Windows 10: Please help, everything was fine until today, i took a nap and slept woke up , opened...

Discus and support Please help, everything was fine until today, i took a nap and slept woke up , opened... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I thought something is up with the wasd keys so i remapped it to arrow keys and the stutter was still there, i remapped it to mouse buttons and no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/tanish__, Oct 20, 2020.

1. Please help, everything was fine until today, i took a nap and slept woke up , opened...

I thought something is up with the wasd keys so i remapped it to arrow keys and the stutter was still there, i remapped it to mouse buttons and no stutter, what could this error be.

please help I have to go play ranked soon.

please help

submitted by /u/tanish__
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/tanish__, Oct 20, 2020
  2. IvanRivai Win User

NAP in Windows 10

Hello.

I've just recently realized that NAP has gone in windows 10.

Before in windows 7, the NAP works just fine. I used NAP for 802.1x and health compliance.

Moving forward, my company is going to upgrade all pcs and laptops using windows 10, and i'm a bit confused about this.

Any alternatives for windows 10 NAP? or anything that works exactly like NAP in windows 2012 R2?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Best regards,

Ivan

IvanRivai, Oct 20, 2020
  3. Windows 10 Laptop Goes Takes a Nap in the Afternoon

For some time, I've noticed that my HP Elitebook laptop seems to take frequent naps in the afternoon, going into sleep mode after a minute or two of inactivity. All morning, it seems to be fine. Today I tested a few things; I reset my settings, and nothing
    changed. I timed the interval before sleep set in, and found that it ranged from 1-3 minutes. Then I shut it down and restarted it. After restarting, it stopped napping. Is there some sort of timer or built in feature that would cause it to run without a nap
    for 4 hours or so, and then start napping frequently?

Trebor Nagrom, Oct 20, 2020
  4. LemP Win User

Please help, everything was fine until today, i took a nap and slept woke up , opened...

How to turn NAP on?

Just open the Services applet (click Start, type services.msc in the Search box, and press Enter), scroll down to "Network Access Protection Agent" and double-click it, then click the "Start" button.

However, enabling the NAP service on a stand-alone computer will serve no purpose. NAP relies on both server and client components. To make the server components and client components work together, you must configure NAP settings on both the servers and
    the client computers.

See
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Network_Access_Protection

Network Access Protection (NAP) is a Microsoft technology for controlling network access of a computer, based on its health.
    With NAP, system administrators of an organization can define policies for system health requirements. Examples of system health requirements are whether the computer has the most recent operating system updates installed, whether
    the computer has the latest version of the anti-virus software signature, or whether the computer has a host-based firewall installed and enabled. Computers with a NAP client will have their health status evaluated upon establishing a network connection. NAP
    can restrict or deny network access to the computers that are not in compliance with the defined health requirements.

Thema:

Please help, everything was fine until today, i took a nap and slept woke up , opened...

1. Please help, everything was fine until today, i took a nap and slept woke up , opened... - Similar Threads - Please help everything

2. Everything WAS fine, until today, where I was turning on my PC to play and do some work....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Everything WAS fine, until today, where I was turning on my PC to play and do some work....: My PC has Windows 11, and it’s updated. However, I turned on my PC, then the worst came, such as a large amount of "corrupted files", and the computer became unusable, because of how unbelievable slow it ran, almost crashed and went through black screens only to open...
  3. Everything WAS fine, until today, where I was turning on my PC to play and do some work....

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Everything WAS fine, until today, where I was turning on my PC to play and do some work....: My PC has Windows 11, and it’s updated. However, I turned on my PC, then the worst came, such as a large amount of "corrupted files", and the computer became unusable, because of how unbelievable slow it ran, almost crashed and went through black screens only to open...
  4. Today I woke up and turned my pc on. Everything was deleted. What do I do?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Today I woke up and turned my pc on. Everything was deleted. What do I do?: As the title says, today I woke up and turned my pc on, unsuspecting that anything was wrong. However, when it had finished logging in, I found that nearly everything on my pc was deleted. For some reason, a few apps like steam, my drawing apps, and other things were still...
  5. Today I woke up and turned my pc on. Everything was deleted. What do I do?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Today I woke up and turned my pc on. Everything was deleted. What do I do?: As the title says, today I woke up and turned my pc on, unsuspecting that anything was wrong. However, when it had finished logging in, I found that nearly everything on my pc was deleted. For some reason, a few apps like steam, my drawing apps, and other things were still...
  6. Today I woke up and turned my pc on. Everything was deleted. What do I do?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. I lost everything "PLEASE HELP"

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I lost everything "PLEASE HELP": So recently I have been getting the BSOD like once a day. So I contacted Microsoft support and they told me to reset my computer... And i did through cloud reset, and by clicking the option "keep my files". Now there was a list that included "files" that will get deleted......
  8. Please help, everything is messed up

Please help, everything is messed up: Ok so I’ve had this problem for a long time and I’m finally done with putting up with it, I need to fix it, please if you have a solution say it! Here is my problems: 1.) Cannot open Microsoft Store and any Microsoft store apps 2.) Cannot open Settings and no type of...
  9. I guess Windows Security took a nap.

I guess Windows Security took a nap.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/bricks2920 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/iriiwp/i_guess_windows_security_took_a_nap/
  10. When I woke up this morning all my files looked like this. Everything is empty. Help please

When I woke up this morning all my files looked like this. Everything is empty. Help please: https://i.imgur.com/1C5gR4W.jpg https://i.imgur.com/hkscGSJ.jpg submitted by /u/geros83077 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i9axrf/when_i_woke_up_this_morning_all_my_files_looked/