Windows 10: Please explain browser CPU usage

Discus and support Please explain browser CPU usage in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I am quite sensitive to my computer sounds, and after my latest build which has onboard graphics, I notice increased CPU fan speed when going to... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Horsepower, Mar 11, 2017.

1. Please explain browser CPU usage

I am quite sensitive to my computer sounds, and after my latest build which has onboard graphics, I notice increased CPU fan speed when going to complex websites (example Toms Hardware). This seems to be different in IE, Edge, and Firefox. All of my previous builds had expensive video cards. Can someone explain or guide me to the browser with the least overhead? Thank you,

:)

Horsepower, Mar 11, 2017

2. After Update to windows 10 (1709 version), My laptop is lagging so much. Laptop model: Acer Predator helios 300

After the update, your CPU usage can be high for some time, making the system lag and feel slow. I explain how to check for this issue here: High CPU Usage in
    Windows 10
    . That also explains what you can do about it.

Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], Mar 11, 2017
  3. Edge and Internet Explorer has Memory leak on websites with Flash

To isolate this concern, can you please send us a screenshot with the CPU usage when you are using a browser? Please make sure that you remove all the personal identifiable information.

Charianne Per, Mar 11, 2017
  4. Please explain browser CPU usage

All browsers use GPU acceleration, but even if you disable it, they will just use CPU instead.

For starters make sure, you have flash/HTML5 blocker. Videos can be quite demanding.

FlashStopper :: Add-ons for Firefox

TairikuOkami, Mar 11, 2017
Thema:

Please explain browser CPU usage

1. Please explain browser CPU usage - Similar Threads - Please explain browser

2. Please explain!

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Please explain!: Can someone please explain to me if the "New PC MANAGER" is available or not? I have been told it has been removed from the Microsoft store! Some links divert you to the "Store" even though a message pops up "This app isn't verified". It then shows you the app in the store...
  3. Please explain!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Please explain!: Can someone please explain to me if the "New PC MANAGER" is available or not? I have been told it has been removed from the Microsoft store! Some links divert you to the "Store" even though a message pops up "This app isn't verified". It then shows you the app in the store...
  4. Please explain!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Browsers 2 digit cpu usage

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Browsers 2 digit cpu usage: Hello,my browsers Microsoft edge and chrome both peak in cpu usage after I refresh current page or load a new one I already tried removing extensionboth have the same : adguarge and i tried clearing the cache in both but it doesn't seem to work....
  6. Browsers 2 digit cpu usage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Browsers 2 digit cpu usage: Hello,my browsers Microsoft edge and chrome both peak in cpu usage after I refresh current page or load a new one I already tried removing extensionboth have the same : adguarge and i tried clearing the cache in both but it doesn't seem to work....
  7. Browsers 2 digit cpu usage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Explain this please

in Windows 10 Customization
    Explain this please: So this happened on my pc. I'm not sure what happened but it is confusing me alot.[ATTACH] Also, the wifi is on. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/explain-this-please/1bd87af2-1e76-461d-9619-c8bfe7c4b18d
  9. Memory usages explained

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Memory usages explained: I was running Windows 10 with 12gb, using about 70 to 80% of memory. I upgraded my memory to 24gb and still using 70 to 80% of memory. Can this be explained? I would not though memory usage would be so aggressive in Windows 10....
  10. Excessive CPU Usage with Browser(s)

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Excessive CPU Usage with Browser(s): Hello all, I recently purchased new a Lenovo Flex 3 1130 (80LY), 2 in 1 laptop. I'm aware it's a entry level machine and it's purpose is primarily just for school. Definitly not going to run my server.....lol. Everything is as expected with the machine except the CPU...