Windows 10: PLEASE HELP!! I have been locked out of my PC and I forgot the password to my computer but...

Discus and support PLEASE HELP!! I have been locked out of my PC and I forgot the password to my computer but... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have been locked out of my desktop and I forgot the password to the desktop. I have tried creating a password reset disk from another computer but it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Adrian Wu, May 20, 2023.

1. Adrian Wu Win User

PLEASE HELP!! I have been locked out of my PC and I forgot the password to my computer but...

I have been locked out of my desktop and I forgot the password to the desktop. I have tried creating a password reset disk from another computer but it doesn't seem to work. Is there a way that I could unlock my PC without losing any of the files?

:)

Adrian Wu, May 20, 2023

2. forgot password for account!!!!

forgot password for account!!!!

you know when you boot up your computer... and yeha i have more than one account and I forgot the password to one of them.

is there anyway for me to get in to the account? or the account will be perminant lock if i dont remember password?

xp home

HiddenStupid, May 20, 2023
  3. No "Forgot Password" Prompt on Windows PC Lock Screen

Hello,

I woke up and forgot the password to my local account on the PC this morning, and the "I forgot my password prompt" is nowhere to be seen, so I can't get into my computer (Dell XPS PC running most recent version of Windows 10 and Office 365). I am the administrator
    on the PC.
    PLEASE HELP!! I have been locked out of my PC and I forgot the password to my computer but... [​IMG]

We have tried:

• Power cycling/restarting the computer
    • Using an old password
    • We can't do a factory reset because we can't log in
    Any fixes on either getting the "forgot password" prompt on the lock screen to show up and/or remotely resetting a local windows account password?

Thanks,

Lee

leelanders, May 20, 2023
  4. PLEASE HELP!! I have been locked out of my PC and I forgot the password to my computer but...

forgot password

Hi Tom,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft community.

• Are you using Microsoft account or local account for logging in the computer?
    I suggest you to follow steps from the below article “What to do if you forget your Windows password” and check if it helps.

Change or reset your Windows password - Microsoft Support

You may also refer to the below article.

I can't sign in to my Microsoft account - Microsoft Support

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, May 20, 2023
Thema:

PLEASE HELP!! I have been locked out of my PC and I forgot the password to my computer but...

1. PLEASE HELP!! I have been locked out of my PC and I forgot the password to my computer but... - Similar Threads - PLEASE HELP been

2. I forgot my pc password please help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I forgot my pc password please help: I forgot my pc password please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-forgot-my-pc-password-please-help/4bceeae6-6ec1-4f42-96de-1b4b2254fc61
  3. I forgot my pc password please help

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I forgot my pc password please help: I forgot my pc password please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-forgot-my-pc-password-please-help/4bceeae6-6ec1-4f42-96de-1b4b2254fc61
  4. Please Help ! i forgot my password laptop with disk locked Bitlocker

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Please Help ! i forgot my password laptop with disk locked Bitlocker: Please help me ! I forgot my password laptop with disk locked BitlockerThanks, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/please-help-i-forgot-my-password-laptop-with-disk/7c7710a4-1ebd-4fe8-8d4e-84b6e613098c
  5. Please Help ! i forgot my password laptop with disk locked Bitlocker

Please Help ! i forgot my password laptop with disk locked Bitlocker: Please help me ! I forgot my password laptop with disk locked BitlockerThanks, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/please-help-i-forgot-my-password-laptop-with-disk/7c7710a4-1ebd-4fe8-8d4e-84b6e613098c
  6. PLEASE HELP!! I have been locked out of my PC and I forgot the password to my computer but...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PLEASE HELP!! I have been locked out of my PC and I forgot the password to my computer but...: I have been locked out of my desktop and I forgot the password to the desktop. I have tried creating a password reset disk from another computer but it doesn't seem to work. Is there a way that I could unlock my PC without losing any of the files?...
  7. I have been locked out of my personal laptop for a week now. Forgot pin/password and...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I have been locked out of my personal laptop for a week now. Forgot pin/password and...: I've been in contact with Microsoft to gain access to my account every day. First, they told me to reset my password, but there would be a 30-day wait. I can't wait 30 days as I have to file my taxes among other reasons. I'm not a hacker or anything. Just an old lady who...
  8. I have been locked out of my personal laptop for a week now. Forgot pin/password and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have been locked out of my personal laptop for a week now. Forgot pin/password and...: I've been in contact with Microsoft to gain access to my account every day. First, they told me to reset my password, but there would be a 30-day wait. I can't wait 30 days as I have to file my taxes among other reasons. I'm not a hacker or anything. Just an old lady who...
  9. I have been locked out of my personal laptop for a week now. Forgot pin/password and...

10. I forgot my computer password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I forgot my computer password: I forgot my computer password. If I reset it using command prompt, with the help of a Windows 10 installation USB, will I lose any data? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-forgot-my-computer-password/a4bd58d8-969f-4710-80af-ff8bad551579"