Windows 10: Please Help: Dell Windows 10 booting to white blinking underscore on black screen

Discus and support Please Help: Dell Windows 10 booting to white blinking underscore on black screen in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have a Dell Poweredge C1100 running Windows 10, and it will no longer boot into Windows. I think Windows auto-installed an update during the night,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/casualforces, Jan 8, 2020.

1. Please Help: Dell Windows 10 booting to white blinking underscore on black screen

I have a Dell Poweredge C1100 running Windows 10, and it will no longer boot into Windows. I think Windows auto-installed an update during the night, and when I woke up it was simply a white blinking underscore on the black screen. I do not have Windows 10 recovery disc handy, but I have a laptop that I could use to make a USB stick into a boot disc if that's the way to go. Also, the SSD containing the OS is maybe a month old. My original drive ran out of space, so I had a local computer shop clone my drive to the new larger drive a few weeks ago. I still have the smaller capacity drive untouched since the clone, would I be better booting from that to repair the newer drive? Or creating a boot disc on a USB stick? Thanks in advance for any help

submitted by /u/casualforces
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/casualforces, Jan 8, 2020
  2. DSplayer Win User

Blinking underscore and black screen on boot.

I left my laptop to update overnight then I woke up the next day and turned on my laptop then when it booted it showed a blinking underscore and a black background. Please help quick!

DSplayer, Jan 8, 2020
  3. Windows 10 Boot Black Screen Blinking Underscore

YES, I HAVE THIS KIND OF PROBLEM TOO, AT FIRST WHEN I TURNED THE COMPUTER ON IT SHOWED THE ASUS LOGO AND THEN, IT JUST WENT TO BLACK SCREEN WITH A BLINKING UNDERSCORE. CAN YOU HELP ME? I HAVE VERY IMPORTANT FILES IN HERE. I UPDATED WINDOWS 10 WITH MEDIA
    CREATION TOOL. Please Help: Dell Windows 10 booting to white blinking underscore on black screen :(

MUHAMMAD ASRI ZULKIFLI, Jan 8, 2020
  4. Please Help: Dell Windows 10 booting to white blinking underscore on black screen

My screen turns black with blinking underscore

So i was going to play some games on my gaming windows 10 pro pc and when i turned it on there was a black screen with a blinking underscore please help

Bluebrainjuice, Jan 8, 2020
Thema:

Please Help: Dell Windows 10 booting to white blinking underscore on black screen

1. Please Help: Dell Windows 10 booting to white blinking underscore on black screen - Similar Threads - Please Help Dell

2. Black screen with a blinking underscore

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black screen with a blinking underscore: I turned my computer on yesterday and it has been displaying a black screen with a blinking white underscore on the top left corner. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/black-screen-with-a-blinking-underscore/3eb4447f-c7f4-4434-be5c-ee2d90def70d
  3. Black screen with a blinking underscore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen with a blinking underscore: I turned my computer on yesterday and it has been displaying a black screen with a blinking white underscore on the top left corner. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/black-screen-with-a-blinking-underscore/3eb4447f-c7f4-4434-be5c-ee2d90def70d
  4. Black screen with a blinking underscore

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Computer won't boot black screen, white underscore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer won't boot black screen, white underscore: My computer is no longer booting up, could you help me please?I was looking at a website on Firefox, and noted my computer seemed to be freezing up as I couldn't move the mouse cursor. I couldn't do a reset via normal means because everything was locked up, so I hard reset my...
  6. Computer won't boot black screen, white underscore

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer won't boot black screen, white underscore: My computer is no longer booting up, could you help me please?I was looking at a website on Firefox, and noted my computer seemed to be freezing up as I couldn't move the mouse cursor. I couldn't do a reset via normal means because everything was locked up, so I hard reset my...
  7. Computer won't boot black screen, white underscore

8. Black screen with blinking underscore

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Black screen with blinking underscore: Hi there so I bought a used PC and Optiplex 790 and i upgraded the PSU and GPU for something better, however ever since I bought the computer i had always the issue of when booting and black screen with blinking underscore. I can boot into windows os after a 3min or so,...
  9. Black screen with underscore blinking

Black screen with underscore blinking: I cant get access to fixboot command I just downloaded windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/black-screen-with-underscore-blinking/f2d53fb5-2154-429b-853e-03f650fddac2
  10. Windows 10 won't boot, black screen with blinking underscore

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 won't boot, black screen with blinking underscore: So my pc stopped working on Monday I've spent the past couple of days trying to figure out how to fix it but haven't found anyone else that's having the same issue as me. Monday morning I booted up my pc and was got a black screen with a blinking underscore at the top left. I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. blinking white cursor dell n5110