Windows 10: Please Help Display Is Messed Up

Discus and support Please Help Display Is Messed Up in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have a very old monitor that I use as my second and recently I broke the adapter for it so I bought a new one, now its messed up. The monitor itself... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Rookieelf12, Jul 18, 2020.

1. Please Help Display Is Messed Up

I have a very old monitor that I use as my second and recently I broke the adapter for it so I bought a new one, now its messed up. The monitor itself is 1600x1200 but that isnt an option in the resolution settings anymore. I tried every single resolution setting that was available and none of them would make it look normal, the bottom or sides is always cut off. I got a program called CRU to manually make a 1600x1200 option. Sadly this looks messed up as well, part of the screen is just black and a big part of it I cant see on the left. The old monitor I am using is

submitted by /u/Rookieelf12
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Rookieelf12, Jul 18, 2020

2. Display Issue Please Help

Hi Ahmed,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We appreciate your interest on Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing while scrolling down. We are glad to help you.

To serve you better, let me know this:

What exactly happens when you shut down the computer?

I would suggest you to try the following steps and check:

Step 1: Update the Display driver. Please follow the steps given below to update the display driver.

• Click Start and go to Run.
    • In the Run prompt, type devmgmt.msc and then click
      OK.
    • Device Manager will open.
    • In Device Manager expand Display adapters.
    • Right-click the display driver and click Update Driver Software.
    • Select Search Automatically for Updated Driver Software.

Step 2: Check if there are any updates for display drivers available in Optional Updates; this might fix the issue. Refer to the following steps.

• At the Start screen, type Windows Update.
    • Click or tap Settings on the right side of the screen, and then select Install optional updates from the left results.
    • When the Windows Update control panel opens, click on “Check for Updates” on the top left corner to receive a fresh list of updates.

Step 3: If the issue persists, I would suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the Display driver. Please follow the steps mentioned below to uninstall the display driver.

• Open Device Manager.
    • Expand Display adapters.
    • Right-click the display card driver and click
      Uninstall
    • Windows will prompt you to confirm the device’s removal. Click OK to remove the driver.
    • After the un-installation is complete, reboot your computer as soon as possible.
    Computer will load the generic display drivers. Now, please go to the manufacturer’s website, download and install the compatible display card drivers for your computer and check.

Hope this is helpful. Feel free to contact us for further queries. We will be happy to assist.

Regards,

Jenith

Jenith_James, Jul 18, 2020
  3. Windows Screen Resolution Messed Up

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft community.

I suggest you to update the graphics card driver to resolve the issue, please try below steps and check if it helps.

A quick question before we proceed.

What is the make and model of your computer?

To assist you better, do let us know the status of the display adaptor in device manager. Check if there is any exclamation mark or error.

Please try following steps to check the status of the display adaptor.

• Type Device manager in search box and open it.
    • Click on Display adaptor.
    • Right click on the display driver and select properties and check the status.

I suggest you toUn-install and Re-install the Display drivers and check.

Follow the steps below to un-install the Display drivers

a. Press Windows key + X and click on
    Device Manager.

b. Search for Display drivers.

c. Right-click on the Display drivers click on Un-install.

NOTE: Also download the drivers for display card from the manufacturer’s website and try to install it.

Hope this information is helpful. Please feel free to get back to us for any further queries or issues related to Windows.

Thank you.

Anju Thekkethil, Jul 18, 2020
  4. xzt1991 Win User

Please Help Display Is Messed Up

VBIOS Messed up my VTX3D 6750 1gb DDR5, Please help! Please Help Display Is Messed Up :(

VBIOS Messed up my VTX3D 6750 1gb DDR5, Please help! *Frown Please Help Display Is Messed Up :(
    I figured out how to reflash my card, but I will need an original vbios for it since I do not have one ( I forgot to make a copy of it ) And the other 6750 bioses are not working for me.
    If somebody has this card please send me the rom ( converted from GPUZ software : TechPowerUp )
    Any other suggestion to reflash my card is welcome. Please help me I really want to unbrick my card( I do not have a warranty, neither got money for a new one )
    My e-mail is: L: xzt1991@live.com

xzt1991, Jul 18, 2020
Thema:

Please Help Display Is Messed Up

1. Please Help Display Is Messed Up - Similar Threads - Please Help Display

2. Display is Messed up!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Display is Messed up!: I had trouble with my desktop icons, and somehow messed up my desktop. The text of the name of file under the icon is very very tiny. In my browser, the "file" Edit View History Etc tab fonts are very very tiny. And when I right click on the desktop, the window is very...
  3. Messed up display

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Messed up display: Hi my screen is all messed up and I can't use my laptop now even with an external monitor and I don't know what the prob is. Before it got messed up the laptop would freeze randomly and I have to restart it every time. I am wondering how I would boot into safe mode with a...
  4. Messed up display

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Messed up display: Hi my screen is all messed up and I can't use my laptop now even with an external monitor and I don't know what the prob is. Before it got messed up the laptop would freeze randomly and I have to restart it every time. I am wondering how I would boot into safe mode with a...
  5. Display messed up (Need Help)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Display messed up (Need Help): I built a new computer and installed windows 10 pro from scratch. For some reason the display looks like everything is in 1920x1080 but my monitor is 2560 x 1440. Even when I try to play video games the display is by default showing a different one than my actual monitor....
  6. I messed up. Please help!

I messed up. Please help!: I had one user account on my Windows 10 and i wanted to change the User folder name. So following this tutorial, https://youtu.be/XASJTN8Sr1I , Created a temporary user account with administrative privileges and signed into it. Went to the registry editor and changed the...
  7. Please help, everything is messed up

Please help, everything is messed up: Ok so I’ve had this problem for a long time and I’m finally done with putting up with it, I need to fix it, please if you have a solution say it! Here is my problems: 1.) Cannot open Microsoft Store and any Microsoft store apps 2.) Cannot open Settings and no type of...
  8. Boot Drive messed up? please help!

Boot Drive messed up? please help!: So, I was doing the Guru3D Display Driver Uninstaller, and I did all that, and it restarted and then it says “A disk read error occurred, press ctrl alt del to restart” and i don’t know what to do!!!! submitted by /u/FalconzBeast [link] [comments]...
  9. Dropdown Bar Messed Up (Please Help)

Dropdown Bar Messed Up (Please Help): [ATTACH] Has anyone had where the dropdown (to print, find, etc) is showing up above the screen when you click it and the browser (I am using Chrome) is maximized. This is what it looks like:...
  10. Messed up Bios settings. Please help

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Messed up Bios settings. Please help: I Changed BIOS OS mode selection setting from CSM to "UEFI and Legacy." Now laptop boots to blank screen. No bios splash screen. I hear the optical drive being recognize and the fans turn on. Fans intermittently speed up and slow down. Samsung NP365E5C-S05US with Windows...