Windows 10: Please help. File explorer won't open in any way.

Discus and support Please help. File explorer won't open in any way. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; It doesn't open from any source (task bar, desktop icon, or even from open downloads folder from browser). By clicking on the icon, the screen blinks... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ReLyric, Dec 13, 2020.

1. Please help. File explorer won't open in any way.

It doesn't open from any source (task bar, desktop icon, or even from open downloads folder from browser). By clicking on the icon, the screen blinks then nothing happens.

I tried restarting the laptop, retarting windows explorer from the task manager, and also tried the youtube tutorial which states to access the registry editor.

Any help is appreciated!

EDIT: Recycle bin also doesn't open. Please help. File explorer won't open in any way. :(

submitted by /u/ReLyric
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/ReLyric, Dec 13, 2020
  2. ME_555 Win User

File Explorer STILL not opening

Greetings,

File Explorer has not been opening for at least a month. I have followed Microsoft's given steps in Fix
    File Explorer if it won't open or start
    multiple times with no success. Has anyone found a solution?

Thanks, Matt

ME_555, Dec 13, 2020
  3. KindOfCat Win User
    Can't Open File Explorer on Windows 10

This suggestion didn't work. File Explorer appears to activate on my system, but it activates in a minimized state. No matter what I do, I cannot find a way to expand the File Explorer program. Now I don't have any way to access my files. I need to access
    my files, or find out if it is even possible to role back my operating system to Windows 8.1. Can you help restore access to my files?

If you can't help my access my File Explorer to have access to my files, can you provide instructions on how I can roll back to Windows 8.1 on my Microsoft Surface Pro 2?

KindOfCat, Dec 13, 2020
  4. Homeless Win User

Please help. File explorer won't open in any way.

Internet Explorer 9 won't run

That's the exact problem i'm having. I did the first two and nothing happens, but when I try and do the troubleshooting step I don't have the internet explorer performance troubleshooter. Oddly both my x64 systems don't have it but my x86 one does.

Homeless, Dec 13, 2020
Thema:

Please help. File explorer won't open in any way.

1. Please help. File explorer won't open in any way. - Similar Threads - Please help File

2. Help! File Explorer won't open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help! File Explorer won't open: I have outlined the issue in this short video:https://youtu.be/QBCEXgLfocYI have tried everything! Please help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/help-file-explorer-wont-open/62b2ebe9-0720-42ef-ac16-190acbdec8bf
  3. Help! File Explorer won't open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Help! File Explorer won't open: I have outlined the issue in this short video:https://youtu.be/QBCEXgLfocYI have tried everything! Please help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/help-file-explorer-wont-open/62b2ebe9-0720-42ef-ac16-190acbdec8bf
  4. Please help, File Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Please help, File Explorer: Please help if you canI cannot open File Explorer, if I right click to open all I get is the hourglass! Opening files sent via email - File Explorer opens, but again with the hourglass!Plus Windows Update keeps failing Please help- Message given - There were some problems...
  5. Please help, File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Please help, File Explorer: Please help if you canI cannot open File Explorer, if I right click to open all I get is the hourglass! Opening files sent via email - File Explorer opens, but again with the hourglass!Plus Windows Update keeps failing Please help- Message given - There were some problems...
  6. File explorer won't open any files

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    File explorer won't open any files: Whenever I click a file in file explorer it just gives me an infinite loading cursor I still have alot of space and I have deleted thumbnail cache can anyone help submitted by /u/BrandExe [link] [comments]...
  7. File Explorer not openning. Please help me

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer not openning. Please help me: Hi, My file explorer all of a sudden won't open in Windows 10. Could someone please help me? I tried to create a new short cut. I have ended the task in windows explorer Nothing seems to work. I can see in the preview screen at the bottom of my taskbar, but I can't...
  8. File Explorer Help Please

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer Help Please: I used to open my File Explorer and it presented a menu as to which drive I wanted to go to, like C drive, D drive or R drive or other drives I have on here. Do you know of a way how I can get it back that way by clicking on File Explorer? Many thanks for all your help.God...
  9. Java won't open a .Jar file, please help!

in Windows 10 Customization
    Java won't open a .Jar file, please help!: So I have a file that is a .Jar and for some reason Adobe is set as the default application to open it. When I go to change the default the only thing that shows up is adobe or The Microsoft store. I have just recently updated to Java to 1.8 and it still won't show up in the...
  10. Please help - file explorer will not open - solved

in Windows 10 Support
    Please help - file explorer will not open - solved: Hi there, so I recently got a MSI GL62 7QF with the standard 128GB SSD, then today I installed a second SSD to the spare drive bay in the laptop. The SSD is a 500GB Samsung 850 EVO which was brand new, never did anything with it, just took it out of the box and put it into...