Windows 10: PLEASE HELP - HOW DO I UPDATE THE LAST 3 FOLDERS INDIVIDUALLY- EVERY TIME I TRY - THE...

Discus and support PLEASE HELP - HOW DO I UPDATE THE LAST 3 FOLDERS INDIVIDUALLY- EVERY TIME I TRY - THE... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; PLEASE HELP - HOW DO I UPDATE THE LAST 3 FOLDERS INDIVIDUALLY- EVERY TIME I TRY - THE CHANGES APPLY TO ALL 3 - THANKS... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by ANNA Bannanna, Jun 27, 2022.

1. PLEASE HELP - HOW DO I UPDATE THE LAST 3 FOLDERS INDIVIDUALLY- EVERY TIME I TRY - THE...

PLEASE HELP - HOW DO I UPDATE THE LAST 3 FOLDERS INDIVIDUALLY- EVERY TIME I TRY - THE CHANGES APPLY TO ALL 3 - THANKS

:)

ANNA Bannanna, Jun 27, 2022

2. How can I customize individual folder icons in Windows 10?

Hi Laurie,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with changing folder icons on Windows 10.

We can change the individual folder icons by following steps and check if it helps.

1. Right click on Folder.

2. Then click on Properties.

3. Click on Shortcut tab.

4. Then click on Change icon.

5. Select the different icon from the list or browse the icons.

Please get back to us with an update on customizing issue with Windows 10, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Jun 27, 2022
  3. Individual Folder/File Account Permissions

First...I know this question has been asked many times since 2017.

I've read every forum thread I could find on this topic, but concluded that no one, who has asked a similar question,

has been given a satisfactory answer/solution yet.

I will attempt to be detailed as I can.

There are many, but not all, folders and individual files on my Windows 10 system that have an "Account Unknown" listed in each of their user permissions security properties.

This "Account Unknown" has full access to the folder or the individual file that it is listed in the security properties.

Not all of my folders and individual files have this, but many video, mp3, documents, pictures etc...do have this in their file security properties.

I have folders and also individual files in my Downloads folder, C:\ drive, as well my user folders and also individual files,

many of which are folders or individual files that I have personally made.

Also,...

(1) There is no other general system user account by the "Account Unknown" name that I can delete from my computer.

(2) I can't change the permissions, in the individual folder or file, for the "Account Unknown" user permissions.

They will NOT highlight to allow a change.

(3) I can't simply delete the "Account Unknown" from the user permissions list, or disable inheritance of the folder or file.

If I do that, then I can't do anything with the folder or file either, can't play the video or mp3 file, can't open the document,

can't even open the folder that they are located, or delete it from my system.

All I can do then is to go back in and acquire inheritance myself of the folder or file, which I originally had when I made the folder or file.

This process does get rid of the "Account Unknown" user permissions in the folder or individual file, but...

I have 100s of folders and individual files that have this "Account Unknown" user permissions listed in their security properties,

I'm NOT going to change user inheritance for all of them simply to get rid of the "Account Unknown" user permissions in the folder or individual file security properties.

• To be clear...If I right click on many of my folders or individual files, video folder, some individual video files, mp3 folder, some individual mp3 files, some documents, downloads folder, individual program folders or files, picture folders, some individual
      picture files,...then open the folder or file properties, click security tab...there is an "Account Unknown" listed in that folder or file permissions list, and it has folder or file inheritance.
    • I don't have a general system user account named "Account Unknown" on my computer.

FYI...I am running the OneDrive app that came with the Windows 10 system.

I have NOT re-installed my OS, formatted, partitioned, or changed the original OS in any way other than allowing it regularly update as it requests.

I have made a few restore points and a backup of the OS to my 1TB Western Digital external hard-drive.

I have changed my general system user name once, but the affected folders and files were already there, and only some of them have the "Account Unknown" listed now.

My wife and I both are user admins with no other users for the system.

I have NO viruses recognized by the installed Windows Security.

The computer runs fine and fast as always, and I haven't noticed anything unusual, except once when I looked at my restore points,

there was a restore point, that I didn't make, named "Probe".

This restore point showed up after I installed the game named "Probe" made by the "Imersatz GmbH" company.

All other restore points, even after installing a program, are either my manual restore points,

or are always named either Windows Update or Scheduled System Restore.

This is a game similar to the old Stratego game that I've had for along time. Never had any problems with the "Probe" game in the past, but I'm wondering if the game made the restore point, which would bother me, and possibly mean it has user access.

My questions?...

Why is there an "Account Unknown" listed for any of the folders or files at all?

Did the Windows 10 system make it, if so, then why didn't it make it for every folder or file, and why would it do that?

Does it have something to do with the OneDrive app? If so then why and how? Because the OneDrive app does NOT have access to my download folder, where many of the "Account Unknown" user permissions are listed in the folders and files security properties.

Have I been hacked?

What is Microsoft Windows solution for this since it has been happening since at least 2017?

Thank you for your time and any help regarding this issue. PLEASE HELP - HOW DO I UPDATE THE LAST 3 FOLDERS INDIVIDUALLY- EVERY TIME I TRY - THE... :)

I'll check back later.

NancyWhaley2, Jun 27, 2022
  4. PLEASE HELP - HOW DO I UPDATE THE LAST 3 FOLDERS INDIVIDUALLY- EVERY TIME I TRY - THE...

Family Safety on Windows 10 Child Account permanently out of time

Hello,

The issue could be because of corrupted files. As you have tried different troubleshooting steps with no avail, I suggest you to try the steps below and check if this helps.

I suggest you to delete the corrupted files yourself and see if it helps to resolve the issue, please follow these steps:

1) Make sure your children are signed out of any monitored accounts.

2) Sign in with an administrator account and find the folder that contains the corrupted files.

There are two ways to do this. The easiest way is to enter the complete file path:

• On the Start screen, type C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Parental Controls and press Enter.

• If you’d rather open each folder individually, follow these steps:
    a. Go to This PC

b. Open C: > open the
    ProgramData folder, open the Microsoft folder, open the
    Windows folder, and open the Parental Controls folder.

3) Delete all contents of the Parental Controls folder.

This will delete any corrupt files. Your settings will be downloaded again from familysafety.microsoft.com the next time you sign in.

Write to us, if you need further assistance.

Thank You.

ThofikhAhamad, Jun 27, 2022
Thema:

PLEASE HELP - HOW DO I UPDATE THE LAST 3 FOLDERS INDIVIDUALLY- EVERY TIME I TRY - THE...

1. PLEASE HELP - HOW DO I UPDATE THE LAST 3 FOLDERS INDIVIDUALLY- EVERY TIME I TRY - THE... - Similar Threads - PLEASE HELP UPDATE

2. Please Help me in this I try to install SQL Server 2019 but every time I get this.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Please Help me in this I try to install SQL Server 2019 but every time I get this.: Is there any solution? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/please-help-me-in-this-i-try-to-install-sql-server/e2a3efdb-aded-4a30-ad68-d84efd989f5d
  3. Please Help me in this I try to install SQL Server 2019 but every time I get this.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Please Help me in this I try to install SQL Server 2019 but every time I get this.: Is there any solution? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/please-help-me-in-this-i-try-to-install-sql-server/e2a3efdb-aded-4a30-ad68-d84efd989f5d
  4. Quality update miss every time I try

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Quality update miss every time I try: Quality updates are not installing in my system. I dont know why. Some updates are able to install but the majority are not. Error message says something happened on our end. Trying to figure this out for 2 weeks now and waiting for MS to fix their issue but it seems that it...
  5. Quality update miss every time I try

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Quality update miss every time I try: Quality updates are not installing in my system. I dont know why. Some updates are able to install but the majority are not. Error message says something happened on our end. Trying to figure this out for 2 weeks now and waiting for MS to fix their issue but it seems that it...
  6. PLEASE HELP - HOW DO I UPDATE THE LAST 3 FOLDERS INDIVIDUALLY- EVERY TIME I TRY - THE...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PLEASE HELP - HOW DO I UPDATE THE LAST 3 FOLDERS INDIVIDUALLY- EVERY TIME I TRY - THE...: PLEASE HELP - HOW DO I UPDATE THE LAST 3 FOLDERS INDIVIDUALLY- EVERY TIME I TRY - THE CHANGES APPLY TO ALL 3 - THANKS https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/please-help-how-do-i-update-the-last-3-folders/bebf6420-fd02-4e92-8055-8a2f7388db63
  7. I have tried to install the Windows 10 2004 feature update 3 times and every time I get...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I have tried to install the Windows 10 2004 feature update 3 times and every time I get...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/prithvidiamond1 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ke7hbp/i_have_tried_to_install_the_windows_10_2004/
  8. How do I stop individual folders uploading to Onedrive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I stop individual folders uploading to Onedrive: Online storage is only safe until it isn't. I have a couple of financial files I would prefer not to be on the Cloud and would like to delete them from Onedrive and stop them being uploaded in future. Can this be done, or is it an all or nothing system?...
  9. i tried downloading this update but every time it fails to download, help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    i tried downloading this update but every time it fails to download, help: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Hitmonbear [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/injod6/i_tried_downloading_this_update_but_every_time_it/
  10. Every time that I try to do update I can't finish

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Every time that I try to do update I can't finish: Windows 10 home version 1709. Every time that I try to do update I can't finish beacouse I have a error. (Download error - 0x8024a206) This is the update that I can install "Microsoft .NET Framework 4.8 for Windows 10 Version 1709 for x64 (KB4486153)" In setting that...