Windows 10: PLEASE don't skip me!! how to reboot Dell XPS 8700 running Windows 10 8709 when monitor...

Discus and support PLEASE don't skip me!! how to reboot Dell XPS 8700 running Windows 10 8709 when monitor... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I've been troubleshooting the freezing that has reappeared in recent weeks by using msconfig and changing enabled services and start menu items. Got... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by b4ab, May 18, 2019.

1. b4ab Win User

PLEASE don't skip me!! how to reboot Dell XPS 8700 running Windows 10 8709 when monitor...

I've been troubleshooting the freezing that has reappeared in recent weeks by using msconfig and changing enabled services and start menu items. Got down to three start menu enables and everything seemed fine....I could do anything, work for an hour or more....no freeze ups. Then of a sudden after adding more enables on the start menu the system reboots (or seems to reboot...I can't really tell) but the monitor refuses to come back on. The only thing that works is to unplug the computer and wait an hour or more. Then it boots into the Safe Boot screen and reboots from there. Any subsequent restarts result, again, in the monitor not coming back on.

The Dell 8700 has an i7 processor, 24 gb of RAM, all the drivers and BIOS have been updated, and of two days ago when this started Windows 10 64bit 8709 was updated with recent up dates.

I know you're all tired as hell of dealing with this issue, but any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

:)

2. Windows 8.1 can't activate after restore in Dell XPS 8700

I bought the brand new XPS 8700 from Dell in 2014, It came with Windows 8.1 without any sticker on the computer,

Recently I have restored the windows 8.1 after 3-6 times windows loading failed, I followed the instructions on Dell's site( Dell support article about 8.1 system restore),

I also downloaded the newest drivers with my product service tag, I installed only two of them: Dell backup and recovery application(for recover the documents before I restore the system), Dell XPS 8700 system BIOS
    :which is listed as Urgent.

I notice that my system did not activate after I restart windows, I tried to activate it but it's not working. Please let me know if there is any way to solve this !!

My warranty has expired so I can't get any help from the Dell service department. attached my activate page error:

if needed, I'll upload my receipt for this computer to prove that I bought a computer with preinstalled windows 8.1 system inside.

PLEASE don't skip me!!  how to reboot Dell XPS 8700 running Windows 10 8709 when monitor... a0dd7b4d-c720-4082-ad7b-a719e2024250?upload=true.jpg

George2019-art, May 18, 2019
  3. XPS 8700

I can't log-in without the password

I need a password that will work with XPS 8700 windows 8.1

can you help me /

jeromelowe, May 18, 2019
  4. JimPta Win User

PLEASE don't skip me!! how to reboot Dell XPS 8700 running Windows 10 8709 when monitor...

How to add SSD as boot disk on new Dell XPS 8700 with Windows 10?

Goal: Add a Samsung EVO 500GB 2.5-Inch SATA III Internal SSD and make it the boot disk for a new Dell 8700 running pre-installed Windows 10.

Questions:

• Do I have to change the BIOS from IRST to AHCI?

• Can I transfer the OS from the original C: drive to the SSD via

EasyUS Todo Backup
      ?

• Do I need the Windows installation disks?
    Background:

Using a StarTEC USB 3.0 to 2.5 SATA III Hard Drive adapter cable, I connected the new SSD to the new Dell 8700 via USB. The Dell transfer tools, and Dell Navigator, did not recognize the SSD. I later read a post that said that these Dell tools did
    not yet work with Windows 10. As suggested in another post, I did get the transfer to work using EasyUS Todo. I copied Windows 10 to the SSD. I then installed it internally in one of the empty drive bays. Windows 10 file manager recognized the drive and I
    was able to see that Windows was indeed copied on it.

But, before I change the Boot Sequence to start with the SSD, I would like to know if the OS transfer will indeed work and\or whether the BIOs needs to be changed from IRST to AHCI (if yes, how).

Finally, Windows disks, usually orderable from PC manufacturers, are not yet available from Dell. Alternatively, the “create USB recovery disk” goes in an endless loop even though I am trying to create one using a new 32GB San Disk USB drive.

Any other things I need to do in order to make this SSD boot configuration to work?

Thanks!

JimPta, May 18, 2019
Thema:

1. PLEASE don't skip me!! how to reboot Dell XPS 8700 running Windows 10 8709 when monitor... - Similar Threads - PLEASE don't skip

2. XPS 8700 Windows 10 restarting without asking

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    XPS 8700 Windows 10 restarting without asking: Hi! I got this XPS 8700 7 years ago with windows 10 installed and recently it’s been acting horribily. Now out of no where, my computer will shut down and sometimes turn on by itself. I’m looking online and there’s two possible solutions, check and update the drivers, or...
  3. Dell XPS 8700 stuck at BIOS Dell logo when restarting

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Dell XPS 8700 stuck at BIOS Dell logo when restarting: When forcing power off and power back on, the machine boots up fine. It only gets stuck when I have it reboot. Things I’ve tried: Installing the latest BIOS (A14) Installing the latest chipset driver Installing the latest network driver sfc /scannow - no errors chkdsk - no...
  4. Dell XPS 8700 desktop - Continued Crashing after Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Dell XPS 8700 desktop - Continued Crashing after Windows 10 update: Today for the 2nd time in less than 10 days upon doing a soft restart the video would not come back on. It appears that it boots up without video and goes into sleep mode. Attempt to wake system up - the computer does, however, no video. The 1st time it happened my husband...
  5. Cannot Boot Windows 10 on a Dell XPS 8700 Desktop

Cannot Boot Windows 10 on a Dell XPS 8700 Desktop: My hard drive has crashed and the PC will not boot. I have tried a bootable usb drive, but it shows several partitions on my HDD of which only 1 can be used per the screen messages and it is "too small". Any ideas?...
  6. Dell XPS 8700 upgrades

Dell XPS 8700 upgrades: I'm looking to upgrade my wife's older Dell desktop. She is running windows 7, I would like to give it new life. It takes minutes to completely start up. I purchased a 1TB hard drive and a 250gb ssd. Can I install an OEM version of windows 10 home? or should I get a retail...
  7. Can the Dell XPS 8700 be upgraded to Windows 10?

Can the Dell XPS 8700 be upgraded to Windows 10?: A friend with a Dell XPS 8700 i5 that was running Windows 7 had the OS crash. Recovery media is no longer available and a Microsoft Windows 7 disk isn't a solution because it requires inputting a license key; apparently Dell PCs have the license key embedded in the bios. The...
  8. My Dell XPS 8700 2014 is driving me nut

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My Dell XPS 8700 2014 is driving me nut: Since I upgraded to W10, the Audio Service and internet connection both keep crashing. Randomly. My computer is the only one hard-wired to the router. We have others and none loses their signal. I made sure to try wi-fi on and off, no difference. Tried a different cable....
  9. XPS 8700 Boot Issues

in Windows 10 Support
    XPS 8700 Boot Issues: About a month ago I decided to upgrade from windows 8 to windows 10 on my 2 year old XPS 8700. The update went smoothly and worked fine. When I would shutdown my computer or restart it would attempt to update but fail and revert changes every time. I found this weird but it...
  10. Dell 8700 Still on 1607

Dell 8700 Still on 1607: I have two Dell XPS 8700 that are still on 1607. I have not been in a rush to manual upgrade, but wondering why these are still on windows 1607. Any ideas? Anything to look for? 103654

Users found this page by searching for:

1. win 10 reboot dell xps 8700