Windows 10: Please Explain This Google Account Security Check Thing I Don't Understand

Discus and support Please Explain This Google Account Security Check Thing I Don't Understand in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; someone please say you know what this means - i have only one PC and it is not synced with my phone, therefore I have only one device.In my google... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by bigfishsales, Dec 11, 2022.

1. Please Explain This Google Account Security Check Thing I Don't Understand

someone please say you know what this means - i have only one PC and it is not synced with my phone, therefore I have only one device.In my google account security settings it shows this....what to they mean by I "haven't used Google on Windows in 70 days"? I ONLY use windows 10 and only ever sign in to google through windows chrome browser using my one PC device. thanks - i got locked out of my account and have been the past hour dealing with it.

:)

bigfishsales, Dec 11, 2022
  2. Brink Win User

Google strengthening 2-Step Verification for Google account

Source: https://gsuiteupdates.googleblog.com...e-prompts.html

Brink, Dec 11, 2022
  3. Dave xxx Win User
    Google account - but cannot find Google group

I have a Google account but cannot find a Google group to which I have been added to a mailing list - it seems absurdly difficult to resolve. Any suggestions welcome.

Dave xxx, Dec 11, 2022
  4. Please Explain This Google Account Security Check Thing I Don't Understand

Gmail account error 0x8007042b. error appears just after clicking add account>google

Hi Sourav,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and appreciate you for being a part of Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing in adding the Google account on Windows 10. Do not worry we will help you with this issue.

Provide us below information to assist you better:

• Do confirm to us if you are trying to add the account on Mail app?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you have tried to resolve the issue?
    • Is this issue specific only to Google account?
    • Are you able to add any other account on Mail app?

If you are facing issues with Mail app, I suggest you to try the below troubleshooting steps if not yet tried and check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to try to add different account and check if the issue persists.

This will let us know if the issue is with Google account or Mail app.

Method 2: I suggest you to run the
    Windows Store Apps troubleshooter as it troubleshoots problems that may prevent Windows Store Apps from working correctly.

Refer: Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps

Method 3: I suggest you to install all the pending Windows Updates on your device and check if it helps.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type
      updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on
      Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Get back to us with the required information and updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Dec 11, 2022
Thema:

Please Explain This Google Account Security Check Thing I Don't Understand

1. Please Explain This Google Account Security Check Thing I Don't Understand - Similar Threads - Please Explain Google

2. Please Explain This Google Account Security Check Thing I Don't Understand

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Please Explain This Google Account Security Check Thing I Don't Understand: someone please say you know what this means - i have only one PC and it is not synced with my phone, therefore I have only one device.In my google account security settings it shows this....what to they mean by I "haven't used Google on Windows in 70 days"? I ONLY use windows...
  3. A Question re: a 'GOOGLE RESTRICTION' I don't understand; haven't a Google account.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A Question re: a 'GOOGLE RESTRICTION' I don't understand; haven't a Google account.: No HARM intended here; Just have a question I do NOT understand RE: the 'WHY' of my Query is; Having this NEW Desktop, Microsoft Office & Edge as browser, And Yahoo EMAIL, when I'm online @ church and try 'subscribing' to MY CHURCH mailing & activities, GOOGLE stops me UNLESS...
  4. A Question re: a 'GOOGLE RESTRICTION' I don't understand; haven't a Google account.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    A Question re: a 'GOOGLE RESTRICTION' I don't understand; haven't a Google account.: No HARM intended here; Just have a question I do NOT understand RE: the 'WHY' of my Query is; Having this NEW Desktop, Microsoft Office & Edge as browser, And Yahoo EMAIL, when I'm online @ church and try 'subscribing' to MY CHURCH mailing & activities, GOOGLE stops me UNLESS...
  5. Message I Don't Understand

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Message I Don't Understand: I recently began getting this message, it pops up every few minutes. I already tried updating to windows 11 to see if that resolved it, but it didn't. Any idea as to how I can get this to stop showing up?? If it's any help, though I doubt it's related, I downloaded the...
  6. I don't understand this . . .

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I don't understand this . . .: Lately I've been having trouble, staying on the internet?When I turn it on, from being completely off.It says no internet. I have a Wi-Fi code, to get online.So I go look, for available Networks. Then I'm connected.My computer's a Dell laptop, running Windows 10.I had my...
  7. Explain this please

in Windows 10 Customization
    Explain this please: So this happened on my pc. I'm not sure what happened but it is confusing me alot.[ATTACH] Also, the wifi is on. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/explain-this-please/1bd87af2-1e76-461d-9619-c8bfe7c4b18d
  8. I don't understand this . . .

I don't understand this . . .: This a little, off subject. I do get to this Forum, on a computer, running Windows 10 That, should count, I guess? I'm a Kansas City Chiefs fan. I live near Kansas City. I watched Superbowl 54, live. The link below, will show you almost the whole game. But, the strangest...
  9. Please explain microsoft accounts...

Please explain microsoft accounts...: My wife has been having problems all week because of microsoft accounts...I haven't been much help, because I have discovered in the process that I really do not understand them. Searches of this site have not been explanatory and internet searches have only provided basic...
  10. I just don't understand lots of things and have couple of questions.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I just don't understand lots of things and have couple of questions.: I have Laptop from 2010 which came with Windows 7 Home Premium (x64). It was OEM version. I bought a key and once upgraded to Windows 8 Pro before. (It was not OEM anymore after upgrade) But when I heard Windows 10 is going to be released and all free to upgrade from...