Windows 10: Please help, extremely urgent! I cannot log in with my “administrator” account(local). But...

Discus and support Please help, extremely urgent! I cannot log in with my “administrator” account(local). But... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/lalilla90 [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/lalilla90, Aug 7, 2020.

1. Please help, extremely urgent! I cannot log in with my “administrator” account(local). But...

/u/lalilla90, Aug 7, 2020
  2. roryks Win User

Hidden Administrator Cannot See My Main Local Account

For one reason or another I managed to delete administrator privileges for my one local account. After several hours messing about I have managed to activate the hidden Administrator - but I am finding that this Administrator is not helping.

1. It cannot see my main local user account. It does not list it at all in User Accounts, so I cannot change any settings etc. Similarly, when I open User Accounts with my main account, it cannot see the Administrator, or the new account I created (see below)

2. When I access User Accounts using "netplwiz" it sees my main account but will not highlight it (or any other account). It is stuck on Administrator.

3. It will not create a new account. When I use it to access Accounts and try to add a new user the cursor spins and nothing happens.

4. I added a new user (with administrator privileges) using the command prompt - this was successful, but it bumped my main account off the login page, and it doesn't acknowledge it on the dropdown list with the start menu. (Yet when I restarted it took me straight in to my main account.)

Needless to say, I am quite confused. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

roryks, Aug 7, 2020
  3. cwo1960 Win User
    Cannot login to windows 10 after update! PLEASE HELP!

Thank you for the advice on enabling the administrator account. I follow all the steps and enabled the administrator account but I am still unable to log in. I am attaching 2 photos of the screens I am able to see at boot up.
    Please help, extremely urgent! I cannot log in with my “administrator” account(local). But... [​IMG]

Please help, extremely urgent! I cannot log in with my “administrator” account(local). But... [​IMG]

I have no way to choose which account to log in with.
    Any other ideas or suggestion?
    Thanks

cwo1960, Aug 7, 2020
  4. Bree Win User

Please help, extremely urgent! I cannot log in with my “administrator” account(local). But...

Deleting an Local Administrator Account

Welcom to TenForums @Shahjahan

OK, let's get this problem clearly defined.

You say you created a local administrator account, you also talk about your 'original' account. Can you tell us which is which in the images you posted? You also say you followed the steps in the article. That would have enabled the built-in Administrator account.

Your first screenshot shows a gmail account with the name obscured. This would be a Microsoft account as it has an email address as its name. I assume this is the one you call 'original'.

The second screenshot shows the built-in Administrator account. This is a system account, it cannot ever be deleted as is a necessary part of Windows. You cannot create an account named 'Administrator' either, this is a reserved name, along with others like 'Guest', so that is NOT the account you think you created.

It would appear you have just the two active accounts, your original one with the gmail name and the built-in Administrator. What was the name of the local account you thought you had created?

To see a full list of all the accounts on your system, whether enabled for log in or not, open a Command Prompt (Admin) and type the command net users

You will see your user accounts, along with a number of other accounts used by the system. Administrator, DefaultAccount and Guest are built-in accounts, WDAGUtilityAccount is used by Windows Defender in version 1803, but may not exist in earlier versions. Any other names are your user accounts.

For each user account, type the command net user accountname (using each actual name instead of 'accountname'). Only accounts that say 'Account active Yes' will be visible in the screenshots you posted.

It may be that the account you tried to create is not active/enabled, if so, you need to make it active (as you did for Administartor) before you can manage it in Settings.

Bree, Aug 7, 2020
Thema:

Please help, extremely urgent! I cannot log in with my “administrator” account(local). But...

1. Please help, extremely urgent! I cannot log in with my “administrator” account(local). But... - Similar Threads - Please help extremely

2. I cannot log out of my administrator account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot log out of my administrator account: I can’t log out of an administrator account and Im not sure what to do. After I had factory reset my pc for storage, I encountered a chain of problems. #1 when my pc started to reinstall windows, it would stop at 64%, restart and repeat again, previously I had let it cycle...
  3. I cannot log out of my administrator account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cannot log out of my administrator account: I can’t log out of an administrator account and Im not sure what to do. After I had factory reset my pc for storage, I encountered a chain of problems. #1 when my pc started to reinstall windows, it would stop at 64%, restart and repeat again, previously I had let it cycle...
  4. I cannot log out of my administrator account

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. After Windows updates, cannot log into local administrator account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After Windows updates, cannot log into local administrator account: Hello,We have some laptops or new imaged laptops with local admin account once we checked and installed Windows updates. We cannot log into the administrator account. The user name is "Administrator". This issue only happens in the last few weeks. Do you have the same issue?...
  6. After Windows updates, cannot log into local administrator account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    After Windows updates, cannot log into local administrator account: Hello,We have some laptops or new imaged laptops with local admin account once we checked and installed Windows updates. We cannot log into the administrator account. The user name is "Administrator". This issue only happens in the last few weeks. Do you have the same issue?...
  7. After Windows updates, cannot log into local administrator account

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Help with Log In as Local Account

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help with Log In as Local Account: So my PC for some weird reason forces me to add the prefix " .\ " before my username. By default, it expects me to login as a domain. Is there any way to change this? So I can login using only my username (and password)? submitted by /u/Watchmen__ [link] [comments]...
  9. Cannot log into my 2nd administrator account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Cannot log into my 2nd administrator account: Hi guys, I was mucking about and added a 2nd user to my main user account for my mother. Once I logged into that new user, my old administrator user seems to have disappeared. I have since logged back into my uni login account but I can only see a new profile may be an old...
  10. Cannot Log into Administrator Account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Cannot Log into Administrator Account: Hello, I was working on my laptop when suddenly my system restarted and I lost all my personal files( I have a back up). However, I cannot login as administrator, it says you are logged in using temporary account. I tried resetting my laptop as well as I did the registry...