Windows 10: « Please ensure a clean shutdown »

Discus and support « Please ensure a clean shutdown » in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, Every time I am shutting down my computer, this message keeps popping up. What does that mean? Thanks!... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by LisaPP, Dec 20, 2018.

1. LisaPP Win User

« Please ensure a clean shutdown »

Hi,

Every time I am shutting down my computer, this message keeps popping up. What does that mean? Thanks!

:)

LisaPP, Dec 20, 2018

2. My pc takes for ever to shut down when i restart

Suggest cleaning up your startup list .There may be many services / Apps you can remove on startup which is not needed on boot or during shutdown.
    Before you shutdown the Pc check what is running in Task Manager as a program or service in not killing the process on shutdown

Would suggest cleaning up running apps and services -Autoruns, StartupMonitor,HighjackThis,
    Malware Scan - Malwarebytes,ADWcleaner, Combofix

SnakeDoctor, Dec 20, 2018
  3. Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Dec 20, 2018
  4. Toothless Win User

Silent boot failure

List your specs out and tell us each step in cleaning you did.

Toothless, Dec 20, 2018
Thema:

1. « Please ensure a clean shutdown » - Similar Threads - Please ensure clean

2. How can I ensure that every window opens maximised, please?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I ensure that every window opens maximised, please?: I know about pressing Control when closing a window etc. but, for instance, when I plug my phone in to a USB connection to my PC it won't open in a maximised window. I'm guessing that I need to edit something in the registry, maybe, so can anyone point me in the right...
  3. How can I ensure that every window opens maximised, please?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I ensure that every window opens maximised, please?: I know about pressing Control when closing a window etc. but, for instance, when I plug my phone in to a USB connection to my PC it won't open in a maximised window. I'm guessing that I need to edit something in the registry, maybe, so can anyone point me in the right...
  4. How can I ensure that every window opens maximised, please?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Dear Microsoft, Please ensure that Windows 10 1903 Deployment features are thouroughly...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Dear Microsoft, Please ensure that Windows 10 1903 Deployment features are thouroughly...: Seriously... This is a newly installed Windows Preinstallation Environment Windows 10 Assessment and Deployment Toolkit 18362.1 [ATTACH] Now I am quoting the following from https://support.microsoft.com/en-au/help/4498523/windows-10-update-kb4498523 Servicing stack...
  6. The operating system did not shutdown cleanly

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    The operating system did not shutdown cleanly: What does "The operating system did not shutdown cleanly" mean? how to fix it? I'm in windows 10 version 1903, it makes me stuck in booting screen...
  7. Ensuring Bitlocker is Working

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Ensuring Bitlocker is Working: I have just read the following quote on the CERT website. The quote is from Microsoft but is on the CERT site. It has to do with Bitlocker. ************************* Encryption with BitLocker depends on the correct setting of the Group Policy. More information about this...
  8. Ensure Trim is Enabled?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Ensure Trim is Enabled?: I have read several articles on Trim and it seems like my settings are opposite of what the articles say. All articles say the setting should be "0" for Trim to be enabled. I followed the steps to verify the status and below is what my system reports....
  9. BSOD on Startup after clean shutdown

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD on Startup after clean shutdown: My Windows 10 system sometimes crashed on startup, after loading progress. The monitor would show blank white screen, or sometimes the blue screen (sometimes with corrupted display). This does not happen so often, but I'd like to know the cause. The daily operation of the...
  10. Clean install advice please

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Clean install advice please: I upgraded my laptops a few weeks ago and, today, I've upgraded my Desktop PC. Before I start adding the programs I need, I'm wondering about doing a clean install rather than waiting for weeks and starting all over again. My main concern is that when I installed Windows...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. ensure a clean shutdown

2. ensure clean shutdown

3. how to ensure a clean shutdown