Windows 10: Please fix "We need to fix your Microsoft account"

Discus and support Please fix "We need to fix your Microsoft account" in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Dear Microsoft, Please fix the notification error "We need to fix your Microsoft account". I have done all I can based on previous posts & advice,... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by JaxomThorne, Mar 10, 2020.

1. Please fix "We need to fix your Microsoft account"

Dear Microsoft,

Please fix the notification error "We need to fix your Microsoft account".

I have done all I can based on previous posts & advice, and it ultimately those have not worked.

Despite disabling "shared experience" thing, skype, etc, the only other thing is the onedrive/cloud thing which says it's "up to date".

So obviously a Windows update has somehow thrown a spanner in the works... please remove the spanner so everything goes back to normal - thanks :

BTW: I wouldn't mind, except a notification pops up every now and then, and takes quite a while before it disappears. clicking the "fix" and re-logging into my account has proven pointless in fixing the error - it just re-appears the next time I log into Windows.

I suspect it maybe a timing issue - EG: Windows is trying to log me into something before it has loaded or recognizes the internet connection exists - during the Windows startup/loading process.

Many thanks.

:)

JaxomThorne, Mar 10, 2020
  2. Mark Isi Win User

"Fix" Microsoft Account (?)

Hello,

There may be a number of reasons for this type of issue to occur. To further assess on this, kindly provide answers to the following information:

• When did this issue start to occur?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you have done so far?
    • Are you logging in to your PC using a local account, or a Microsoft account?
    • Did you make any changes on the settings of your PC prior to the issue?
    Please advise. We'll keep an eye out to your response.

Mark Isi, Mar 10, 2020
  3. Action Center: Settings: Microsoft Account: You need to fix your Microsoft Account

Hi,

We would like to know more about the issue.

• Did you make any changes before the issue started?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done on your end?
    • Have you tried running the Microsoft Accounts Troubleshooter? If no, kindly check this

link
      . It's an automated tool that can find and fix some common problems with the Microsoft account.
    We look forward to your reply.

Nathaniel Mon, Mar 10, 2020
  4. Please fix "We need to fix your Microsoft account"

Need to fix Microsoft Account ?

Hello Kevan,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Please provide some additional information, so that we can assist you better.

Have you made any recent changes on your Microsoft account?

I would suggest you to follow below mentioned Methods and see if that helps.

Method 1:
    Microsoft account Troubleshooter:

The Microsoft Account Troubleshooter scans for issues and repairs problems that are found in relation to your Microsoft Account.

Download the Microsoft troubleshooter

Method 2: Sometimes the ‘You need to fix your Microsoft account message occurs because your identity isn’t verified on your PC’.

Open Settings application>Accounts>your info>Click on
    Verify. Select the desired verification method and click on
    Next
    . You will get a confirmation code and enter the code to verify your account.

Method 3: Try switching the account to a local account and then back to a Microsoft account.

1. Press Windows key + I to open settings.
    2. Click Accounts > your email and accounts.
    3. Click "sign in with a local account instead" and follow the screen instructions to create the local account.
    4. Once you are signed in through a local account, repeat steps 1 and 2 and click "sign in with a Microsoft account instead".
    5. Enter your Microsoft account credentials during the setup.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking ‘Yes or No’.

Harish

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Harish_kum, Mar 10, 2020
Thema:

Please fix "We need to fix your Microsoft account"

1. Please fix "We need to fix your Microsoft account" - Similar Threads - Please fix need

2. "Microsoft account problem. We need to fix your Microsoft account" message

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Microsoft account problem. We need to fix your Microsoft account" message: Every other login I get this message. It tells me to go to Shared experiences to "fix it." How do I get rid of this message for good? After I input my pin again, it then will say "all accounts are working correctly," and everything is working fine after that. How do I get rid...
  3. we need to fix your Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    we need to fix your Microsoft account: I used to get this notification on Windows 10 - We need to fix your Microsoft account most likely you password changed. Select here to fix it in Shared experiences settings. - It used to get fixed by entering my pin to the "fix now" button, and would only recur on a reboot.I...
  4. we need to fix your Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    we need to fix your Microsoft account: I used to get this notification on Windows 10 - We need to fix your Microsoft account most likely you password changed. Select here to fix it in Shared experiences settings. - It used to get fixed by entering my pin to the "fix now" button, and would only recur on a reboot.I...
  5. We need to fix your account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    We need to fix your account: Myself, along with many others have long been plagued by this problem. 'We need to fix your Microsoft account'. There have been many suggestions for this, some seem to work, some don't. Surely this is a Microsoft problem so can they please 'fix' it....
  6. We need to fix your account bug

We need to fix your account bug: Within the past month I keep getting notifications from windows about needing to fix one of my accounts. It is the Microsoft account I am signed into windows with. I click the notification and it shows the Microsoft account is the problem and tells me that they need to...
  7. "We need to fix your Microsoft account"?

"We need to fix your Microsoft account"?: Every time I have been logged out like a router reset, I get this passive-aggressive "We need to fix your Microsoft account" message, every time I restart. I want that pestering to stop. And yes, I have long snce disabled "shared experienced" and such. It simply happens...
  8. We need to fix your Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    We need to fix your Microsoft Account: I have the following message come up on a day-day basis and the Microsoft Help desk or engineers seem unable to cure it. Can anyone help? Message reads "We need to fix your Microsoft Account most likely your password changed. Select here to fix in shared experiences...
  9. We need to fix your [non-extant] Microsoft account

We need to fix your [non-extant] Microsoft account: The following notification pops up every time I log in: "We need to fix your Microsoft account (most likely your password has changed). Select here to fix it in Shared experiences settings." When I click on the link, a defunct account appears. This account was deleted so...
  10. Microsoft account problem, We need you to fix your Microsoft account

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft account problem, We need you to fix your Microsoft account: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]When you go on to sign-in with your Microsoft account, Windows 10, sometimes throws up an error message reading – Microsoft account problem, We need you to fix your Microsoft account on Windows. There appears to be no specific reason [...] This post...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. microsoft account problem ... we need to fix your microsoft account (most likely your password has changed) Select here to fix it in Shared experience settings