Windows 10: Please help - file explorer will not open - solved

Discus and support Please help - file explorer will not open - solved in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi there, so I recently got a MSI GL62 7QF with the standard 128GB SSD, then today I installed a second SSD to the spare drive bay in the laptop. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by sw98irl, Sep 10, 2017.

1. sw98irl Win User

Please help - file explorer will not open - solved

Hi there, so I recently got a MSI GL62 7QF with the standard 128GB SSD, then today I installed a second SSD to the spare drive bay in the laptop. The SSD is a 500GB Samsung 850 EVO which was brand new, never did anything with it, just took it out of the box and put it into the laptop. So then I booted up and everything seemed fine until I tried to open file explorer, the blue loading circle appears and then the start menu freezes and eventually reloads but file explorer does not open. The laptop does however, recognize that the drive because I went into drive manager and was able to name it and format it. If I search for documents in the search bar and then click on the folder, it comes up not responding. I also can't open command prompt but other programs seem to work fine. I have tried opening file explorer in safe mode but it won't either. I would appreciate help with this as I need it resolved.

THE PROBLEM IS NOW SOLVED, I SAW THAT THE NORTON ANTIVIRUS ICON HAD GONE BLANK WHICH INDICATED A CORRUPT PROGRAM.

:)

sw98irl, Sep 10, 2017

2. File explorer does not open on windows 10

Original title:

file explorer opens and some drives like downloads could not open and automatically closes

file explorer does not open, Sep 10, 2017
  3. File Explorer has gone crazy after last nights upgrade.

My only has icons instead of full descriptions. I can not get back to a point where I have tabs that actually say something. Please tell me how to get my view repaired? help... Help.... HELP!!!

File Explorer, Sep 10, 2017
Thema:

Please help - file explorer will not open - solved

1. Please help - file explorer will not open - solved - Similar Threads - Please help file

2. Java won't open a .Jar file, please help!

in Windows 10 Customization
    Java won't open a .Jar file, please help!: So I have a file that is a .Jar and for some reason Adobe is set as the default application to open it. When I go to change the default the only thing that shows up is adobe or The Microsoft store. I have just recently updated to Java to 1.8 and it still won't show up in the...
  3. please help me to open store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    please help me to open store: please help me to open Store * Original title: please help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/please-help-me-to-open-store/ff4626f9-0e7b-4865-830d-bd777b2f6095"
  4. Files Explorer right click freeze Please help!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Files Explorer right click freeze Please help!: Whenever I open File Explorer and try to right click a folder or file it just shows the blue loading circle and then freezes! I'm running windows 10, I've tried searching everywhere. This is not the same as the desktop right click freeze. Please somebody help, this is what it...
  5. Cannot open encrypted Files after format! Please help!

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Cannot open encrypted Files after format! Please help!: I had Windows 7, I never knew that green names of files meant that they were locked out. I was confused as my windows told me to take a backup of encrypted files, never knew it would turn this bad. I recently upgraded to Windows 8.1 and now I CAN'T OPEN MY OFFICE DOCUMENTS...
  6. BSOD Help Required to Debugg and Solve Please

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD Help Required to Debugg and Solve Please: Hi all. I have been having BSOD issues with my Desktop PC for months. I have tried to search on the Stop Codes and followed instructions to resolve that I have found on the internet, but no improvement. Can anyone please step me through finding the log/crash information on my...
  7. File Explorer Help?

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer Help?: I can't find any setting or info on the internet as to why one of my drives is not showing on the left hand side of the File Explorer window.... Things to note: the drive in question is a software raid, syncing is done Anyone have any ideas? 40680
  8. File Explorer slow to open or will not open

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer slow to open or will not open: Quite often (60% of the time) clicking on Windows Explorer results in no action whether from the tool bar or from the Windows screen for a very long period of time. There is nothing showing to determine if there is a background program causing Explorer to wait. When it...
  9. please help files deleted!

in Windows 10 Support
    please help files deleted!: i really have done a big mistake,so recently i booted my pc into ubuntu to try it out and selected delete all files and install. There were actually 4 partitions which got deleted and came back into one and i had all pictures,videos and more stuff like that so i thought it...
  10. "Cannot open file -a" / explorer opens

in Windows 10 Support
    "Cannot open file -a" / explorer opens: Hello, I keep getting this error when Windows 10 boots to desktop, when I close it opens file explorer. Any ideas what's this mysterious "-a" file is? 97243