Windows 10: "please enter setup to recover BIOS settings"

Discus and support "please enter setup to recover BIOS settings" in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi. I'm getting that message when I boot up. I enter BIOS and then exit without making changes and all is then well. There must be a problem, though,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by dortmunder, Nov 14, 2020.

1. "please enter setup to recover BIOS settings"

Hi. I'm getting that message when I boot up. I enter BIOS and then exit without making changes and all is then well. There must be a problem, though, and I've read that it's most likely a dead motherboard battery. But if the battery is dead why is the date and time on my taskbar showing correctly?

If the problem isn't the battery, what could it be?

Thank you. (Version 1909)

:)

dortmunder, Nov 14, 2020

2. entering Bios settings

Hi Geoff,

To access BIOS settings under Windows 10 operating system, please follow the steps below:

• Click Start, then click Settings.
    • Click Update & security, select Recovery then under
      Advanced startup, click Restart now.
    • Select Troubleshoot, then Advanced options, then click
      UEFI Firmware Settings.

Let us know how it goes.

Gemzon Mar, Nov 14, 2020
  3. access BIOS settings in Win 10

I have an 8-year old computer running Win 10. I need to access the BIOS settings. It used to be the holding down the F2 key during startup would bring up the BIOS screen in Windows computers. But this no longer works. A web article listed a complicated
    series of steps leading to a reboot . . . but still no access to BIOS. Any suggestions?

R BruceBeckner, Nov 14, 2020
  4. "please enter setup to recover BIOS settings"

bios

Hi all i am new in this forum, i need meanings step by step of each item listed in the bios Phoenix-Award

central473, Nov 14, 2020
Thema:

"please enter setup to recover BIOS settings"

1. "please enter setup to recover BIOS settings" - Similar Threads - please enter setup

2. Please enter setup to recover BIOS setting. USB Device Over Current Status Detected !...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Please enter setup to recover BIOS setting. USB Device Over Current Status Detected !...: this happened because of a short circuit it was working fine on the day that it happened just a pop up. but when I turned it on it showed this message I can’t go to bios I have tried resetting the cmos and nothing worked I can’t currently get a new one or get it sent to get...
  3. Please enter setup to recover BIOS setting. USB Device Over Current Status Detected !...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Please enter setup to recover BIOS setting. USB Device Over Current Status Detected !...: this happened because of a short circuit it was working fine on the day that it happened just a pop up. but when I turned it on it showed this message I can’t go to bios I have tried resetting the cmos and nothing worked I can’t currently get a new one or get it sent to get...
  4. Please enter setup to recover BIOS setting. USB Device Over Current Status Detected !...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Please enter setup to recover BIOS setting. USB Device Over Current Status Detected !...: Can’t current buy anew one or get I’ll looked at by a professional cost https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/please-enter-setup-to-recover-bios-setting-usb/fd6a3610-dd67-413d-91e0-4e826a64428a
  5. Please enter setup to recover BIOS setting. USB Device Over Current Status Detected !...

Please enter setup to recover BIOS setting. USB Device Over Current Status Detected !...: Can’t current buy anew one or get I’ll looked at by a professional cost https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/please-enter-setup-to-recover-bios-setting-usb/fd6a3610-dd67-413d-91e0-4e826a64428a
  6. Please enter setup to recover BIOS setting. USB Device Over Current Status Detected !...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Please enter setup to recover BIOS setting. USB Device Over Current Status Detected !...: I have tried multiple different ways to fix it but nothing has worked. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/please-enter-setup-to-recover-bios-setting-usb/aba81c3c-25ef-4474-98b9-5a4505492d95
  7. Please enter setup to recover BIOS setting. USB Device Over Current Status Detected !...

Please enter setup to recover BIOS setting. USB Device Over Current Status Detected !...: I have tried multiple different ways to fix it but nothing has worked. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/please-enter-setup-to-recover-bios-setting-usb/aba81c3c-25ef-4474-98b9-5a4505492d95
  8. Fix Please enter setup to recover BIOS setting. USB Device Over Current Status Detected !...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fix Please enter setup to recover BIOS setting. USB Device Over Current Status Detected !...: I have tried multiple different ways to fix it but nothing has worked. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fix-please-enter-setup-to-recover-bios-setting-usb/aba81c3c-25ef-4474-98b9-5a4505492d95
  9. Fix Please enter setup to recover BIOS setting. USB Device Over Current Status Detected !...

Fix Please enter setup to recover BIOS setting. USB Device Over Current Status Detected !...: I have tried multiple different ways to fix it but nothing has worked. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fix-please-enter-setup-to-recover-bios-setting-usb/aba81c3c-25ef-4474-98b9-5a4505492d95
  10. How to enter BIOS settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to enter BIOS settings: Hello! Recently I've tried multiple methods to enter my BIOS settings so I can enable Virtualization. But every method I've tried doesn't work. When I restart my PC at the bottom it says: "Press TAB to open Post BIOS settings" and when I press TAB I see multiple commands but...