Windows 10: Please help - file explorer will not open - solved

Discus and support Please help - file explorer will not open - solved in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi there, so I recently got a MSI GL62 7QF with the standard 128GB SSD, then today I installed a second SSD to the spare drive bay in the laptop. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by sw98irl, Sep 10, 2017.

1. sw98irl Win User

Please help - file explorer will not open - solved

Hi there, so I recently got a MSI GL62 7QF with the standard 128GB SSD, then today I installed a second SSD to the spare drive bay in the laptop. The SSD is a 500GB Samsung 850 EVO which was brand new, never did anything with it, just took it out of the box and put it into the laptop. So then I booted up and everything seemed fine until I tried to open file explorer, the blue loading circle appears and then the start menu freezes and eventually reloads but file explorer does not open. The laptop does however, recognize that the drive because I went into drive manager and was able to name it and format it. If I search for documents in the search bar and then click on the folder, it comes up not responding. I also can't open command prompt but other programs seem to work fine. I have tried opening file explorer in safe mode but it won't either. I would appreciate help with this as I need it resolved.

THE PROBLEM IS NOW SOLVED, I SAW THAT THE NORTON ANTIVIRUS ICON HAD GONE BLANK WHICH INDICATED A CORRUPT PROGRAM.

:)

sw98irl, Sep 10, 2017

2. File explorer does not open on windows 10

Original title:

file explorer opens and some drives like downloads could not open and automatically closes

file explorer does not open, Sep 10, 2017
  3. File Explorer has gone crazy after last nights upgrade.

My only has icons instead of full descriptions. I can not get back to a point where I have tabs that actually say something. Please tell me how to get my view repaired? help... Help.... HELP!!!

File Explorer, Sep 10, 2017
Thema:

Please help - file explorer will not open - solved

1. Please help - file explorer will not open - solved - Similar Threads - Please help file

2. Please help me solve missing preview pane option in file explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Please help me solve missing preview pane option in file explorer: In Windows 11 file explorer, under View -> Show -> there is no preview pane option. Can somebody solve this issue please, thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/please-help-me-solve-missing-preview-pane-option/0b74f9bb-e1a6-4f23-b105-696435f71896
  3. Please help me solve missing preview pane option in file explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Please help me solve missing preview pane option in file explorer: In Windows 11 file explorer, under View -> Show -> there is no preview pane option. Can somebody solve this issue please, thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/please-help-me-solve-missing-preview-pane-option/0b74f9bb-e1a6-4f23-b105-696435f71896
  4. Please help, File Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Please help, File Explorer: Please help if you canI cannot open File Explorer, if I right click to open all I get is the hourglass! Opening files sent via email - File Explorer opens, but again with the hourglass!Plus Windows Update keeps failing Please help- Message given - There were some problems...
  5. Please help, File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Please help, File Explorer: Please help if you canI cannot open File Explorer, if I right click to open all I get is the hourglass! Opening files sent via email - File Explorer opens, but again with the hourglass!Plus Windows Update keeps failing Please help- Message given - There were some problems...
  6. Please help, File Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Please help. File explorer won't open in any way.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Please help. File explorer won't open in any way.: It doesn't open from any source (task bar, desktop icon, or even from open downloads folder from browser). By clicking on the icon, the screen blinks then nothing happens. I tried restarting the laptop, retarting windows explorer from the task manager, and also tried the...
  8. Please help! File Explorer Inoperable!

Please help! File Explorer Inoperable!: Hello, I purchased a refurbished Surface Pro this summer. It was working great for the most part, except it seemed to randomly freeze. I didn't think much of it, since it would usually get going again after. Now I essentially can't use file explorer at all without the...
  9. File Explorer not openning. Please help me

File Explorer not openning. Please help me: Hi, My file explorer all of a sudden won't open in Windows 10. Could someone please help me? I tried to create a new short cut. I have ended the task in windows explorer Nothing seems to work. I can see in the preview screen at the bottom of my taskbar, but I can't...
  10. File Explorer Help Please

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer Help Please: I used to open my File Explorer and it presented a menu as to which drive I wanted to go to, like C drive, D drive or R drive or other drives I have on here. Do you know of a way how I can get it back that way by clicking on File Explorer? Many thanks for all your help.God...