Windows 10: Please help. Diagnostic Policy Service just cause my system to be non responsive. What will...

Discus and support Please help. Diagnostic Policy Service just cause my system to be non responsive. What will... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/SakataGintoki96 [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/SakataGintoki96, Feb 10, 2021.

1. Please help. Diagnostic Policy Service just cause my system to be non responsive. What will...

/u/SakataGintoki96, Feb 10, 2021
  2. anonjwm Win User

Disabling Diagnostic Policy Service

I just disabled the Diagnostic Policy Service, Diagnostic Service Host, and the Diagnostic System Host.

Is there any adverse actions that this may cause? So far I have not noticed any.

Once I get my Windows Settings the way I like, they normally stay the same, as I do not do any updates.

Thanks.

anonjwm, Feb 10, 2021
  3. Carlo Fer Win User
    The Diagnostic Policy Service is not running

Hi,

To resolve this issue, launch the command prompt as Admin and enter
    these:

• Type " net localgroup Administrators /add networkservice " then press Enter.
    • Type " net localgroup Administrators /add localservice " then press Enter.
    Also, we need to make sure that the following services are started.

1. Press Windows key
    + R.

2. On the dialog box, type services.msc

3. Under Services (Local)
    list, find the services: Diagnostic policy, Diagnostic Service, Diagnostic system host.

4. Check the status of the services is started or not.

5. If the services are not started, you can
    Right
    Click a status and Start a service.

6. Restart your computer.

Please post back with the result for further assistance.

Carlo Fer, Feb 10, 2021
  4. Please help. Diagnostic Policy Service just cause my system to be non responsive. What will...

Miroslav Prágl, Feb 10, 2021
Thema:

Please help. Diagnostic Policy Service just cause my system to be non responsive. What will...

1. Please help. Diagnostic Policy Service just cause my system to be non responsive. What will... - Similar Threads - Please help Diagnostic

2. Diagnostic Policy Service

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Diagnostic Policy Service: I am trying to start the Duagnostiv policy service and everything I have tried doesn't work and if I try to start it in service and do it from there I get access denied when I try to start, it what can I do?...
  3. Diagnostic Policy Service

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Diagnostic Policy Service: I am trying to start the Duagnostiv policy service and everything I have tried doesn't work and if I try to start it in service and do it from there I get access denied when I try to start, it what can I do?...
  4. Diagnostic Policy Service causing large CPU spikes.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Diagnostic Policy Service causing large CPU spikes.: Recently, my laptop has randomly been having large CPU usage spikes that cause lag due to Diagnostic Policy Service. This has happened before, and I fixed it by ending the process, and deleting SRUDB.dat. However, this time that isn't possible. If I try to end the process, I...
  5. Diagnostic policy service not running

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Diagnostic policy service not running: My laptop windows 10 keeps saying diagnostic policy service not running. I have tried fixing it and when I hit start it says error 5. I am the administrator and have all privileges. I have googled the issue and can’t seem to fix it. Previously I had issues with my network...
  6. HELP!!! Diagnostic Policy Service RAM Problem...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    HELP!!! Diagnostic Policy Service RAM Problem...: I have a problem with this, every time and every day, Diagnostic Policy Service using RAM with unstable graphic, sometimes 40MB and change to 1.5 GB (you can see screen record below). I have try to stop this services and work well, after that i'm trying to set startup from...
  7. Service Host Diagnostic Policy Service causes RAM usage fluctuations

Service Host Diagnostic Policy Service causes RAM usage fluctuations: As stated above, this problem started after installing the newest update (Version 1903). This keeps making my PC lag due to the high RAM use. I looked into task manager and found that Service Host Diagnostic Policy Service was causing the fluctuations in RAM usage....
  8. Diagnostic Policy Service

Diagnostic Policy Service: It takes 30% of my PC CPU in last 7 days. It is not normal. Any advice how to fix it? thx https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/diagnostic-policy-service/7d1e3ebb-a6e6-495d-98d3-60d4ae01b27f
  9. Fix high cpu usage caused by diagnostic policy service

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Fix high cpu usage caused by diagnostic policy service: Hello, as mentioned in another thread reply I found a solution by someone for this common problem with high cpu usage by a windows service. In the folder "C:\Windows\system32\sru" are constantly created log files and the directory becomes very large over time. Then I stopped...
  10. Disabling Diagnostic Policy Service

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Disabling Diagnostic Policy Service: I just disabled the Diagnostic Policy Service, Diagnostic Service Host, and the Diagnostic System Host. Is there any adverse actions that this may cause? So far I have not noticed any. Once I get my Windows Settings the way I like, they normally stay the same, as I do...