Windows 10: Please help: I don't see the available WiFi networks any longer, although I am able to...

Discus and support Please help: I don't see the available WiFi networks any longer, although I am able to... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I don't see the available WiFi networks any longer, although I am able to connect to previously authenticated networks. I use Windows 10 Pro,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Serhiy Neskhodovskiy, Oct 5, 2019.

1. Please help: I don't see the available WiFi networks any longer, although I am able to...

I don't see the available WiFi networks any longer, although I am able to connect to previously authenticated networks.

I use Windows 10 Pro, version 1903 (OS Build 18362.388). When I start my laptop computer at home or at the office, it connects to office and home networks automatically. Hence I am concluding that the hardware part is OK and so is the WiFi driver.

However, if I want to see the other available networks or connect to a new network (e.g. in a public place), I have problem listing the available networks. I click the "WiFi" icon in the bottom right corner of the taskbar. The panel where networks are supposed to be listed appears for a few seconds, but it's completely empty, except for the moving dots at the top that indicating progress. After a few seconds, this panel disappears and nothing happens.

Another issue is that when I go to "Control Panel" - "Network and Internet" it shows "Network status" as connected and properly displays current network name. When I click "WiFi" in the sidebar, or "Change connection properties" this window also closes almost immediately.

What I tried to do:

- Rollback and reinstall the WiFi adapter driver. I end up with the message saying I already have most recent version of driver and it works properly.
    - Running the "Network Troubleshooter". It says it couldn't identify the problem.
    - Of course I restarted my computer multiple times and I have the most recent windows updates.

I also opened the Windows Event Viewer and noticed the following. Each time when I click the WiFi taskbar icon and it fails to list anything, two new "Error" entries appear in the log (under Windows Logs / Application):

First error details:
    ---
    Faulting application name: RuntimeBroker.exe, version: 10.0.18362.1, time stamp: 0x4539d5a0
    Faulting module name: RasMediaManager.dll, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0xbdd09b8e
    Exception code: 0xc0000005
    Fault offset: 0x00000000000014e3
    Faulting process id: 0x16c
    Faulting application start time: 0x01d57b9ebb1de4d5
    Faulting application path: C:\Windows\System32\RuntimeBroker.exe
    Faulting module path: C:\Windows\System32\RasMediaManager.dll
    Report Id: 20284e02-7c1d-4d1c-8c3c-4d9d188527a9
    Faulting package full name: Microsoft.Windows.ShellExperienceHost_10.0.18362.387_neutral_neutral_cw5n1h2txyewy
    Faulting package-relative application ID: runtimebroker07f4358a809ac99a64a67c1

===

Second error details:
    ---
    Faulting application name: RuntimeBroker.exe, version: 10.0.18362.1, time stamp: 0x4539d5a0
    Faulting module name: RasMediaManager.dll, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0xbdd09b8e
    Exception code: 0xc0000005
    Fault offset: 0x00000000000014e3
    Faulting process id: 0x18b4
    Faulting application start time: 0x01d57b9ebc267ba5
    Faulting application path: C:\Windows\System32\RuntimeBroker.exe
    Faulting module path: C:\Windows\System32\RasMediaManager.dll
    Report Id: 0c25c50d-1e54-408a-9a46-802fa958bd66
    Faulting package full name: Microsoft.Windows.ShellExperienceHost_10.0.18362.387_neutral_neutral_cw5n1h2txyewy
    Faulting package-relative application ID: runtimebroker07f4358a809ac99a64a67c1

===

These "Error" entries are accompanied by a few "Information" entries with source "Windows error reporting" - please let me know if you need their content and I'll add it to the report.

Please help me solve the issue or point me in the right direction. Thanks in advance.

:)

Serhiy Neskhodovskiy, Oct 5, 2019

2. One specific WIFI network is not appearing in the available networks

I use two WIFI networks in my home: one for work via a Verizon Jetpack hotspot and one via a router connectect to home internet. The list of available networks shows my home network but no longer has the Verizon network listed. I can't figure out how to
    get it back and I don't know why it disappeared in the first place. I am able to recognize and connect to the Verizon Jetpack from other devices. Thanks in advance for the help!

JakeKoepkey, Oct 5, 2019
  3. Marc Cai Win User
    "WiFi- Show Available Networks" does not list wireless routers anymore

It is good to be cautious at all times. To set an expectation regarding the concern, the
    network lists or saved network profiles should not be affected by the steps. But in order to be sure that everything will be safe and sound, please refer to the following links:

How to back up and restore the registry in Windows

Back up and restore your PC

I noticed that there are good new suggestions. It is best to give each of them a chance.

Regards.

Marc Cai, Oct 5, 2019
  4. Please help: I don't see the available WiFi networks any longer, although I am able to...

Laptop won't show list of available networks

We suggest checking the list of available Wi-Fi networks on your laptop.

Please follow these steps:

• Click the Windows logo.
    • Go to Settings (gear icon).
    • Select Network and Internet.
    • Then Wi-Fi.
    • Make sure the Wi-Fi radio button is On.
    • Select Show available networks, then you'll be able to see the list of available Wi-Fi networks.

Update us with the outcome so we provide further assistance.

Robert Caw, Oct 5, 2019
Thema:

Please help: I don't see the available WiFi networks any longer, although I am able to...

1. Please help: I don't see the available WiFi networks any longer, although I am able to... - Similar Threads - Please help don't

2. I am not able to see the wifi option on my pc , not in the setting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am not able to see the wifi option on my pc , not in the setting: I am not able to see wifi option in the settings and hence am not able to connect to the internet, i h restarted my pc multiple times and reset my network adapter too....
  3. I am not able to see the wifi option on my pc , not in the setting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I am not able to see the wifi option on my pc , not in the setting: I am not able to see wifi option in the settings and hence am not able to connect to the internet, i h restarted my pc multiple times and reset my network adapter too....
  4. How do I see available WIFI networks?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I see available WIFI networks?: When I'm connected to WIFI I can see a list of available networks, but if my very unstable modem boots me out and I want to reconnect I cannot see a list of available networks. I don't even see a WIFI icon. I have to restart my computer to reconnect....
  5. How do I see available WIFI networks?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I see available WIFI networks?: When I'm connected to WIFI I can see a list of available networks, but if my very unstable modem boots me out and I want to reconnect I cannot see a list of available networks. I don't even see a WIFI icon. I have to restart my computer to reconnect....
  6. I am having wifi issues please help.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I am having wifi issues please help.: So I recently bought an Acer N50-610 Gaming PC with Windows 10 on it and at first it connected to the wifi just fine but for some reason now it is having issues. It connects but says "No internet". Normally this is a problem with the router itself but all my other devices are...
  7. Why am I no longer able to see any attachments in my email?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why am I no longer able to see any attachments in my email?: Yes I have ensured it is synced, I can see the attachments on the app in my android but not on my laptop through the windows 10 Mail and Calendar app. I have tried everything possible, at least I think, and nothing is working! Please help....
  8. I am not able to connect to any WiFi network. It is showing "No Wi-Fi networks found" when...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I am not able to connect to any WiFi network. It is showing "No Wi-Fi networks found" when...: This problem came up suddenly few months back. Since then, I have tried update, rollback, disable/enable of my WiFi driver (Intel Centrino Wireless-N 2230) but nothing has worked[ATTACH]. I don't know how to solve this problem. Please help. Laptop model - Dell Inspiron 5520...
  9. I don't see the wifi

I don't see the wifi: In my lapto I do not see the Wi-Fi that is nearby to connect to me the first time this happens to me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-dont-see-the-wifi/63294876-fe8b-4441-9ff8-ba57062880af
  10. I am no longer able to download any document from the internet

I am no longer able to download any document from the internet: I am n longer able to download any document from the internet The message I get is 'Your …..[name of document] contained a virus and was deleted' https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/download/6d749a4d-44f5-4415-a16c-ba376a8283c3