Windows 10: Please, for the love of god, how do I disable the adaptive brightness setting that changes...

Discus and support Please, for the love of god, how do I disable the adaptive brightness setting that changes... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Please, please save me from this absolute goddamn nightmare. And no, I am NOT talking about typical adaptive brightness, where brightness levels... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/NeonAbomination, Mar 5, 2021.

1. Please, for the love of god, how do I disable the adaptive brightness setting that changes...

Please, please save me from this absolute goddamn nightmare.

And no, I am NOT talking about typical adaptive brightness, where brightness levels change depending on your physical environment. That is a totally different issue and has NOTHING to do with this one. Please, I'm so sick and tired of this answer. All the customer support I've tried for Intel and stuff doesn't understand, no matter how clear I make it.

I am talking SPECIFICALLY about the "feature" where, if your screen is primarily showing dark images, like, for example, a black square, or the dark mode of any program/site like youtube/discord, then the screen brightness will slowly, over several seconds, continue to dim itself, which is VERY noticable and can be seen with the naked eye with his the screen does a very slight flicker whilst it changes, and when you go to a program with a lot of white, like default youtube/microsoft word or whatever, it starts off dark, and then slowly starts becoming really bright again. Again, this has NOTHING to do with physical surrouding lighting. I... I just want things to remain bright.

I bought a new laptop recently, and no matter what I try, I can't seem to find a single answer online for how to actually fix this. Oh sure, solutions exist online, but they are mostly outdated and refer to software that isn't even in existance any more or doesn't exist on my machine (I do not even have an intel graphics control panel, only an intel hd command centre, which lacks any option to disable this "feature"), or ask me to do things like right click on the desktop and go into my graphics properties, which isn't even an option I have.

I thought it may have been an intel thing, since on my previous laptop that had an intel graphics control panel, I COULD disable this feature, but this new one with the intel HD command center seems to lack any such option, so who the hell knows what it could be. Maybe a windows thing, maybe an Nvidia thing, I'm just broken here.

I'm seriously at my wits end here. This is absolutely unbelievable. How can it be so goddamn difficult to disable this infuriating garbage? Reading stuff online and switching between different windows is extremely distracting, and gaming becomes a goddamn nightmare.

I beg of you, help me.

submitted by /u/NeonAbomination
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/NeonAbomination, Mar 5, 2021

2. Brightness keeps changing automatically. Adaptive brightness option is not there in the display options

My display brightness keeps changing every time i switch between different apps. I've been having this issue for a long time.

I'm using HP Omen Laptop. Windows 10.

I saw another thread with the same issue but was unable to reply in it.

I followed the steps that said the following:

*As an initial recommendation, I suggest you to follow the below steps to disable the adaptive or auto brightness for the selected power plan (if you already have a Power Plan created in Windows)

• Open Control Panel and click on Power Options.
    • Open your active power plan, you’ll see Change plan settings option. Click Change plan settings next to your current power plan to open Edit Plan Settings window.
    • Click Change advanced power settings option. This will open Power Options dialog.
    • Expand Display and then expand Enable adaptive brightness. Change it to Off*

But the problem i the option "Enable adaptive brightness" is not even there.

Please, for the love of god, how do I disable the adaptive brightness setting that changes... 6d764773-8fc4-43e7-b5cc-304b674e78f1?upload=true.jpg

So What do i do now?

Kaushik307, Mar 5, 2021
  3. How to disable adaptive brightness by default

I followed the steps listed in the linked thread, and still no change. I don't believe that the linked thread is dealing with the same issues that I am dealing with.

Furthermore, I do not understand why I would ever need to change registry settings, or restore default power settings. To be clear, this isn't a bug that is causing my brightness to be lower than it should, this is obviously an intended feature of
    Windows to enable adaptive brightness so that the screen adapts in differently lit environments.
    Either I'm wrong, and this isn't an intended feature (in which case, why is it there at all), or I'm right and this is an intended feature, and my point
    still stands: Why can't I disable adaptive brightness and leave it disabled permanently?

I'm quite disappointed that something as crucial as the brightness of one's screen is not implemented correctly. This should be fixed ASAP.

As for this thread and my concerns, I would still like to see if there is a solution that can be provided. Thank you.

Mohsin Ismail, Mar 5, 2021
  4. Please, for the love of god, how do I disable the adaptive brightness setting that changes...

How to disable adaptive brightness by default

Hi Mohsin,

If you're having issue with disabling the adaptive brightness, we suggest checking this
    thread and follow the troubleshooting steps provided by Sagnik_Chakraborty
    to troubleshoot the issue.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Reymichael Ros, Mar 5, 2021
Thema:

Please, for the love of god, how do I disable the adaptive brightness setting that changes...

1. Please, for the love of god, how do I disable the adaptive brightness setting that changes... - Similar Threads - Please love god

2. for the love of god disable comments on news articles already

in Windows 10 Gaming
    for the love of god disable comments on news articles already: Or i'm going to tear my eyes out through my skull if i see one more anti-vaxxer bot https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/for-the-love-of-god-disable-comments-on-news/be67090d-59b0-4685-ae46-96460388cfe2
  3. for the love of god disable comments on news articles already

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    for the love of god disable comments on news articles already: Or i'm going to tear my eyes out through my skull if i see one more anti-vaxxer bot https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/for-the-love-of-god-disable-comments-on-news/be67090d-59b0-4685-ae46-96460388cfe2
  4. How do I disable this stupid adaptive contrast/brightness?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I disable this stupid adaptive contrast/brightness?: I'm sick and tired of my monitor going dark every time I open an app that has a dark background like Oculus. It makes the screen nearly unreadable. I've looked all over the internet and none of the answers work or are relevant. There is no setting for adaptive brightness or...
  5. How do I disable this stupid adaptive contrast/brightness?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I disable this stupid adaptive contrast/brightness?: I'm sick and tired of my monitor going dark every time I open an app that has a dark background like Oculus. It makes the screen nearly unreadable. I've looked all over the internet and none of the answers work or are relevant. There is no setting for adaptive brightness or...
  6. How do I disable this stupid adaptive contrast/brightness?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. How do i disable adaptive brightness ?

How do i disable adaptive brightness ?: Hello, i run a lenovo ideapad flex 5 14iiL05 and i have a dimming problem witch annoys me a lot. I've tried to disable it by normal windows 10 settings but didn't work, ive tried to use the control panel battery settings trick and still no chance any help?...
  8. Disk 100 PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD HELP ME

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Disk 100 PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD HELP ME: I've read hundreds of disk 100 posts. I've tried everything. Absolutely everything. My laptop grinds to a halt all the time even when literally nothing is running and I get severe stuttering in game. There is no concievable way that my entire disk's capacity is being used, it...
  9. Disable Adaptive Brightness Settings Unavailable

Disable Adaptive Brightness Settings Unavailable: There is no option to disable adaptive brightness on my new MSI Prestige 15 that runs Windows 10. I just purchased it a few days ago. Attached are screenshots that show there is no option in the spots that it should be available. I am thinking that there is something wrong...
  10. Please, for the love of God, stop forcing Windows updates on us

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Please, for the love of God, stop forcing Windows updates on us: Always, while right in the middle of trying to get something done, and for whatever reason need to reboot. Sure enough, there's Windows telling me it's going update. Who knows how long that will take and what kind of problems it will cause. Thanks a bunch, Microsoft. It makes...