Windows 10: Please define what counts as "Screen time" in a Microsoft Family Safety report.

Discus and support Please define what counts as "Screen time" in a Microsoft Family Safety report. in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I can find no definition of the measure of "Screen time" in a Microsoft Family Safety report from *** Email address is removed for privacy ***. Can... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by DrBarryDrake, Jan 17, 2021.

1. Please define what counts as "Screen time" in a Microsoft Family Safety report.

I can find no definition of the measure of "Screen time" in a Microsoft Family Safety report from *** Email address is removed for privacy ***. Can anyone please define what counts as "Screen time" in a Microsoft Family Safety report.

:)

DrBarryDrake, Jan 17, 2021

2. Windows 10 Family Safety: Time limits and screen locking

I recently set up my son's computer with family safety, and I have him limited to 3 hours of total screen time per weekday. I have told him that when he gets up to go outside, eat, or whatever to lock his computer - but it appears that the time he's away is counting toward his total time as well, which defeats the purpose of screen locking IMO. I've scoured Microsoft and the forums to see if screen lock time counts toward computer time in the family safety feature, but have found absolutely nothing. Does anyone out there know for sure, and if so can you post references?
    Thanks.

Rodger Cooley, Jan 17, 2021
  3. Family Safety screen time stuck on old settings

• I set up family safety settings under windows 8.
    • Configured screen time options to for only daytime, so as to prevent my son from using the computer too early or too late in the day.
    • I've upgraded the computer to Windows 10 (live update, not a fresh install).
    • Now I want to change the screen time settings for my son. Nothing I have attempted (short of clean install of Windows) has worked.
      • Changing time settings doesn't work
      • Turning off Screen Time doesn't help
      • Removing/Adding his account from family safety doesn't help
      • Removing/Adding the computer from family safety doesn't help
    • I don't see a Windows Family Safety service running on the machine, which is odd.
    • I really don't want to do a fresh Windows install.

Any suggestions are welcome.

Noyabronok1, Jan 17, 2021
  4. Brink Win User

Please define what counts as "Screen time" in a Microsoft Family Safety report.

New Microsoft Family Safety Preview app for Android and iOS

Source: Microsoft Family Safety: Protect Your Family - Office Insider Blog

Brink, Jan 17, 2021
Thema:

Please define what counts as "Screen time" in a Microsoft Family Safety report.

1. Please define what counts as "Screen time" in a Microsoft Family Safety report. - Similar Threads - Please define counts

2. Microsoft Family Safety - screen time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Family Safety - screen time: Hi,I would like to ask if I can set screen time for non-Store apps and games. If not, are there any other alternatives for parental control?Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-family-safety-screen-time/61c214d1-5502-4ffe-bcf5-645cd1f5abdc
  3. Microsoft Family Safety - screen time

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Family Safety - screen time: Hi,I would like to ask if I can set screen time for non-Store apps and games. If not, are there any other alternatives for parental control?Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-family-safety-screen-time/61c214d1-5502-4ffe-bcf5-645cd1f5abdc
  4. Family safety screen time report and adding windows device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Family safety screen time report and adding windows device: HiPlease help me fix screen time report for missing window devices.Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/family-safety-screen-time-report-and-adding/4df0a5b0-600a-46e4-a045-1d3f6bf869c8
  5. Family safety screen time report and adding windows device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Family safety screen time report and adding windows device: HiPlease help me fix screen time report for missing window devices.Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/family-safety-screen-time-report-and-adding/4df0a5b0-600a-46e4-a045-1d3f6bf869c8
  6. Family Safety Screen time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Family Safety Screen time: I have screen time settings for access to windows set to 8am but my children seem to be able to log in before this time. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/family-safety-screen-time/b6f0f3f7-7368-430c-92b8-9abc96066196
  7. Family safety activity reporting zero time

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Family safety activity reporting zero time: Hi,I recently bought a new Win10 laptop for one of my children. I set it up using my Microsoft account and configured it to allow the child account to log in. The child can log in and the account is verified, but the activity reporting never starts counting usage and only...
  8. Microsoft Family Safety screen time reporting

Microsoft Family Safety screen time reporting: In Microsoft Family Safety, I can see my child's activity for today, and I can look at their activity over the last 7 days, but I can't see their activity on specific days in the past. Furthermore, even when I look at today's activity, I only see total hours and not details...
  9. Microsoft Family Safety Activity Report

Microsoft Family Safety Activity Report: Hello, I am having issues with Microsoft Family Safety Activity Report. One computer is not reporting any screen/app usage at all. Others using the same account do, but I am unable to get this one to work. I have tried many fixes from Microsoft and other sources...
  10. Family Safety Screen Time

Family Safety Screen Time: I upgraded from Windows 8 to Windows 10. I created new Microsoft accounts for my kids and added those accounts to the child accounts in Windows 10. The problem is that the Family Safety screen time that was configured on the Microsoft website are not being enforced on the...