Windows 10: Please disable the new News and Interests feature on taskbar by default!

Discus and support Please disable the new News and Interests feature on taskbar by default! in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I hate Microsoft added and enabled the new News and Interests feature on taskbar by default. The feature will waste computer resources and most people... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by KygekDev, May 5, 2021.

1. KygekDev Win User

Please disable the new News and Interests feature on taskbar by default!

I hate Microsoft added and enabled the new News and Interests feature on taskbar by default. The feature will waste computer resources and most people won't use it. More devices will have the new feature as Microsoft pushes the update. This is not a good thing for me. I hope Microsoft will disable the feature by default on future update.Microsoft Windows 10 Professional EditionVersion 20H2 Build 19042.964

:)

KygekDev, May 5, 2021
  2. Brink Win User
    Brink, May 5, 2021
  3. thomaseg1 Win User
    Windows 10 Insider Preview Dev Build 21301 (RS_PRERELEASE) - Jan. 27 Insider

Windows 10’s taskbar is getting a big update with new weather and news widget - The Verge
    To disable the taskbar news widget, use these steps:

• Right-click the taskbar on Windows 10.
    • Select the News and interests menu and choose the Hidden option. Disable taskbar News and Interests.
    • (Optional) Select the Show icon only option if you want to keep the widget using less space in the taskbar.
    I don't know if it works

It works

thomaseg1, May 5, 2021
  4. Bree Win User

News & Interests pops up then disappears

Of my 6 machines only one has seen it appear so far. I'm in two minds whether to leave it turned on or not, but it seems to be working normally.

You could try disabling 'open on hover' or even turning it off completely. Then turn it back on and see if then works properly.

Customization - How to Add or Remove News and Interests icon on Taskbar in Windows 10 | Windows Questions

Enable or Disable Open News and Interests on Hover in Windows 10

Bree, May 5, 2021
Thema:

1. Please disable the new News and Interests feature on taskbar by default! - Similar Threads - Please disable News

2. Taskbar News and Interests Microsoft News ignores interest settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar News and Interests Microsoft News ignores interest settings: I turned off the News and Interests feature on my taskbar. Why? Because the only news I want to see popping up on my desktop is weather and technology, however, regardless of how I customize the news feed, it still displays national news, politics, and sports and whatnot....
  3. News and Interests on Taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    News and Interests on Taskbar: I would like for the News and Interests app to show local weather information on the Taskbar itself instead of just the icon. I have checked "Show icon and text" and "Open on hover." What else should I do?...
  4. New "News and Interests" in Taskbar - Disable/Hide News, Keep Weather?

New "News and Interests" in Taskbar - Disable/Hide News, Keep Weather?: Is there any possible way to get rid of the news but just keep the weather card when I hover over the current local temperature on the new "News and Interests" feature built into the taskbar? I know I can disable the cards that show when I hover altogether, and I know I can...
  5. New "News and Interests" in Taskbar - Disable/Hide News, Keep Weather?

in Windows 10 Support
    New "News and Interests" in Taskbar - Disable/Hide News, Keep Weather?: Is there any possible way to get rid of the news but just keep the weather card when I hover over the current local temperature on the new "News and Interests" feature built into the taskbar? I know I can disable the cards that show when I hover altogether, and I know I can...
  6. Windows 10’s News and Interests taskbar feed gets new features

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10’s News and Interests taskbar feed gets new features: With the latest batch of cumulative preview updates, Microsoft is updating Windows 10’s News and Interests feature with more options to customize the overall experience. After the latest cumulative preview update for Windows 10 version 21H1, version 20H2 and 2004, Microsoft...
  7. News and Interests on the taskbar

News and Interests on the taskbar: This feature just appeared on the taskbar about a 10 days ago and then disappeared after a bios update. Perhaps this is coincidental, but that is when I noticed it was gone and not in the menu for the taskbar. I have Windows 10 home 20H2 Build 19042.985 Also, KB5001391 is...
  8. Manage interests button not working in new News & Interests taskbar

Manage interests button not working in new News & Interests taskbar: So I finally got around to messing with this after it was just pushed to my device a few days back. I clicked the manage interests button and it was opening my browser but I was unable to manage my interests anywhere I could see. Turns out you can only manage them if you use...
  9. Manage interests button not working in new News & Interests taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    Manage interests button not working in new News & Interests taskbar: So I finally got around to messing with this after it was just pushed to my device a few days back. I clicked the manage interests button and it was opening my browser but I was unable to manage my interests anywhere I could see. Turns out you can only manage them if you use...
  10. How to disable News and Interests in the taskbar?

How to disable News and Interests in the taskbar?: Is there a way to completely disable the new News and Interests in the Windows 10 taskbar? I don't mean the Hide option but really disable it?This thing is forced down our throats and really should be an opt-in feature. MS really is adding more and more BS :...