Windows 10: Please help; can't open Task manager or other integral programss

Discus and support Please help; can't open Task manager or other integral programss in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, I recently got my Asus Zenbook for Xmas . There's so much not working right now I don't know how to categorize my issue. I wish I could just reset... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by KellyFlemming1, Jan 31, 2019.

1. Please help; can't open Task manager or other integral programss

Hi,
    I recently got my Asus Zenbook for Xmas . There's so much not working right now I don't know how to categorize my issue. I wish I could just reset back to Day 1, as it didn't come this way. AT least I don't think. I cannot open task manager or any system settings. The window comes up saying something like:
    "The system could not find/open the environment variable that was entered"EVERYTIME I try to open something to change settings.

When I open my file explorer, there's just chaos with all kinds of program folders a million times over. And often times recently, it says the system administrator won't let me open it.

Is there any way to reboot this to day one? or how do I seek out help?

:)

KellyFlemming1, Jan 31, 2019
  2. RevoLand Win User

Steam Library Manager (Free/Open-Source/C#/v1.4.4)

Steam Library Manager v1.5 just released:
    Latest release on GitHub

RevoLand, Jan 31, 2019
  3. Kapil Arya [Directly], Jan 31, 2019
  4. Please help; can't open Task manager or other integral programss

Open Task Manager in Windows 10

In tablet mode, long pressing the windows icon in the task bar will pop up (at release) a menu like that in step 4 above. There the Task Manager is available.

None of the above described ways to open the Task Manager seem to work in tablet mode. Does anyone know? I cannot for my life figure it out, either I'm plain stupid or MS is playing tricks on us...
    Thanks.

OppfinnarJocke, Jan 31, 2019
Thema:

Please help; can't open Task manager or other integral programss

1. Please help; can't open Task manager or other integral programss - Similar Threads - Please help can't

2. Can't open task manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't open task manager: I installed Bluestacks but it crashed so I want to remove it. However, I can't delete it on the control panel and I can't open task manager to delete it either. I opened the task manager and it shut down on its own, that worries me a lot...
  3. Can't open task manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't open task manager: I installed Bluestacks but it crashed so I want to remove it. However, I can't delete it on the control panel and I can't open task manager to delete it either. I opened the task manager and it shut down on its own, that worries me a lot...
  4. Can't Open Settings but it shows it is open in task bar and in task manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't Open Settings but it shows it is open in task bar and in task manager: I have tried most methods so far.Here are some of the methods I have tried:1. Using these Commands in the command prompt:sfc /scannow DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth then restarting pc2.Reinstalling Windows 11 ISO method3. right clicking the settings icon on the...
  5. Can't Open Settings but it shows it is open in task bar and in task manager

Can't Open Settings but it shows it is open in task bar and in task manager: I have tried most methods so far.Here are some of the methods I have tried:1. Using these Commands in the command prompt:sfc /scannow DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth then restarting pc2.Reinstalling Windows 11 ISO method3. right clicking the settings icon on the...
  6. I can't open task manager and cmd

I can't open task manager and cmd: Hi,For some reason I cannot open my task manager or CMD just to close some files or navigate around my system. It seems to be working before but now I cannot use it. What to do?...
  7. I can't open Task manager

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I can't open Task manager: So yeah, recently I can't open Task manager, I don't really know if this is caused by a virus or not but it happens when I downloaded a file, It isn't very good since I need Task manager to close some of my applications. So if you guys have any solution to this please reply....
  8. Windows Task Manager can't be opened.

Windows Task Manager can't be opened.: When I use ProcessExplorer and click "Replace Task Manager", Windows Task Manager can't be opened. Though "Taskmgr.exe" isn't have any problems. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-task-manager-cant-be-opened/bac59266-0d8d-4341-87c0-ebbc39e5b223
  9. Task Manager and other apps won't stay open and other problems

Task Manager and other apps won't stay open and other problems: When I open task manager it opens and closes immediately. Similarly when I open Microsoft solitaire I can click on a challenge the ad opens and then before it is done it closes and the solitaire game does not come up. I'm having problems with edge not working with Facebook...
  10. Can't open Task Manager as administrator

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't open Task Manager as administrator: So, whenever i try to open my task manager on my pc, it says "Task Manager was deactivated by your Administrator", even thought it is my PC and i am the admin. I never deactivated task manager, i don't know why would i ever do that, any suggestions so i can "activate" it ?...