Windows 10: Please explain microsoft accounts...

Discus and support Please explain microsoft accounts... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My wife has been having problems all week because of microsoft accounts...I haven't been much help, because I have discovered in the process that I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by GlennHawkes, Oct 10, 2018.

1. Please explain microsoft accounts...

My wife has been having problems all week because of microsoft accounts...I haven't been much help, because I have discovered in the process that I really do not understand them. Searches of this site have not been explanatory and internet searches have only provided basic info that we've both known for many years.
    I was under the impression that there was ONE account that microsoft verified online when you sign in (unlike w/XP). When her computer quit for a time she attempted to sign in on 2 other computers on which she has an account. Neither would accept her password which was known correct...That was our first clue.
    When she got her laptop going again, her password worked fine. But she is forever unable to get into the other computers as the passwords are unknown.
    While puzzling over this issue, another arose. She wanted to change a setting in Outlook and they asked for her password. A "saved" password was already on the screen. Thinking they wanted the one she signs into the computer with, we entered that one and it was rejected. So we tried again with the password that came up automatically. It was rejected also (could not find it in the saved passwords on Chrome, in fact NO microsoft PWs were there).
    Next they wanted to send her a security code but to an out-of-date email. So she went thru the process to change the email.
    But in the process of doing that they again wanted an MS password. Somehow we got by that one, dealt with a series of security emails that were now forwarded to it (the result of US trying to get in). But when she was done...NO CODE.
    So we went back to the Outlook page only to find no place to put a code, but another request for a password which we could not solve. So now she is locked out of Outlook, with a notice that she should try again YESTERDAY...??????????
    I am utterly baffled to what they are thinking or how to solve this. But I think the key is in understanding MS accounts/passwords which I obviously DO NOT. Every MS "enter password" is identical but apparently they all want different PWs and we have no way of knowing which ones they want, and even so, since we thought there was only ONE PW, we know none of them, not written down anywhere.
    How am I to make sense of this? Any help would be appreciated.

:)

GlennHawkes, Oct 10, 2018
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Oct 10, 2018
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Oct 10, 2018
  4. Addie Win User

Please explain microsoft accounts...

Cannot link/add my Microsoft Account to Local Account

Hello Ken,

Im using Win10 Build 1607 with all latest update.

I also run all related troubleshooters:
    • Windows Update
    • Store Apps (says i have to login in my microsoft account but thats the problem, i can't)
    • Microsoft Accounts

No Problem found. Also the suggestions from Microsoft didnt helped.

Addie, Oct 10, 2018
Thema:

Please explain microsoft accounts...

1. Please explain microsoft accounts... - Similar Threads - Please explain microsoft

2. Please explain!

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Please explain!: Can someone please explain to me if the "New PC MANAGER" is available or not? I have been told it has been removed from the Microsoft store! Some links divert you to the "Store" even though a message pops up "This app isn't verified". It then shows you the app in the store...
  3. Please explain!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Please explain!: Can someone please explain to me if the "New PC MANAGER" is available or not? I have been told it has been removed from the Microsoft store! Some links divert you to the "Store" even though a message pops up "This app isn't verified". It then shows you the app in the store...
  4. Please explain!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. can anyone please explain this?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    can anyone please explain this?: can anyone please explain to me about this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-anyone-please-explain-this/6665b138-9d21-4899-9c97-419be5e99748
  6. can anyone please explain this?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    can anyone please explain this?: can anyone please explain to me about this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-anyone-please-explain-this/6665b138-9d21-4899-9c97-419be5e99748
  7. can anyone please explain this?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. Explain this please

in Windows 10 Customization
    Explain this please: So this happened on my pc. I'm not sure what happened but it is confusing me alot.[ATTACH] Also, the wifi is on. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/explain-this-please/1bd87af2-1e76-461d-9619-c8bfe7c4b18d
  9. Help, please? The picture explains it.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help, please? The picture explains it.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/officialkevinthecube [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/efyahg/help_please_the_picture_explains_it/
  10. can someone explain this please

in Windows 10 Customization
    can someone explain this please: I set my folder views to a certain view: details, group by type and sort by date modified. Why is it I can hit the apply to all folders button this view, all my folders look the same, I can literally open and close the folder and it has the same view, I can do this everyday...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. please explain windows accounts