Windows 10: Please explain Bitlocker Recovery Keys web page

Discus and support Please explain Bitlocker Recovery Keys web page in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; How do I delete old Bitlocker keys from my Microsoft account? It's simple in the cases where the key is listed with the Netbios name of a computer I've... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by jaygourley, Nov 30, 2022.

1. Please explain Bitlocker Recovery Keys web page

How do I delete old Bitlocker keys from my Microsoft account? It's simple in the cases where the key is listed with the Netbios name of a computer I've retired. But I have four different keys listed for the same Netbios name of a computer still in use and five keys with vague Netbios names like "DESKTOP-XXXXXXX where the X's differ.Also, is there any reason to retain the key of a computer that has been reset and sold/gifted?

:)

jaygourley, Nov 30, 2022

2. bitlocker recovery key

Hi Singh,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to get clarity on this issue and assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

1. Are you not able login to your computer due to BitLocker Recovery Key?
    2. Did you ever setup BitLocker Recovery Key on your computer?
    3. Are you not able to login to your Microsoft Account to find the BitLocker Recovery Key?
    4. Are you using Windows 10 Home or Windows 10 Professional?

Meanwhile, try finding BitLocker Recovery Key if you have ever setup BitLocker Recovery Key for your computer.

Please elaborate on the issue, so that we can understand the concern and get back to us to help you further.

Shafeeq_Khan, Nov 30, 2022
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    DaveM121, Nov 30, 2022
  4. Rohit_R Win User

Please explain Bitlocker Recovery Keys web page

Enter Bitlocker Recovery Key page at boot

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In respect of your concern, the BitLocker recovery page you are getting is for the BIOS security and that is setup from the manufacturer.

I would suggest you to get in contact with the computer’s manufacturer and they will help you with the BitLocker recovery key.

Hope it helps.

Rohit Raina

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Rohit_R, Nov 30, 2022
Thema:

Please explain Bitlocker Recovery Keys web page

1. Please explain Bitlocker Recovery Keys web page - Similar Threads - Please explain Bitlocker

2. Bitlocker recovery key page unavailable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bitlocker recovery key page unavailable: Hello,yesterday, when trying to access my computer, my BIOS started updating. After it finished the process, I was asked to type my BITLocker. This isn't the first time this has happened to me, but for some reason, unlike the other times, after I enter my credentials, and get...
  3. Bitlocker recovery key page is broken!

Bitlocker recovery key page is broken!: I need to access to my bitlocker recovery key to unlock my laptop again, but when I login to my Microsoft account, and go to aka.ms/mrecoverykey, or any of the other proposed alternative links, it always says “A problem occured. Please wait a moment and then try again.” I...
  4. Bitlocker Recovery Key page not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker Recovery Key page not working: I restarted my laptop, just because I hadn't in a while, and when it turned back on it said it needed my bitlocker recovery key.Fine. I had done this before.The big problem is when I log into my mircosoft account on my phone, the page says "something happened, try again...
  5. Bitlocker Recovery Key page not working

Bitlocker Recovery Key page not working: I restarted my laptop, just because I hadn't in a while, and when it turned back on it said it needed my bitlocker recovery key.Fine. I had done this before.The big problem is when I log into my mircosoft account on my phone, the page says "something happened, try again...
  6. Please explain Bitlocker Recovery Keys web page

Please explain Bitlocker Recovery Keys web page: How do I delete old Bitlocker keys from my Microsoft account? It's simple in the cases where the key is listed with the Netbios name of a computer I've retired. But I have four different keys listed for the same Netbios name of a computer still in use and five keys with vague...
  7. BitLocker recovery key page broken?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BitLocker recovery key page broken?: I'm trying to get at a BitLocker recovery key, saved to my Microsoft account.When I follow the link to https://account.microsoft.com/devices/recoverykey from...
  8. BitLocker recovery key page broken?

BitLocker recovery key page broken?: I'm trying to get at a BitLocker recovery key, saved to my Microsoft account.When I follow the link to https://account.microsoft.com/devices/recoverykey from...
  9. BitLocker Recovery Key Page Not Responsive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BitLocker Recovery Key Page Not Responsive: Hello, I'm in the process of finding my Bitlocker Recovery key by going to: My Microsoft Account > Devices > Dell Inspiron My Device that needs Bitlocker Recovery Key > View Details > Bitlocker data protection > Manage Recovery Keys and it takes me to a blank page that says:...
  10. BitLocker Recovery Key Page Not Responsive

BitLocker Recovery Key Page Not Responsive: Hello, I'm in the process of finding my Bitlocker Recovery key by going to: My Microsoft Account > Devices > Dell Inspiron My Device that needs Bitlocker Recovery Key > View Details > Bitlocker data protection > Manage Recovery Keys and it takes me to a blank page that says:...