Windows 10: Please fix sticky corners in Windows 10

Discus and support Please fix sticky corners in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Please fix sticky corners in Windows 10. My mouse is constantly getting stuck in the corner of the screen when attempting to navigate between multiple... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by William_3rd, Mar 11, 2019.

1. Please fix sticky corners in Windows 10

Please fix sticky corners in Windows 10. My mouse is constantly getting stuck in the corner of the screen when attempting to navigate between multiple monitors, often resulting in me closing out of a program without meaning to.

:)

William_3rd, Mar 11, 2019
  2. DJV
    djv Win User

How to disable sticky corners in Windows 10

It seems Microsoft has tried to solve this problem Multi-monitors and the corners of the screen.

In Windows 7, there is no boundary between monitors and the mouse can move freely across the top of the screen between my 3 monitors, provided I had set their heights equal in display settings. Windows 8 introduced sticky corners. See this question.

Windows 10 got sticky corners as well. There are a few pixels at the top corners of each display where the mouse cannot cross over onto the other display. One must move the cursor down to avoid this region in order to get to the next display.

The image shows roughly the region where mouse movement is not permitted in Windows 10, but is allowed in Windows 7.

Please fix sticky corners in Windows 10 RxDz4.png

Personally, I had no problem with unrestricted mouse movement across the top of my screens - I got used to "aiming" for the x, and the convenience of unrestricted cursor movement. Like all the people who wanted to disable it in W8, I'm wondering if there is a way to disable it in W10.

Edit to address possible duplicate:

Although the problem is identical to the one in this question, solutions to solve the problem in W8 involving editing the registry key MouseCornerClipLength do not work in W10, since that registry key is not present in W10. Also adding that key and setting the value doesn't work. I searched the entire registry and couldn't find it in another location. No other W10 keys in the node referenced in the W8 solution are obvious replacements.

Edit to address possible solutions in comments

harrymc's suggestion 1 and suggestion 2 that worked for for Windows 8.1 do not work in Windows 10.

3. Calignos Win User
    Disabling 'Sticky Corners'?

Edited:
    I've done some looking up on what the issue is, and I believe that it's something commonly referred to as "sticky corners". There is a few pixels space on the bottom and top of the screen (between both monitors) which does not allow mouse movement from one screen to the other. To get the mouse to the other screen, I need to drag the mouse down about a centimeter and then it moves across to the equal position on the other screen (not the very top, meaning that it's not a scaling issue). I drag windows around constantly, and they keep getting stuck in the top or bottom of the screen, and it's quite distracting.

Please fix sticky corners in Windows 10 [​IMG]

As you see in the screenshot that I've attached, the small red line is where the mouse simply refuses to move across, regardless of the speed of the mouse.

This was apparently a feature in Windows 8.1 as well, which there was a solution for by messing around in the registry editor, however this is no longer the case in Windows 10 (the files which used to be edited are no longer there in 10).

Any suggestions on how to disable these "sticky corners" would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Calignos, Mar 11, 2019
  4. Please fix sticky corners in Windows 10

sticky corners

I'm using a Windows 10 PC with dual monitors. The sticky corners need to go. How do I get rid of them?

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Performance & system failures

DavidSchultenover, Mar 11, 2019
Thema:

Please fix sticky corners in Windows 10

1. Please fix sticky corners in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Please fix sticky

2. Sticky corners in Windows 10 is still a problem since 2015. Please fix!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sticky corners in Windows 10 is still a problem since 2015. Please fix!: Hi there!Many users are still waiting for a way to disable this useless feature that does more harm than good.https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-disable-sticky-corners-in-windows-10/cb077f2d-920f-4f51-8e61-28578ab31ec9?page=30This is a request from...
  3. Sticky corners in Windows 10 is still a problem since 2015. Please fix!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sticky corners in Windows 10 is still a problem since 2015. Please fix!: Hi there!Many users are still waiting for a way to disable this useless feature that does more harm than good.https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-disable-sticky-corners-in-windows-10/cb077f2d-920f-4f51-8e61-28578ab31ec9?page=30This is a request from...
  4. Multi-monitors, sticky corners

in Windows 10 Customization
    Multi-monitors, sticky corners: Hello: I have three monitors, the middle one portrait. I encounter what is described as "sticky corners". I have tried to enter Non-Stick Mouse - http://www.jawfin.net but I get warned by Norton that it is a known dangerous site. So, is it an okay site, or is there any...
  5. Sticky corners, multiple monitors. WINDOWS 10

Sticky corners, multiple monitors. WINDOWS 10: Greetings, Dippy Doos at Microsoft. I am having this problem: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/insider/forum/insider_wintp-insider_personal/how-to-disable-sticky-corners-in-windows-10/cb077f2d-920f-4f51-8e61-28578ab31ec9 You have not adequately helped the person in...
  6. Windows 10 Sticky Corners

Windows 10 Sticky Corners: Problem: When using extended displays, the corners adjacent to an extended monitor have a ~6 pixel wall that will block your cursor from traversing the border. [ATTACH] Placing your cursor in the red areas and trying to cross the border to the adjacent monitor fails. On a...
  7. Disable sticky corners

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Disable sticky corners: So I've been trying to google around for a solution to the annoying sticky corners I'm experiencing while on a multi-monitor setup. I have turned off window snapping, but there are still a few pixels at the top and bottom of BOTH monitors (so they are not misaligned and they...
  8. Please disable Windows 10 Sticky Corners

Please disable Windows 10 Sticky Corners: When moving between multiple monitors on Windows 10, there's a 6 pixel 'sticky corner' where my mouse gets stuck on the corners of the screen instead of advancing to the next monitor. How can I disable Sticky Corners in Windows 10? I've disconnected my other monitors at...
  9. Please fix Sticky Corners!

Please fix Sticky Corners!: Please fix the sticky corners issues when using multiple monitors. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/please-fix-sticky-corners/51a2cf98-023d-41ab-a815-88473835efc2
  10. Disabling 'Sticky Corners'?

in Windows 10 Support
    Disabling 'Sticky Corners'?: Edited: I've done some looking up on what the issue is, and I believe that it's something commonly referred to as "sticky corners". There is a few pixels space on the bottom and top of the screen (between both monitors) which does not allow mouse movement from one screen to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Sticky corners windows 10

2. windows 10 sticky corners disable