Windows 10: Please FIX the "Account Picture Error" bug

Discus and support Please FIX the "Account Picture Error" bug in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; There are millions of threads on the web on how to fix this problem, but I really don't want to spend hours reading through them, trying to edit... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by JamesZzzz, Nov 26, 2018.

1. JamesZzzz Win User

Please FIX the "Account Picture Error" bug

There are millions of threads on the web on how to fix this problem, but I really don't want to spend hours reading through them, trying to edit registry, take ownership of system folders, running power shell scripts, creating and recreate new accounts, linking them up to my outlook.com account and etc. I have better things to do then trying to go around your bug.

Yes, this is not a critical problem where vulnerabilities will allow hackers to get into my system. However, every time I click on the screen to log in, I see this big grey round circle. First thing comes to mind is "Microsoft bug", "terrible QA", "why cant this thing run like a Mac, or Ubuntu", "why doesn't just work", "why they need to bury something so simple and public facing under so much security?", "why cant they just fix it?"

Really, just Fix it.

:)

JamesZzzz, Nov 26, 2018

2. Unable to change account picture, error: Account picture error, Setting the account picture failed

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As you are unable to change the profile picture on Windows 10, please do let us know how exactly you are trying to change it.

I suggest you to try the below and check if it helps to change the profile picture.

Steps:

• Log-in with administrator account.

• Go to system root drive on which
      Windows is installed currently, that is usually C: drive.

• Click on View
      in the title bar, then check the Hidden items. Now click the
      ProgramData folder.

• Navigate to Microsoft\User Account Pictures.

• In the User Accounts Pictures folder, you’ll see the default user account pictures. You’ll just need to replace these pictures with your desired picture for user account.

• Manipulate your desired image for user account picture in the same format and same size and
      replace the default ones.

• Now reboot the system and you’ll be able to get your desired image as user account picture.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue and required information, we will be happy to assist you further.

Deepika Gowda, Nov 26, 2018
  3. enso Win User
    Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

4. Please FIX the "Account Picture Error" bug

Logon Screen Account Picture - Windows 10 Anniversary Upgrade

Hi Orion,

Just to clarify, Are you able to view picture in Settings >Accounts?

If you are unable to view account picture

I suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.

• Type Settings in the search bar.
    • Click on Accounts and Under Your picture.
    • Click on Browse and set profile picture.
    And check if the issue persist.

Hope the above information was helpful. If you need further assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Ashwin V S, Nov 26, 2018
Thema:

Please FIX the "Account Picture Error" bug

1. Please FIX the "Account Picture Error" bug - Similar Threads - Please FIX Account

2. A WEIRD BUG PLEASE FIX ASAP

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A WEIRD BUG PLEASE FIX ASAP: I don't know if you guys gonna listen, but I have been a Windows machine but the weird bugs make me leave let me enlighten you with a trash weird bug that happens when you open "Adobe Illustrator" and your mouse cursor disappears first I thought it must be my mouse problem...
  3. A WEIRD BUG PLEASE FIX ASAP

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    A WEIRD BUG PLEASE FIX ASAP: I don't know if you guys gonna listen, but I have been a Windows machine but the weird bugs make me leave let me enlighten you with a trash weird bug that happens when you open "Adobe Illustrator" and your mouse cursor disappears first I thought it must be my mouse problem...
  4. Account picture error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Account picture error: When I tried to change the picture on my desktop Settings > Accounts > Your Info, this error message appeared, and I could not find a solution to it.May I also ask how to change the name in Settings > Accounts > Your Info as well?...
  5. How Can I Fix "Account Picture Error" ???

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How Can I Fix "Account Picture Error" ???: Hi Community, As you see I can't change my account picture because of this error.I tried all the methods I found on sites but there was no result, Because in all of them I had to go to "C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Default Account Pictures" and do something with bmp and ......
  6. How Can I Fix "Account Picture Error" ???

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How Can I Fix "Account Picture Error" ???: Hi Community, As you see I can't change my account picture because of this error.I tried all the methods I found on sites but there was no result, Because in all of them I had to go to "C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Default Account Pictures" and do something with bmp and ......
  7. How Can I Fix "Account Picture Error" ???

8. Fix account picture error this picture couldn't be saved

in Windows 10 Customization
    Fix account picture error this picture couldn't be saved: After changing the profile picture in the window, it says account picture error this picture couldn't be saved [ATTACH] Note: Moved from Microsoft TH support / Microsoft SEA...
  9. Account Picture Error

in Windows 10 Customization
    Account Picture Error: Hello, When I attempt to change my Account picture it display "Account picture error This picture couldn't be saved Error code: 0xcaa100d5" Please advise how to fix this. Than you in advance....
  10. Fix Account Bug

Fix Account Bug: Hi I am repeatedly asked to fix my Outlook mail accounts. This goes away for a while when I type in my Pin, but its annoying and pointless, how do I stop it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fix-account-bug/f02a4575-a91d-411d-8930-fde6e7c60f03

Users found this page by searching for:

1. window 10 cant sent an account picture

2. Laptop accout picture setting error problem how solve_?

3. account picture error

4. Account picture error fix in window 10,
  5. setting the account picture failed windows 10,
  6. windows 10 your info picture error