Windows 10: Please help: Consistent BSOD when playing video games

Discus and support Please help: Consistent BSOD when playing video games in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, I am having consistent BSOD while playing games on my custom computer. It normally happens after a couple hours of play time. I am not well... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by zdplh2021, Sep 14, 2021.

1. zdplh2021 Win User

Please help: Consistent BSOD when playing video games

Hello, I am having consistent BSOD while playing games on my custom computer. It normally happens after a couple hours of play time. I am not well versed in computers/debugging and am having trouble identifying the root cause of the issue. When I can see the error, it normally says "System thread exception not handled" before it restarts without pointing to a specific file or driver that caused the issue. Sometimes the screen resizes to the point where I can't see what the error is, just that a small portion of my screen is blue and the computer restarts. I am really at a loss, kind of conv

:)

zdplh2021, Sep 14, 2021

2. BSOD When playing games

Hi Jackson,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

Please share the information requested below:

• Does the BSOD occur while playing a particular game?
    • Is the game downloaded from Windows Store?

I suggest you to update the Graphic Card drivers by following the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X, select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters.
    • Right click on the driver and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow the on-screen prompts to update.

Refer the link below for more information:

Troubleshoot blue screen errors

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Sep 14, 2021
  3. axe0 Win User
    BSOD playing video games such as Cs:Go etc. Error, Random BSOD's

Hi Pranav,

Haven't seen you in a long time.

I have made a short summary a few pages back for myself, on the 5th page, post 123
    It is likely not 100% up to date.

4. Please help: Consistent BSOD when playing video games

BSOD mostly on playing video games

Hello,

I have been struggling with BSOD since I changed my configuration and upgraded my CPU and motherboard.

I took the new CPU and motherboard from a fully functionnal computer and installed them in a functionnal computer.

I get the BSOD whenever I play video games, it can be during the loading screen or while playing. It usually come pretty fast ( <30 minutes).

From the BSOD analysis I saw that it was related to hal.dll but I can not figure out the specific issue.

Here are a dump file and my system specification:

Dropbox - BSOD.zip - Simplify your life

I hope you can help me debug this!

Thank you

AntoineGrinn, Sep 14, 2021
Thema:

Please help: Consistent BSOD when playing video games

1. Please help: Consistent BSOD when playing video games - Similar Threads - Please help Consistent

2. BSOD when gaming. WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR. please help...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD when gaming. WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR. please help...: Hi there, this has been a long time comingIve been having a lot of problems with my PC lately, BSODs being my demise. ive tried every possible solution ive found but to no avail i keep getting the same errors. the BSOD ive been getting is the WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR. This...
  3. BSOD when gaming. WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR. please help...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD when gaming. WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR. please help...: Hi there, this has been a long time comingIve been having a lot of problems with my PC lately, BSODs being my demise. ive tried every possible solution ive found but to no avail i keep getting the same errors. the BSOD ive been getting is the WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR. This...
  4. PC crashed whilst playing video games. Please help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC crashed whilst playing video games. Please help: Hello.I have ask this question beforehand but I don't think the problem ever got fully solved. I'm unsure as to why my PC crashes when I play games. The screen sort of goes black with a buzzing sound in my headset. The photo above looks a lot like what happens to my...
  5. PC crashed whilst playing video games. Please help

PC crashed whilst playing video games. Please help: Hello.I have ask this question beforehand but I don't think the problem ever got fully solved. I'm unsure as to why my PC crashes when I play games. The screen sort of goes black with a buzzing sound in my headset. The photo above looks a lot like what happens to my...
  6. BSOD crash consistently on new PC build when playing games.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD crash consistently on new PC build when playing games.: I bought a custom made PC only a couple months ago as wanted to upgrade from an xbox series x. Ever since i bought it, within the first few days i was getting seemingly random freezing leading to game crashing or just straight up BSOD. I have taken it back to the computer...
  7. BSOD crash consistently on new PC build when playing games.

BSOD crash consistently on new PC build when playing games.: I bought a custom made PC only a couple months ago as wanted to upgrade from an xbox series x. Ever since i bought it, within the first few days i was getting seemingly random freezing leading to game crashing or just straight up BSOD. I have taken it back to the computer...
  8. random BSOD when gaming please help

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    random BSOD when gaming please help: my laptop has been experiencing random bsod when gaming. I have no clue what the cause is. Please help. I have used the the log collector and got the following info Dropbox - MSI-(2020-09-25_18-01-05).zip - Simplify your life 165190
  9. Frequent BSOD when playing video games

Frequent BSOD when playing video games: In the past month I have been experiencing BSOD crashes within ~15 minutes of starting up a moderately resource intensive video game. My specs Mobo - Gigabyte Z170XP-SLI-CF CPU - Intel i5-6500 GPU - Nvidia GTX 1070 RAM - Teamgroup-UD4-2400 2x8GB SSD - Sandisk SDSSDA 480GB...
  10. BSOD playing games, or sometimes when watching videos.

BSOD playing games, or sometimes when watching videos.: Hey all. I've been getting bsod's mainly when I am playing League of Legends, or any other game really. It's been ongoing for about 2 months now. These past couple weeks have been very bad, happening every day. It's inconsistent as well, I could play for hours and nothing...