Windows 10: PLEASE HELP! black screen

Discus and support PLEASE HELP! black screen in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, i have been getting a black screen even on safe mode, so basically cant do anything just, The only thing that i can do is run the troubleshoot. Im... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by neto333, Dec 15, 2016.

1. neto333 Win User

PLEASE HELP! black screen

Hi, i have been getting a black screen even on safe mode, so basically cant do anything just, The only thing that i can do is run the troubleshoot.
    Im not sure why this happened, at the beginning i thought it was a problem with my gpu or some drivers, so i went in safe mode but i saw the black screen too. I google a lot of solutions, like windows+P, or try to log or using the narrator and follow some instructions, but without luck. Then i tried to run with a low resolution, tried on a different monitor and a tv but without luck.
    Then i thought to restore my pc, first i tried not a complete restore, and keep my files, but i got an error, then i tried a full restore, but i got the same error. So i thought that something was really wrong, and i tried to restore the pc using command prompt.
    First i tried the restrui.exe and got the message that restrui.exe is not recognized as an internal or external command.
    Then i tired sfc /scannow and i got that windows resource protection could not perform the requested operation.
    Finally i tried the DISM/Online/Cleanup-Image/RestoreHealth;and i got the error 50 and the message DISM does not support servicing windows PE with the /online option.
    I dont know whats happening or why im getting this, yesterday i was doing some maintenance things, like updating programs so maybe something is corrupter. I updated my some applications, gpu drive, ran my antivirus (i have bitdefender) so maybe something is corrupted, or a virus.
    thank you very much.

:)

neto333, Dec 15, 2016
  2. hotlife Win User

Black screen on my nokia n96? please please help?

I have a 16GB Nokia n96, and it was working completely fine till a couple weeks back the screen went blank, so i assumed it had switched itself off. I took the battery out and tried switching it back on, but the screen didn't come on. The phone vibrated
    once like normal on start-up, then the keypad lit up and the buttons on the slide-up bit, but nothing can be seen on the screen. I can also hear the beeps when i press different buttons, and also I could remember off by heart where my music player was on it,
    so i pressed the right buttons and my music actually started playing! please tell me how I can fix this cause it's such a good phone!
    PLEASE HELP! black screen [​IMG]
    !! Btw it has had water damage before but that was about 1 year ago and has been working
    completely fine ever since. thanks x

hotlife, Dec 15, 2016
  3. Black screen on my nokia n96? please please help?

Find the personnel of the service

allup---01, Dec 15, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi, you could try various technical fixes, and spend a lot of time being frustrated, or you could now do a clean install. Given what you've tried it's hard to say whether anything would reliably work.

Do you have a backup of all your data on C:?

First check your disk and make sure it's ok. As you can't boot, boot from Kyhi's boot disk (DVD or flash drive) available from the top of the Software and Apps section of this forum. Run e.g. Crystal Diskinfo and check the SMART params of your disk - it gives a quick red/yellow/green indication. If there's a disk problem, you need a new disk and it's not worth continuing with this one.

Make a decision: how long will it take to reinstall your programs and configure things, and weigh that up against a couple of days back and forth trying technical solutions that may or may not help, vs a clean install.

Had you discovered the value of routine disk imaging (we strongly and repeatedly recommend e.g. Macrium Reflect (free) + its boot medium and external storage for images) you could have readily restored your PC to a previous working state yourself.

(You need the offline version of the DISM command 'cos you're trying to run it from outside Windows i.e. Windows isn't running).

dalchina, Dec 15, 2016
  5. neto333 Win User
    thank you very much for your support. Im not an expert on this so i have downloaded the tool, now how do i runt it? thank you

neto333, Dec 15, 2016
  6. neto333 Win User
    neto333, Dec 15, 2016
  7. EdTittel Win User
    EdTittel, Dec 15, 2016
  8. dalchina New Member

To create a bootable USB device you can use this:
    Rufus - Create bootable USB drives the easy way

N.B. burning the iso to a DVD works.

In both cases, as it has been for many years, you must change the boot order priority in your BIOS so the PC looks first for a bootable device other than the installed disk.

dalchina, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. PLEASE HELP! black screen - Similar Threads - PLEASE HELP black

2. Black Screen help please

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Black Screen help please: Anyone please help me , first i got a blue screen after i go to a certain restore point then after i restart the laptop and log in it became all black with a mouse cursor. I tried to access the task manager but it says reinstall Duser.dllNext is i tried to go to a certain...
  3. Black Screen help please

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black Screen help please: Anyone please help me , first i got a blue screen after i go to a certain restore point then after i restart the laptop and log in it became all black with a mouse cursor. I tried to access the task manager but it says reinstall Duser.dllNext is i tried to go to a certain...
  4. Black Screen help please

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Solution to black screen? Help please!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Solution to black screen? Help please!: Sometimes my laptop starts up fine, then other times it becomes stuck on a black screen (I can see my cursor if I click) and never loads. I have to hard reset then it’s fine. The symptoms that it will get stuck on a black screen when I next boot it up are as follows:...
  6. BLACK SCREEN PLEASE HELP!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BLACK SCREEN PLEASE HELP!: Today i turned on my pc as usual, but i had some troubles...[ATTACH][ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/black-screen-please-help/7fcdc8a1-13a6-44d6-8bb7-1be326d1d706
  7. Black screen PLEASE HELP

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black screen PLEASE HELP: While playing games my screen with randomly go black for a few seconds and then come back. It crashes some of my games and i have been unable to resolve this by myself so I am asking on here for anyone please help me! My error from security and maintenance details is here....
  8. Black screen on login! Please help!

in Windows 10 Support
    Black screen on login! Please help!: So.. I screwed up.. I used a small program called something like Windows 10 Login Background Changer (something along those lines) and when I restarted my computer, it never reached the login screen. I can move the mouse and open Magnifier (was pushing random controls),...
  9. Black Screen---No Mouse---Please help

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Black Screen---No Mouse---Please help: Computer model: Lenovo Y700 Microsoft 10 6th gen i7 processor It has 2 graphics cards: NVIDIA® GeForce GTX 960M 2GB NVIDIA® GTX 960M 4 GB GDD5 ​16 gigs RAM Ok my computer is having a problem with a black screen. This computer is brand new, arrived on the 14th. I...
  10. Black Screen With Cursor PLEASE HELP

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Black Screen With Cursor PLEASE HELP: Okay so I'm panicking a bit here. Installed the 'Windows 10 Login Screen Changer' that I found on this forum, clicked 'change background' and bam...black screen. I turned the computer off and on again and still black screen with a Cursor. Ctrl Alt Del does nothing. My...