Windows 10: PLEASE DELETE DUPLICATE

Discus and support PLEASE DELETE DUPLICATE in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; When I click 'Submit' the first time, Windows website frozen, so it appear my question wasn't posted, so I submitted again. Turns out first question... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by FlappyJack, Jan 19, 2020.

1. PLEASE DELETE DUPLICATE

When I click 'Submit' the first time, Windows website frozen, so it appear my question wasn't posted, so I submitted again. Turns out first question was posted, so please delete this duplicate.

:)

FlappyJack, Jan 19, 2020
  2. garym123 Win User

Duplicate Contacts.. which ones to delete?

from the link above

Clean up duplicate contacts at Outlook – free personal email and calendar from Microsoft

You can combine duplicate contacts into a single one with all the contact info.

Use “Clean up contacts”

• In People, click Manage, then click Clean up contacts.

• Within each contact set, clear the check box for any contact you don’t want in the set.

• Repeat step 2 for all contact sets, and then click Clean up.

Search and combine manually

• In the People search field, type the name of the contact you’re looking for.

• In the search result, select the contacts you want to combine, and then click
      Link.

Undo a combined contact
    When a new combined contact is created, the original duplicate contacts are then deleted. If you accidentally combine two or more contacts that are actually different people, here’s how to restore them.

• In People, click Manage, and then Restore deleted contacts.

• Select the original contacts you want to restore, then click Restore.

• Click the incorrectly-combined contact, click Delete, then click
      Delete again.

garym123, Jan 19, 2020
  3. finding and deleting duplicate files

Download and install DupeGuru from
    http://www.hardcoded.net/dupeguru
    . Be sure to use the correct version for your operating system, including 32-bit or 64-bit versions of Windows.

Proceed to install it...

Step 2: Select a folder to scan

Launch DupeGuru and you’ll be asked to select which folders to scan. It’s worth limiting this scan so that it completes quickly while you familiarise yourself with the program, so click the + button and select your My Documents folder, then click the Scan button.

Step 3: Check the list of found files

DupeGuru will then scan the selected folder and display a list of files that it thinks are identical, based on their content, with the ‘original’ file highlighted in blue. The list also shows the size of each file for a quick manual comparison and a Match column
    that shows how confident DupeGuru is that the files are the same.

Step 4: Delete or move the duplicate files

Once you’re satisfied that the duplicate files have been correctly identified, select Mark All from the Mark menu to select the duplicates. Then, using the Actions menu, you can delete the duplicates or move them all to another folder, regardless of where they
    are currently. This is often a better option, since you can delete the files later, when you’re completely sure you don’t need them.

Step 5: Find duplicate files in other ways

Select Preferences from the View menu to see DupeGuru's various options. Here you can select whether to compare files by Filename, Contents or Folders (duplicate folders). If you use the Filenames option, you can also select the Filter Hardness to match similar
    filenames, as well as identical ones — the ‘harder’ this setting, the more exact the match.

Finding duplicate images

Finding duplicate images is rather more involved, since a computer can’t compare the content of an image file in the same way as a document. So this requires a separate application — DupeGuru Picture Edition. This is also a free download for Windows, Mac and
    Linux and works in almost the same way.

Step 1: Download and install DupeGuru

Download and install DupeGuru as before. It used to have a separate version called DupeGuru PE (Picture Edition), but now all the features are rolled into the standard edition. Again, be sure to use the correct version for your operating system, including 32-bit
    or 64-bit versions of Windows.

Step 2: Scan for duplicate photos

Launch the program and select one or more folders to scan. This might take longer than scanning for documents, as images are generally bigger file sizes. When it’s complete, be sure to use the Details view to compare the duplicate images to check they’ve been
    correctly identified before moving or deleting them. Though DupeGuru is remarkably accurate.

Step 3: Find photos that are almost idenitcal

DupeGuru can also identify images that are not quite duplicates, such as two photos of the same subject where you moved the camera slightly. You may not want to keep these near-duplicates, so select Preferences from the View menu and reduce the Filter Hardness
    slider to match more images.

You’ll need to experiment with this to get the best results and be sure to only delete the files you no longer want — DupeGuru has no idea which ‘original’ you want to keep.

Source:

http://home.bt.com/tech-gadgets/computing/how-t...

Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised
    on the site before you decide to download and install it.

Andre for Directly, Jan 19, 2020
  4. PLEASE DELETE DUPLICATE

Duplicate Public Folders

Hi,

To further identify the cause of this problem, can you provide us the following information?

• What happens when you delete the duplicate folders?
    • Does it happen to all of your folders or only those with pictures?
    • Any steps you've tried to troubleshoot this issue?

Regards.

Engelsen Fad, Jan 19, 2020
Thema:

PLEASE DELETE DUPLICATE

1. PLEASE DELETE DUPLICATE - Similar Threads - PLEASE DELETE DUPLICATE

2. delete duplicate account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    delete duplicate account: I accidentally created an extra account that is tied to my Microsoft account using the same email address. How do I delete it without deleting my main account? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/delete-duplicate-account/6491a6dc-6310-4198-be62-1a3a904fb63d
  3. delete duplicate account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    delete duplicate account: I accidentally created an extra account that is tied to my Microsoft account using the same email address. How do I delete it without deleting my main account? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/delete-duplicate-account/6491a6dc-6310-4198-be62-1a3a904fb63d
  4. delete duplicate account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
  5. Duplicate Account Not Deleted

in Windows 10 Customization
    Duplicate Account Not Deleted: I am extremely frustrated because I tried to sign in to OneNote several months ago. I thought it would be easier to sign in with the phone number associated with my existing account, rather than typing up the difficult email address. Instead, Microsoft created a whole new...
  6. Duplicate post - please delete

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Duplicate post - please delete: Duplicate post - please delete https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/duplicate-post-please-delete/09a4dafa-79d3-49dd-8b20-e19a463c3e9c
  7. delete duplicate picure

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    delete duplicate picure: how do I delete things to get more space https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/delete-duplicate-picure/be59bb92-1639-4595-949a-3dffd9dbda6c
  8. delete duplicate pictures

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    delete duplicate pictures: I have numerous duplicate pictures in my files. How do I delete them https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/delete-duplicate-pictures/a541d7d3-4045-4cc3-82a5-d04e591cbaf4"
  9. Delete duplicate account

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Delete duplicate account: Hi. I inadvertently created two Microsoft accounts using the same email address and password. The first a couple years ago as personal and recently another when I bought Office 365. Now it seems to take me to the old personal account whenever I log in. This means I...
  10. (please ignore - duplicate post)

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    (please ignore - duplicate post): admin, please delete this post 50528