Windows 10: Please help - how can I get Bluetooth on my PC?

Discus and support Please help - how can I get Bluetooth on my PC? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I've tried everything for this; reading help pages, watching videos... but no luck. I am using Windows 10, 64 bit. It has a sticker on the front... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by tonight_we_fly, Apr 5, 2020.

1. Please help - how can I get Bluetooth on my PC?

I've tried everything for this; reading help pages, watching videos... but no luck.

I am using Windows 10, 64 bit.

It has a sticker on the front which says Intel inside.

When I go in to Settings, then to Bluetooth & Other Devices, it seems to recognise other Bluetooth devices connected to our Wi-Fi around the house.

But there is no button to turn Bluetooth On/Off, which most help guides suggest there should be. When I select "Add Bluetooth or other device" I get the message "Couldn't connect - switch on Bluetooth."

I've also gone into another menu where I was told to look for Bluetooth Radio, but it wasn't there. Also looked within folders called "Other" and things like that, but still no sign of it.

I tried downloading and installing the "Intel® Wireless Bluetooth® for Windows® 10" but it seems to have done absolutely nothing. Tried it several times, restarting the computer, even running the troubleshooter, still no Bluetooth.

If I have to buy something to plug into the computer to get Bluetooth then that would be fine, but it would really help to get some actual advice on this. I don't want to waste money on something if I immediately then discover that's not what I needed, and also I have no idea what to buy, so advice would be massively appreciated.

Every single help guide I can find just stops at the point where you click the "Switch on Bluetooth" switch. I do not have that switch, and seemingly nothing I can do makes it appear. If someone could take the time to helpfully direct me where to go when you don't have that switch then I would be extremely grateful.

Thank you in advance to anybody who is able to make a helpful suggestion.

:)

tonight_we_fly, Apr 5, 2020
  2. Mithin_EJ Win User

iPhone to pc Bluetooth

Hi DianeFrigon,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums

You may want to answer these questions to get more clarity on this issue:

1. Are you getting any error message?
    2. Have you made any changes to the computer prior to the issue?
    3. Did you try paring Android mobile to PC?

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1:

Turn on Bluetooth on your iPhone which you link to pair on Windows PC.

Note: Turn on Bluetooth on iPhone, tap settings, tap Bluetooth, and then turn on Bluetooth.

1. Open settings on Windows 10 PC
    2. Select Devices and select Bluetooth
    3. Below Manage Bluetooth devices select, turn on the Bluetooth option.

4. Windows 10 will start searching for Bluetooth devices, in few seconds, your IPhone name will appear in manage Bluetooth devices sections.
    5. Click on pair button
    6. It will prompt for the passcode on Windows 10 PC
    7. Check whether passcode is appearing on your IPhone
    8. Click Yes button on your PC, and then tap pair option on your IPhone to pair with Windows 10 PC via Bluetooth.

Hope it helps

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking Yes Or No.

Mithin EJ

Microsoft Community- Moderator

Mithin_EJ, Apr 5, 2020
  3. Bluetooth not existing after format of PC.

Hi,

If your Bluetooth hardware is missing after resetting your PC, this can be a result of a corrupted, outdated, or missing driver. As an initial step to get Bluetooth working, we suggest that you follow the steps provided on this

link
    . Click the drop-down arrow for the Bluetooth doesn't appear and there are no unknown devices listed in Device Manager section to view the appropriate steps.

Let us know should you need further assistance.

Darwin Dim, Apr 5, 2020
  4. malware Win User

Please help - how can I get Bluetooth on my PC?

Bluetooth Technology Gets Faster With Bluetooth 3.0

From its annual All Hands Meeting in Tokyo this week, the Bluetooth SIG formally adopted Bluetooth Core Specification Version 3.0 + High Speed (HS), or Bluetooth 3.0. This latest iteration of the popular short-range wireless technology fulfills the consumers' need for speed while providing the same wireless Bluetooth experience – faster. Manufacturers of consumer electronics and home entertainment devices can now build their products to send large amounts of video, music and photos between devices wirelessly at speeds consumers expect.
    Bluetooth 3.0 gets its speed from the 802.11 radio protocol. The inclusion of the 802.11 Protocol Adaptation Layer (PAL) provides increased throughput of data transfers at the approximate rate of 24 Mbps. In addition, mobile devices including Bluetooth 3.0 + HS will realize increased power savings due to enhanced power control built in.

"Like Ricky Bobby in Talladega Nights, this latest version was 'born to go fast,' said Mike's Blog, Ph.D., executive director of the Bluetooth SIG. "Utilizing the 802.11 radio was a natural choice as it provides efficiencies for both our members and consumers – members get more function out of the two radios they are already including in devices, and consumers with Bluetooth 3.0 + HS products will get faster exchange of information without changing how they connect. We are excited to expand the possibilities of the PAN."

This newest version of Bluetooth technology builds on the inherent qualities of the current 2.1 + EDR version, including Simple Secure Pairing and built-in, automatic security. And as with all versions of theBluetooth specification, v3.0 + HS provides developers, manufacturers and consumers with the benefit of backwards compatibility, enabling both the expansion and enhancement of this technology with every new specification release. Once products reach the market, the easiest way for consumers to learn which devices are compatible with other Bluetooth enabled devices is to visit the Bluetooth Gadget Guide.

Applications
    With the availability of Bluetooth version 3.0 + HS, consumers can expect to move large data files of videos, music and photos between their own devices and the trusted devices of others, without the need for cables and wires. Some applications consumers will experience include:
    • Wirelessly bulk synchronize music libraries between PC and music player or phone
    • Bulk download photos to a printer or PC
    • Send video files from camera or phone to computer or television
    Availability

The Bluetooth SIG's formal adoption of the specification is only the first step in the product lifecycle. News out today from wireless chip manufacturers and Bluetooth SIG member companies Atheros, Broadcom and CSR shows the second step – getting silicon solutions to device manufacturers – is already underway. End products for consumers are expected to be in the market in 9 to 12 months.

Technical Specifications
    This new specification release includes several major enhancements (learn more here - page requires member login):
    • Generic Alternate MAC/PHY (AMP)
    • 802.11 Protocol Adaptation Layer (PAL)
    • Generic Test Methodology
    • Enhanced Power Control
    • Unicast Connectionless Data
    Source: Engadget

malware, Apr 5, 2020
Thema:

Please help - how can I get Bluetooth on my PC?

1. Please help - how can I get Bluetooth on my PC? - Similar Threads - Please help Bluetooth

2. Can I ask help where to get bluetooth driver - if there is one - for my PC?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can I ask help where to get bluetooth driver - if there is one - for my PC?: This my system Motherboard: MPG B550 GAMING PLUSCPU: AMD RYZEN 5 5600 6-coreGPU: AMD Radeon RX 6600 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-ask-help-where-to-get-bluetooth-driver-if/5397de55-c03d-47e1-a7b6-30d0711ca9d0
  3. Can I ask help where to get bluetooth driver - if there is one - for my PC?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I ask help where to get bluetooth driver - if there is one - for my PC?: This my system Motherboard: MPG B550 GAMING PLUSCPU: AMD RYZEN 5 5600 6-coreGPU: AMD Radeon RX 6600 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-ask-help-where-to-get-bluetooth-driver-if/5397de55-c03d-47e1-a7b6-30d0711ca9d0
  4. Can I ask help where to get bluetooth driver - if there is one - for my PC?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. how can i get my bluetooth on button to appear

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how can i get my bluetooth on button to appear: my bluetooth on button my toshiba windows 8 has dissapaired and bluetooth is not in device manger https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-get-my-bluetooth-on-button-to-appear/9331df49-0699-46fc-b0da-a773b38f2f60
  6. How can I get bluetooth to work?

How can I get bluetooth to work?: I have a custom build with an MSI Z390 Gaming Plus and an i9-9900k. In theory, after I install an internal WiFi + Bluetooth card via PCIe, I should have both, right? After I installed my GIGABYTE WiFi 6e GC-WBAX210, which provides both WiFi and Bluetooth, I should have both....
  7. How can I get bluetooth drivers for NV59C for windows 10 please

How can I get bluetooth drivers for NV59C for windows 10 please: Please help me. I am not even sure if I have bluetooth related hardware on my lappy. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-get-bluetooth-drivers-for-nv59c-for/38649b1e-2953-43e0-92f3-180b8fed8f05
  8. Can I get some help please?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can I get some help please?: For four years my windows has not worked right. Have yet to this day gotten any help. No one believes me and every one defends windows and blames me. It is not fair at all. Many different versions on many different computers and all have problems after problems. My biggest...
  9. Can I get some help please?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can I get some help please?: For four years my windows has not worked right. Have yet to this day gotten any help. No one believes me and every one defends windows and blames me. It is not fair at all. Many different versions on many different computers and all have problems after problems. My biggest...
  10. Can Anyone Help With This Bluetooth Issue Please?

in Windows 10 Support
    Can Anyone Help With This Bluetooth Issue Please?: Hi Guys n Gals I have a problem connecting Bluetooth headphones to my main Windows 10 (x64) PC. I’m using a Bluetooth USB adaptor in my PC. It shows as present in the device manager, and with the correct drivers installed. After going through the ‘pairing’ procedure, Windows...