please-help/a378caa5-ed59-4702-b19c-9c0b12ab8bbd
  5. Can someone please help?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can someone please help?: Recently I have transitioned from a Radeon 5500 to a NVIDIA GeForce 1660ti and all of a sudden when I log on and do anything with the WiFi it just random BsoD with the error code being DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION and I have no clue how to fix it. Here are the minidump files, so if...
  6. Can someone please help?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can someone please help?: Recently I have transitioned from a Radeon 5500 to a NVIDIA GeForce 1660ti and all of a sudden when I log on and do anything with the WiFi it just random BsoD with the error code being DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION and I have no clue how to fix it. Here are the minidump files, so if...
  7. Can someone please help?

8. Can someone please help me?!

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can someone please help me?!: I upgraded my laptop to windows 10. Once I did that I noticed something in the right corner and It said windows is not activated and that I needed to activate windows 10. It also mentioned something about a product key? I am a little confused so if anyone out there can help...
  9. Can someone help please?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can someone help please?: So for a few days now, my PC is stuck in the automatic repair loop and i dont know how to get out of it. Ive seen a bunch of videos and articles that show me how to fix it but they dont work for my case. When i restart my computer, it goes to the :( screen then turns black....
  10. Can someone please help me as i have no sound

Can someone please help me as i have no sound: Hi all, First of all thanks for taking your time time to read this its much appreciated. I'm normally a console player however I picked up a average gaming computer and been having problems with the sound since purchase I was just wondering if their was a kind lady or gent...