Windows 10: PLEASE HELP!! I DUAL BOOTED KALI WITH WINDOWS 10 AND RESTARTED MY COMPUTER AND GOT GRUB!

Discus and support PLEASE HELP!! I DUAL BOOTED KALI WITH WINDOWS 10 AND RESTARTED MY COMPUTER AND GOT GRUB! in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I dual booted kali live with windows 10 and took out my usb and it froze. I restarted my computer and got this; Welcome to GRUB! error : unknown... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Neon639, Mar 25, 2020.

1. PLEASE HELP!! I DUAL BOOTED KALI WITH WINDOWS 10 AND RESTARTED MY COMPUTER AND GOT GRUB!

I dual booted kali live with windows 10 and took out my usb and it froze. I restarted my computer and got this;

Welcome to GRUB! error : unknown filesystem. grub rescue>

I cant find a solution anywhere. I tried using ls and checking them individually but none contain the linux. I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO! PLEASE HELP I'M FREAKING OUT!

submitted by /u/Neon639
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Neon639, Mar 25, 2020

2. Windows 10 + Kali Linux dual boot fails to update with Creator Update

Hello,

I just tried to update my current installation of Windows 10 to the Windows 10 Creator Update edition. I have so far tried two times, and both have failed. However, my Windows 10 install remains functional.

The first time I ran the update it failed because my computer booted into Kali Linux (with the grub loader) when Windows tried to re-boot, which has precedent in my boot order. Windows 10 recovered by uninstalling the interrupted update.

The second time I ran the update, I watched carefully to be sure I selected the "Windows boot manager" from the Kali boot menu, so it would not by mistake boot into the wrong OS. However, even though I selected Windows to run when the computer restarted
    (before Kali could load) the install still failed.

To be more specific: After the first restart, my computer opened the grub menu and asked me what OS to use. I chose Windows. It then opened bios and asked me what to do. I selected to simply run Windows 10 without changing any BIOS settings. It asked me
    once more what OS to use from the grub menu. I once more chose Windows. However, at this point the computer froze and remained unresponsive for about 10 minutes, at which point I forcibly shut down the computer. Upon booting the computer, windows booted back
    to the old Windows 10 OS (without the Creators update) and runs without error. However, I still do not know how I can install the update.

My question is this: How can I install the Creator Update with my Kali Linux dual boot?

Thank you very much!

--Artur Hawkwing

ArturHawkwing, Mar 25, 2020
  3. DUAL BOOT WITH KALI LINUX

I have windows 10 on my device. I want to dual boot this device with kali linux. Will my windows 10 remain genuine even after dual boot or not?

VIKRANT_2524, Mar 25, 2020
  4. PLEASE HELP!! I DUAL BOOTED KALI WITH WINDOWS 10 AND RESTARTED MY COMPUTER AND GOT GRUB!

DUAL BOOT WITH KALI LINUX

I have windows 10 on my device. I want to dual boot this device with kali linux. Will my windows 10 remain genuine even after dual boot or not?

VIKRANT_2524, Mar 25, 2020
Thema:

PLEASE HELP!! I DUAL BOOTED KALI WITH WINDOWS 10 AND RESTARTED MY COMPUTER AND GOT GRUB!

1. PLEASE HELP!! I DUAL BOOTED KALI WITH WINDOWS 10 AND RESTARTED MY COMPUTER AND GOT GRUB! - Similar Threads - PLEASE HELP DUAL

2. Kali Linux Dual Boot failed after Windows update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Kali Linux Dual Boot failed after Windows update: I successfully installed Kali Linux dual boot with W11 Home. Hardware: Acer Aspire.It worked well until there was a Windows update.Now I no longer have the option to dual boot. It just boots to W11W11 works fine.I created 100GB of free space by shrinking the C: drive. In Disk...
  3. When I am dual booting Kali linux with windows, Kali is not detecting my disk?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I am dual booting Kali linux with windows, Kali is not detecting my disk?: Actually, When I had to dual boot Kali with windows, but kali is not detecting the my SSD[512gb] disk. while, I have already made an different partition for it and also I've all the possible solutions found on the web but still this problem is appearing. my BIOS is in UEFI...
  4. When I am dual booting Kali linux with windows, Kali is not detecting my disk?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When I am dual booting Kali linux with windows, Kali is not detecting my disk?: Actually, When I had to dual boot Kali with windows, but kali is not detecting the my SSD[512gb] disk. while, I have already made an different partition for it and also I've all the possible solutions found on the web but still this problem is appearing. my BIOS is in UEFI...
  5. Windows overriding grub installed by kali

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows overriding grub installed by kali: Hi there! I am using Windows 10 alongside Kali linux on my computer. I always update Windows 10 as recommended but it changes the dual boot menu at the start to choose Windows 10 or Kali. After the applied changes during the update, the boot menu is no longer visible and...
  6. Revert dual boot/GRUB - help needed

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Revert dual boot/GRUB - help needed: Hi. At the outset, I am new to dual boot so it is likely I have made some mistakes here. Please bear with me. I have an Ideapad with preinstalled Windows 10 and UEFI. I installed Ubuntu in a separate partition and installed the boot loader to the EFI partition. All worked...
  7. Windows 10 not showing up in dual boot menu(GRUB)

Windows 10 not showing up in dual boot menu(GRUB): I recently installed Phoenix OS alongside my windows 10 on a partition . It is working fine except now imI unable to go back to my windows 10 . I'm using grub dual boot menu, but it only shows Phoenix OS. Before i was using grub menu, the laptop was directly booting with...
  8. Windows 10 can't install updates (dual boot with Kali)

Windows 10 can't install updates (dual boot with Kali): Hello, I installed dual boot Kali Linux with Windows 10, after that Windows 10 can't install the updated that require restarting the PC, the PC restart normally but it show me that Windows can't install them, then it reboot again, and if I power on the pc it took a long time...
  9. dual boot menu and gnu grub

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    dual boot menu and gnu grub: in windows 10 i got only one os (that is win 10 ) and i still see dual boot menu and when i open my pc it starts from gnu grub please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dual-boot-menu-and-gnu-grub/e73f0933-cd9e-4cd5-9936-e6d3c3851390"
  10. Where would I put GRUB for a dual boot?

Where would I put GRUB for a dual boot?: Yes, I know this question belongs in the kali linux forum. Here it is there: https://forums.kali.org/showthread.p...e-does-GRUB-go This forum is just way more helpful. //// I am trying to do a dual boot on windows 10 with a Gateway NE56R49U laptop. My partitions are in...