Windows 10: Please help! DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION plaguing my laptop.

Discus and support Please help! DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION plaguing my laptop. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello. I’ve reset my PC with the “Fully Clean Drive” option and partway through installing Windows 10, a BSOD with the DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION has... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/s_j_w_1187, Oct 8, 2020.

1. Please help! DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION plaguing my laptop.

Hello. I’ve reset my PC with the “Fully Clean Drive” option and partway through installing Windows 10, a BSOD with the DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION has appeared. I feel like I’ve literally tried everything to fix this error and this was kind of my last resort. I’ve even gone as far as purchasing a new SSD and creating a clean install of Windows 10 with a Windows Media Installation thing on a flash drive. Any help would be greatly appreciated as I’ve been struggling with this for weeks now. Thanks in advance!

submitted by /u/s_j_w_1187
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/s_j_w_1187, Oct 8, 2020
  2. Erdeslawe Win User

Windows 10 BSOD DPC_Watchdog_Violation Help

Check this out to see if it replicates your problem: DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION Blue Screen in Windows 10
    If it does, then there is a step-by-step help guide.

Erdeslawe, Oct 8, 2020
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

Hi,

It is possible that the error DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION may occur if the iastor.sys driver is incompatible with Windows 10. To isolate your issue, we'd like to gather more information:

• Have you made any recent changes before this issue occurred?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Any response will be highly appreciated.

Rose Cal, Oct 8, 2020
  4. Please help! DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION plaguing my laptop.

DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

Hi Mattie,

The DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION blue screen error can be caused by a variety of hardware, firmware, driver, or software issues. Now, you mentioned that you already changed the IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers to standard. Did you update the driver as well? And also,
    are you getting the same blue screen error when you play other games? Or is it only occurring when you play a particular game?

For the mean time, if you haven't tried any further troubleshooting steps, we suggest that you perform the suggested steps from this article:

Troubleshoot blue screen errors

Let us know how this turns out for you.

Marque Lor, Oct 8, 2020
Thema:

Please help! DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION plaguing my laptop.

1. Please help! DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION plaguing my laptop. - Similar Threads - Please help DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

2. BSOD DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION. Please help me!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION. Please help me!: PC SpecificationsCPU: Ryzen 3 3200gMOBO: MSI A320M-A PRO GRAPHICS: Radeon Vega 8 GraphicsRAM: Crucial DDR4 8GB 2666mhzFor almost a month now my PC has been experiencing frequent crashes/restarts which result in BSODs with the stop code DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION. I first...
  3. Please help, This BSOD Code 9f plague my laptop.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Please help, This BSOD Code 9f plague my laptop.: This week, my Legion Lenovo Legion 5 15ACH6 starts giving me BSOD. Then I notice some weird performance hiccup here and there also.---------------------------------------------------------Problem signatureProblem Event Name: BlueScreenCode: 9fParameter 1: 3Parameter 2:...
  4. Please help, This BSOD Code 9f plague my laptop.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Please help, This BSOD Code 9f plague my laptop.: This week, my Legion Lenovo Legion 5 15ACH6 starts giving me BSOD. Then I notice some weird performance hiccup here and there also.---------------------------------------------------------Problem signatureProblem Event Name: BlueScreenCode: 9fParameter 1: 3Parameter 2:...
  5. Please help, This BSOD Code 9f plague my laptop.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION 133 please HELP

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION 133 please HELP: Hello I get about 1 to 2 blue screens per day, and totally randomly, sometimes 5 minutes after booting my pc with nothing opened, sometimes while working and such. And after using Windbg on it I get this.DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION 133The DPC watchdog detected a prolonged run time...
  7. DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION 133 please HELP

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION 133 please HELP: Hello I get about 1 to 2 blue screens per day, and totally randomly, sometimes 5 minutes after booting my pc with nothing opened, sometimes while working and such. And after using Windbg on it I get this.DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION 133The DPC watchdog detected a prolonged run time...
  8. DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION 133 please HELP

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. [HELP] Plagued by BSODs

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    [HELP] Plagued by BSODs: Please bear with me on this one, this has been happening for a long time and I've about reached the end of my rope here. I suffer from depression and this issue is really getting me down, because no matter how hard I try I never seem to get anywhere with it. So, previously:...
  10. Unsolvable Issue Plaguing my PC PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unsolvable Issue Plaguing my PC PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!: I have been trying to fix this issue for months Im just going to keep this short and sweet Im really bloody exhausted. It has cost me so much money and More time than anything. Had windows 8.1, PC would enter into a reboot loop error 0xc000021A constantly be rebooting itself...