Windows 10: Please explain browser CPU usage

Discus and support Please explain browser CPU usage in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I am quite sensitive to my computer sounds, and after my latest build which has onboard graphics, I notice increased CPU fan speed when going to... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Horsepower, Mar 11, 2017.

1. Please explain browser CPU usage

I am quite sensitive to my computer sounds, and after my latest build which has onboard graphics, I notice increased CPU fan speed when going to complex websites (example Toms Hardware). This seems to be different in IE, Edge, and Firefox. All of my previous builds had expensive video cards. Can someone explain or guide me to the browser with the least overhead? Thank you,

:)

Horsepower, Mar 11, 2017

2. After Update to windows 10 (1709 version), My laptop is lagging so much. Laptop model: Acer Predator helios 300

After the update, your CPU usage can be high for some time, making the system lag and feel slow. I explain how to check for this issue here: High CPU Usage in
    Windows 10
    . That also explains what you can do about it.

Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], Mar 11, 2017
  3. Edge and Internet Explorer has Memory leak on websites with Flash

To isolate this concern, can you please send us a screenshot with the CPU usage when you are using a browser? Please make sure that you remove all the personal identifiable information.

Charianne Per, Mar 11, 2017
  4. Please explain browser CPU usage

All browsers use GPU acceleration, but even if you disable it, they will just use CPU instead.

For starters make sure, you have flash/HTML5 blocker. Videos can be quite demanding.

FlashStopper :: Add-ons for Firefox

TairikuOkami, Mar 11, 2017
Thema:

Please explain browser CPU usage

1. Please explain browser CPU usage - Similar Threads - Please explain browser

2. kernel error code explained please

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    kernel error code explained please: Problem Event Name: LiveKernelEvent Code: 141 Parameter 1: ffff900afdf6b010 Parameter 2: fffff8001e200714 Parameter 3: 0 Parameter 4: 2914 OS version: 10_0_18362 Service Pack: 0_0 Product: 256_1 OS Version: 10.0.18362.2.0.0.256.48 Locale ID: 3081...
  3. can someone explain this please

in Windows 10 Customization
    can someone explain this please: I set my folder views to a certain view: details, group by type and sort by date modified. Why is it I can hit the apply to all folders button this view, all my folders look the same, I can literally open and close the folder and it has the same view, I can do this everyday...
  4. Memory usages explained

Memory usages explained: I was running Windows 10 with 12gb, using about 70 to 80% of memory. I upgraded my memory to 24gb and still using 70 to 80% of memory. Can this be explained? I would not though memory usage would be so aggressive in Windows 10....
  5. Please explain microsoft accounts...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Please explain microsoft accounts...: My wife has been having problems all week because of microsoft accounts...I haven't been much help, because I have discovered in the process that I really do not understand them. Searches of this site have not been explanatory and internet searches have only provided basic...
  6. CPU and Memory usage

CPU and Memory usage: Hello. I've been using Windows 10 for quite some while and it was fanrtastic, but my PC started to get slower and slower every day. I decided to check Task Manager and I saw that the CPU usage was at 100% and the Memory usage was at 80%. I did a quick clean to my components...
  7. WIN 10 and Chrome browser - Excessive memory and CPU usage

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    WIN 10 and Chrome browser - Excessive memory and CPU usage: I'd report the activity to Yahoo and let them deal with it. You could try the No Coin extension just to see if a miner has infiltrated Yahoo. You might also disable Flash on Yahoo.com and do not allow Javascript to run on Yahoo.com. (Within content settings of Chrome)
  8. High CPU usage

High CPU usage: Hi All, Running Windows 10 Pro x64 Just noticed a lot of lag on my online game when I was logging into it. I closed it and noticed my computer was slow responding. I opened Task Manager to see CPU was 90% I looked to see what was causing this and did notice the Service...
  9. Excessive CPU Usage with Browser(s)

Excessive CPU Usage with Browser(s): Hello all, I recently purchased new a Lenovo Flex 3 1130 (80LY), 2 in 1 laptop. I'm aware it's a entry level machine and it's purpose is primarily just for school. Definitly not going to run my server.....lol. Everything is as expected with the machine except the CPU...
  10. CPU Usage

CPU Usage: I have found that my CPU usage is running at 30%, due to Service Host: Local System (15). I have the list of the 15 processes, but how do I find which one is using all the power? Thank You [img] 26177