Windows 10: Please explain this picture about upgrading to 64 bit OS.....

Discus and support Please explain this picture about upgrading to 64 bit OS..... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I wish to upgrade my windows 10 pro 32 bit to windows 10 pro 64 bit OS. My PC is currently running 1903 windows 10 pro 32 bit. I have doubts about... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JJP.1, Sep 20, 2019.

1. JJP.1 Win User

Please explain this picture about upgrading to 64 bit OS.....

I wish to upgrade my windows 10 pro 32 bit to windows 10 pro 64 bit OS.

My PC is currently running 1903 windows 10 pro 32 bit.

I have doubts about this picture.

If I select first step, what will happen??????

If I select second step, what will happen????

Many are telling you should select second option.(advanced)

If I select it, can I keep my office files?????

Which option should I select to upgrade my desktop to 64 bit OS????????

also I need my office files......

Please explain me in a elaborate way.........

Please explain this picture about upgrading to 64 bit OS..... 9f654aa4-b504-43ad-aeaa-cc60cf4c2f5d?upload=true.jpg

:)

JJP.1, Sep 20, 2019
  2. pepoluan Win User

Windows 10 Upgrade 32-bit to 64-bit

So, Windows 10 Upgrade is being rolled out worldwide, and I have 'reserved' my upgrade.

Currently my computer is running Windows 7 Pro 32-bit. I'm planning to 'upgrade' it to Windows 10 64-bit (via fresh install, of course).

After reading many references, these will be the steps I'll do:

1. Let the "Get Windows 10" app upgrade my OS to Windows 10 32-bit
    2. Note the activation key
    3. Download the Installation Media for Windows 10, but choosing 64-bit instead
    4. Perform a clean install
    5. Reactivate using the activation key in Step #2

(Of course I'll backup my data first.)

However, I still have some questions:

1. On Windows 7, the activation key does not differ between 32- or 64-bit versions. Is it still so with Windows 10?
    2. Will I be able to download a different architecture on Step #3?
    3. Is there anything I need to prepare beforehand?

Thank you for your assistance.

pepoluan, Sep 20, 2019
  3. OS upgrade from 32 bit to 64 bit

Hi,

I have win 7 Home basic 32 bit license copy installed on desktop system, need to upgrade OS as win 7 Home basic 64 Bit,

Please suggest for the same

Reagrds

Santoshi

santoshijagtap, Sep 20, 2019
  4. JJP.1 Win User

How to upgrade from 32 bit to 64 bit OS????????

My desktop had windows 10 pro installed.

But it is 32 bit OS.

My processor is X64 capable.....

I want to upgrade from 32 bit to 64 bit OS with the same product key for 32 bit......

What should I do?????

Please explain me detail..............

JJP.1, Sep 20, 2019
Thema:

1. Please explain this picture about upgrading to 64 bit OS..... - Similar Threads - Please explain picture

2. Upgrade to 64 bit

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrade to 64 bit: IS THERE A WAY TO UPGRADE 64 BIT WITHOUT NO LOSING DATA? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrade-to-64-bit/6e6434b8-2747-40d9-a0c1-c7a24feef665
  3. Help, please? The picture explains it.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help, please? The picture explains it.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/officialkevinthecube [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/efyahg/help_please_the_picture_explains_it/
  4. Is 64 bit OS useful??????.

Is 64 bit OS useful??????.: Independent of ram, Installing 64 bit OS is useful or not????? Some are saying that installing 64 bit OS is not much useful. As it uses double amount of data than 32 bit. Even we have more than 4 GB ram like 6 GB ram, they are telling that it doesn't improve much...
  5. About 64 bit OS??????

About 64 bit OS??????: My motherboard : Asus. Model:P5QPL-AM. My OS:windows 10 pro 1903. Architecture:32 bit. Currently I have ram:2 GB. If I buy a 4 GB ram and make it 6 GB, Now, is 64 bit OS is useful than 32 bit???? If I buy 2 GB ram and make it 4 GB ram, Now, is 64 bit OS...
  6. is there a microsoft picture it in 64 bit?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    is there a microsoft picture it in 64 bit?: is there a Microsoft picture it in 64 bit? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-there-a-microsoft-picture-it-in-64-bit/20e5aa5d-bd04-4003-9c70-e9b542cd7277
  7. How to upgrade from 32 bit to 64 bit OS????????

How to upgrade from 32 bit to 64 bit OS????????: My desktop had windows 10 pro installed. But it is 32 bit OS. My processor is X64 capable..... I want to upgrade from 32 bit to 64 bit OS with the same product key for 32 bit...... What should I do????? Please explain me detail.................
  8. Windows 64 bit OS

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 64 bit OS: Running Windows 10 Pro on an Asus notebook. System information shows the system as a 64 bit OS with an x64-based processor. However, when I open the CMD prompt the system is shown as C:\WINDOWS\system32 On drive C: > WINDOWS there is a folder System32 I upgraded from...
  9. Upgrading my computer to a 64 bit os,

Upgrading my computer to a 64 bit os,: In trying to upgrade my computer to a 64 bit os, I downloaded the Microsoft Win 10 Download tool. I created the installatio media with both a USB flash drive as well as a DVD. Each time I tried to do the installation it went to the 32bit os even though I had checked the 64bit...
  10. Is it worth upgrading to 64-bit OS?

Is it worth upgrading to 64-bit OS?: I basically have an old Lenovo laptop (Intel Core 2 Duo CPU P8700 2.53GHz and only 3GB RAM), and it's upgraded to the latest 1607 Windows version. However, it's only 32-bit when my processor is 64-bit based. I can't really be arsed to have to wipe everything to switch over to...