Windows 10: Please help. Can’t turn off airplane mode or reset laptop.

Discus and support Please help. Can’t turn off airplane mode or reset laptop. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; The airplane mode switch is grayed out. And when I try to reset my laptop (Acer Aspire 515-43) I get an error message. I have tried to find the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/largemagicalrodent, Mar 16, 2021.

1. Please help. Can’t turn off airplane mode or reset laptop.

The airplane mode switch is grayed out. And when I try to reset my laptop (Acer Aspire 515-43) I get an error message. I have tried to find the “airplane mode switch” thing in device manager, but it is not there. Should I just take it to a computer repair place? Thank you!

submitted by /u/largemagicalrodent
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/largemagicalrodent, Mar 16, 2021
  2. Cam43 Win User

My Windows 10 laptop is stuck on "airplane mode". It won't turn off.

For some reason, my Windows 10 laptop is stuck in "airplane mode". It won't turn off in settings -- the on/off switch is grayed, suggesting that it is inoperative (I guess). Please help, someone!

Cam43, Mar 16, 2021
  3. Can't turn off airplane mode

Hi Robert,

Turning off Airplane mode should be done by one click/tap. However, for us to isolate the concern, can you provide us the answers to these questions:

• Are you using a computer or mobile phone?
    • What do you mean by "can't turn off airplane mode"?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried to resolve the concern?
    • Were there any changes made on your device prior to the issue?

If you're using a computer, we suggest that you check the answer of
    George JeffryChilders on August 24, 2015 in this
    link. There are 381 people that were helped by his answer.

We're looking forward to your response.

Carlos Tin, Mar 16, 2021
  4. Please help. Can’t turn off airplane mode or reset laptop.

WINDOWS 10 AIRPLANE MODE AUTOMATICALLY TURNS

Hello,

Sorry for the delay in response.

Let us try the following steps, and check if it helps.

Step 1:

You can turn off aero plane mode from setting and check if it helps:

1. Go to settings.

2. Click on network.

3. Select flight mode and toggle to disable it.

4. After you tap or click the toggle to turn Airplane mode on or off, it can take your PC a few seconds to turn each wireless device on or off.

Step 2:

Try to Turn off Airplane Mode in Action Center and check the status.

1. Press Windows keys +A to open action center.

2. Click tap on airplane mode quick action button to toggle it on or off.

Step 3:

Try to turn off Airplane Mode in Network Notification Area Icon and check if that helps.

1. Click on network icon on the task bar.

2. Click/tap on aero plane icon to toggle it on or off.

Step 4:

If issue still persists, I suggest you to update the Wireless network drivers once again and check if it helps.

• Press Windows + X key together and select
      Device Manager.

• Locate the Network adapter and expand the driver icon.

• Look for Wireless driver and then right click and click on Update driver.

Hope it helps.

Let us know the status, we are glad to assist you further.

Abdul_Malik, Mar 16, 2021
Thema:

Please help. Can’t turn off airplane mode or reset laptop.

1. Please help. Can’t turn off airplane mode or reset laptop. - Similar Threads - Please help Can’t

2. Can’t access internet as Airplane mode is turned on and can’t be turned off.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can’t access internet as Airplane mode is turned on and can’t be turned off.: Can’t access internet as Airplane mode is turned on and can’t be turned off. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-access-internet-as-airplane-mode-is-turned-on/5802f6ea-4015-48dc-af24-b6cc993f4bbc
  3. Can’t access internet as Airplane mode is turned on and can’t be turned off.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can’t access internet as Airplane mode is turned on and can’t be turned off.: Can’t access internet as Airplane mode is turned on and can’t be turned off. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-access-internet-as-airplane-mode-is-turned-on/5802f6ea-4015-48dc-af24-b6cc993f4bbc
  4. Can’t access internet as Airplane mode is turned on and can’t be turned off.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Can’t Turn off S mode! Please help!

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can’t Turn off S mode! Please help!: I have a Dell inspiron 3000 14 laptop. I needed to download an update for a gaming headset. I learned that S mode needed to be turned off in order for this to happen. I followed the steps on multiple tutorial videos. However, the windows 10 home option isnt available. I had...
  6. Can’t turn off airplane mode

Can’t turn off airplane mode: I an unable to turn of airplane mode. I checked my network devices, and both my internet and ethernet cards have a yellow triangular sign with an exclamation point. It doesn’t need to update, and I am unable to update windows....
  7. Can’t turn airplane mode off, WiFi on.

Can’t turn airplane mode off, WiFi on.: While on my laptop on my home wifi my cat walked across my keyboard and somehow put me into airplane mode. Now I can’t get out of airplane mode or turn wifi on. When I try to turn wifi on I get a message “No Wi-Fi Networks Found”. I know the network is available, my phone is...
  8. Airplane Mode Will Not Turn Off

Airplane Mode Will Not Turn Off: My laptop's flight mode is stuck on. I went to setting and it showed the switch and the text above it grey. I have tried everything to try to fix it but nothing is working as of now. I do not really post on forums much but this is urgent so i need to get it fixed as soon as...
  9. Can’t turn off airplane mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can’t turn off airplane mode: I can‘t turn off airplane mode and thus can’t use wifi or any other internet connection... no matter if I try to turn it off in the notification center, task bar or in the settings it just stays the same. In the settings the button is even grayed out... I‘ve searched the...
  10. Turning off Airplane Mode

Turning off Airplane Mode: How do I turn off airplane mode on my computer, when the wifi/airplane mode icon on the taskbar does not work? (I have clicked on the wifi icon, then on "airplane mode", but nothing changes and cannot turn the mode off)....