Windows 10: Please give an update on Defender PUA turned on by default for Windows 10

Discus and support Please give an update on Defender PUA turned on by default for Windows 10 in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; When will the Windows Defender PUA be turned on by default for Windows 10. I see that the release happened on Aug 5th as a part monthly Platform... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by SanSam11, Sep 14, 2021.

1. SanSam11 Win User

Please give an update on Defender PUA turned on by default for Windows 10

When will the Windows Defender PUA be turned on by default for Windows 10. I see that the release happened on Aug 5th as a part monthly Platform release, and it was mentioned that it is gradual rollout. When can we expect this?

:)

SanSam11, Sep 14, 2021
  2. jsfitz54 Win User
    Windows 10 Anniversary Update Issues

Problems with W10 Anniv auto update:

Mom's: (x58 Xeon 5677) Windows Defender was not turned back on automatically (it was "on" in the 1511 edition) and she had a Trojan. Full system scan to eradicate.
    Her Epson printer was knocked off, had to uninstall by Device Manager pull USB cable and reconnect cable. W10 did the rest.

Step-mom's: (HP pre built) Windows Defender not turned back on by default. Her USB Seagate Expansion Drive 2Tb was offline so all backup routines were halted. Had to rerun backup plan. Had her do a full virus scan.

Step-dad's: (Dell Optiplex tweaked upgrades) Windows Defender not turned back on by default. Full Scan.

jsfitz54, Sep 14, 2021
  3. Steve C Win User

Windows Defender PUA Protection

PUA protection should be set by default and also running Defender in a Sandbox Windows Defender Antivirus can now run in a sandbox in Windows 10

Steve C, Sep 14, 2021
Thema:

1. Please give an update on Defender PUA turned on by default for Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Please update Defender

2. PUA not deleted or quarantined by Windows Defender

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PUA not deleted or quarantined by Windows Defender: Windows Defender scan has picked up three different PUA. I use start actions but it is still on my laptop OS windows 10 Pro and active https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pua-not-deleted-or-quarantined-by-windows-defender/f6d0cb27-400c-4e9e-81bd-1d5b955837d0
  3. PUA not deleted or quarantined by Windows Defender

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PUA not deleted or quarantined by Windows Defender: Windows Defender scan has picked up three different PUA. I use start actions but it is still on my laptop OS windows 10 Pro and active https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pua-not-deleted-or-quarantined-by-windows-defender/f6d0cb27-400c-4e9e-81bd-1d5b955837d0
  4. Troubleshoot Defender, PUA help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Troubleshoot Defender, PUA help: I have a thread over HERE on some help with some kernel errors/BSODs and the kind gentleman helping me asked me to request some troubleshooting with Windows Defender and to ask for @Ramesh Srinivasan.Unfortunately, I dont know what kind of help i need: Anyone available to...
  5. Please give an update us on Defender PUA turned on by default for Windows 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Please give an update us on Defender PUA turned on by default for Windows 10: When will the Windows Defender PUA be turned on by default for Windows 10. I see that the release happened on Aug 5th as a part monthly Platform release, and it was mentioned that it is gradual rollout. When can we expect this?...
  6. Please update us on Defender PUA turned on by default for Windows 10

Please update us on Defender PUA turned on by default for Windows 10: When will the Windows Defender PUA be turned on by default for Windows 10. I see that the release happened on Aug 5th as a part monthly Platform release, and it was mentioned that it is gradual rollout. When can we expect this?...
  7. Windows defender found PUA

Windows defender found PUA: A weird question but anyway I have F-secure installed. I know that Windows Defender does not work with F-secure. But I did a full scan of my computer with Windows Defender because I got a blue screen earlier and wanted to do a scan with another program too just in...
  8. Windows Defender PUA Protection

Windows Defender PUA Protection: Some Reason can't get our 2nd Desktop PC to keep on with Windows Defender Pua Protection, Avast was removed with Wise Uninstaller, rebooted system, used Avast clear in safe mode as additional step, then ran ConfigureDefenderx64 to configure Defender, made sure enabled Pua...
  9. Windows Defender blocking PUA?

Windows Defender blocking PUA?: Few questions about blocking PUA in Windows Defender. I enabled the prevention or blocking of PUAs and would like to ask how intrusive the notifications are? Are there a lot of false positives? I only download and install apps which I really need, no Java installed and...
  10. Windows Defender PUA feature?

Windows Defender PUA feature?: WD has this new feature called PUA. Is this for domain environments or can this be done on a standalone Win10 Enterprise? Or is this needed on a standalone system? I know it has to be enabled in the registry. If enabled, how will this effect the use of a machine? Will...