Windows 10: Please can you let me know how I can reset the password of my childs family account

Discus and support Please can you let me know how I can reset the password of my childs family account in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi,I would like to reset the password of my child's account but can't find a way to do this.He does not use email, Xbox or the store.The account was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by woodiwiss, May 15, 2023.

1. woodiwiss Win User

Please can you let me know how I can reset the password of my childs family account

Hi,I would like to reset the password of my child's account but can't find a way to do this.He does not use email, Xbox or the store.The account was just set up for Minecraft, to which I added a store code to purchase.Thanks

:)

woodiwiss, May 15, 2023
  2. Rose Ter Win User

How to reset child account password in family safety on win. 10 ?

Hello Earl,

If you are logged in using an Administrator Account and you have set up the child accounts using the same account, then you should be able to change their passwords.

You can follow these steps:

• Press Windows key + X and select Control Panel.
    • Click on Family Safety and select the child account.
    • On the left navigation pane, select Change Password.
    • Follow the prompted instructions and check if the password is changed.

Let us know how it goes.

Rose Ter, May 15, 2023
  3. RedHeron Win User

I'm also having issues with this.

There is NO OPTION to change the password, either in Windows 10 or in the family management area of the online account preferences. My son is disabled, and has issues with memory, but proudly remembered his password until recently, when he changed it. He's
    just turned 7 years old. Why am I not permitted to clearly manage the account?

When I go to Settings -> Account -> Family & Other People there are no options.

The Family Safety control panel does not exist on my computer.

The Microsoft account management feature connected to my son's email address (which we have set up with his school to manage schoolwork this year) does not have any obvious option to reset the password.

So... again, how do we do this?

RedHeron, May 15, 2023
  4. Please can you let me know how I can reset the password of my childs family account

Hi,

Thanks but the steps above aren't accurate;

2. There is no Family Safety option within the Control Panel

Anyone know how to resent a password for child account within the Microsoft Family?

Stephen and Michelle Oates, May 15, 2023
Thema:

Please can you let me know how I can reset the password of my childs family account

1. Please can you let me know how I can reset the password of my childs family account - Similar Threads - Please let reset

2. Does anyone know how I can reset my child's password?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Does anyone know how I can reset my child's password?: I'm getting quite frustrated that the recovery form does not have enough information. If I knew a previous original password I'd use that to sign in! There is no other information I can provide. I can't understand why the option doesn't appear available in the family safety...
  3. Does anyone know how I can reset my child's password?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does anyone know how I can reset my child's password?: I'm getting quite frustrated that the recovery form does not have enough information. If I knew a previous original password I'd use that to sign in! There is no other information I can provide. I can't understand why the option doesn't appear available in the family safety...
  4. Does anyone know how I can reset my child's password?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Please can you let me know how I can reset the password of my childs family account

Please can you let me know how I can reset the password of my childs family account: Hi,I would like to reset the password of my child's account but can't find a way to do this.He does not use email, Xbox or the store.The account was just set up for Minecraft, to which I added a store code to purchase.Thanks...
  6. Please can you let me know how I can reset the password of my childs family account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Please can you let me know how I can reset the password of my childs family account: Hi,I would like to reset the password of my child's account but can't find a way to do this.He does not use email, Xbox or the store.The account was just set up for Minecraft, to which I added a store code to purchase.Thanks...
  7. Dear Support Team , can you please let me know how can I remove my gmail account from my...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dear Support Team , can you please let me know how can I remove my gmail account from my...: Dear Support Team , I have the computer with Windows 11Pro which I am using for the purpose of work in the office. I have identified my company mail address also my personal gmail address to the account section. But I need to remove my personal Gmail account , I couldn't see...
  8. Dear Support Team , can you please let me know how can I remove my gmail account from my...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dear Support Team , can you please let me know how can I remove my gmail account from my...: Dear Support Team , I have the computer with Windows 11Pro which I am using for the purpose of work in the office. I have identified my company mail address also my personal gmail address to the account section. But I need to remove my personal Gmail account , I couldn't see...
  9. Thank you for letting me know how to password

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Thank you for letting me know how to password: What's the deal with Windows 10 apps that pop-up a corner notice to inform you that the password field on login dialog (which pops-up at the same time as the corner notification) needs to have a password entered? It's 2020, we all know the purpose the password field on a...
  10. Microsoft Family. How can I change child password?

Microsoft Family. How can I change child password?: I forgot my child’s password to his account under Microsoft Family. My son cannot get access to the account and I don’t know how to retrieve it. Help me please......